First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wondering if any of you hybrid owners wish you had opted for AWD with the Ecoboost ? Imagine this may be influenced on weather severity in your area. Heard mixed reviews from the owners in my area in Michigan.
Thanks
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, very happy with the Hybrid!
Recalls and all.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope. I wanted I hybrid truck. I've been addicted to 45-50mpg for the last 8 years. When I found out the Maverick was going to average 43 in the city it was a no brainer for me. I understand and respect the Ecoboost crowd because it still gets better mileage than the average truck out there.

Sponsored

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I'm extremely happy with my hybrid. I had the Ecoboost/8speed in my Ford Transit Connect and wanted a different powertrain.

Last edited:

Jone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
 From Michigan. Only 1,000 miles in, but absolutely no regrets, overall 42.2mpg. I try to run without a/c.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. Only one time I "thought" the AWD would have been nice to have but ended up not needed it. No regrets in getting the Hybrid vs the other options. I have a long list of things I think Ford should do better (larger 12V battery, stop all the damn interior cabin squeakes, etc.) but that does not change that the Hybrid is still the better option for most (especially at the gas pump).

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also in Michigan. I actually ordered 2 trucks initially (one hybrid, one Eco) because I was not sure which I would want.

Once I drove the hybrid it was a no brainer for me. I put a good set of tires on and never looked back.

17k miles later I would not change a thing.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if any of you hybrid owners wish you had opted for AWD with the Ecoboost ? Imagine this may be influenced on weather severity in your area. Heard mixed reviews from the owners in my area in Michigan.
Thanks
I ordered a 2022 hybrid XLT LUX. Before it came in I snatched up a hybrid first edition Lariat loaded that was refused when it came in for the wife. Then I gave my Honda crv to my granddaughter for college car. Then not knowing when, if ever, the 2022 XLT LUX would be built, I ordered an EB Tremor. So after six months of having the Tremor which I really liked and the XLT LUX for 10 months. I opted to keep the XLT as it's MSRP was 11.5k lower than the Tremor and the insurance was higher also on the Tremor. MPG was not a big consideration as I only expect 5-6k miles/year.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks
I'm a Michigander and wouldn't trade the fwd hybrid for an awd ICE Maverick. Loving the fewer gas station visits, and how quiet it runs in battery mode!

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traded an AWD XL I lucked into ( with help from the forum) on my Hybrid when it finally came it. ( Took 3 orders to get one in ).

Zero regrets. I drive a lot of short, in town distance. The Ecoboost was great on the interstate, got in the 30's driving across country, but in town I averaged around 19, and that was in Eco mode and easy on the gas.

Getting 33 right now with my Hybrid, same conditions, and blasting the AC. Zero regrets other than owing a bit more than if I had stuck with the Ecoboost.

If you live outside a city, and average around 45-50 mph mileage should be fantastic. Sitting in traffic at stop lights though really nukes any efficiency.