Sponsored

Any early August build dates “built” or “shipped” status yet?

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Norfolk train arrived today 10/21 at Edgemoor Yard in DE. Does anyone know how long does it take for it to be delivered to Chapman in Philadelphia?
Sponsored

Johnp1046

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Sport
There is a large disconnect between Ford, the dealership and the customer. My last visit to the dealership had a comment from sales manager that my information was more current than their vehicle tracking program and yet Ford always says to contact the dealership (why?). My info came from the Ford customer service number. If a vehicle is in transient for 6 weeks or more the tracking information should be provided, rather than a web site status of "shipped". I was informed as to where it was from Ford but then watch it sit there for weeks before it moved on. I thought this was the computer age. Real time tracking and the next planned move activity should be simple for the customer and dealership tracking. Honestly when the threat of a rail strike was occurring, I was like great .... another delay! Elon just stated in the Tesla quarterly review there is a real problem finding carriers to move his vehicles. Yet, a whole lot of corporate trucks now have real time tracking, cameras and alert systems for unusual activity (Tailgating, swerves, excessive braking etc..). I actually see this as a FORD senior management problem that has not been addressed or worse ignored.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine was built 8/22 and arrived 10/4. So built to delivery about 6 weeks.

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Norfolk train arrived today 10/21 at Edgemoor Yard in DE. Does anyone know how long does it take for it to be delivered to Chapman in Philadelphia?
My train (TTGX 941386) just hit Port Wilmington DE today, also a Chapman. Ford rep said their shipping info usually updates Monday Wednesday Friday. Still supposed to be delivered next week. Called Chapman and dude said he'd check on it and call me back but never did (come to think of it this is bog standard for all my calls to Chapman...). 🤷🏾‍♂️

Saw a post recently that Chapman was having temp tag shortages and is slow prepping orders rn but can't find it.

meatysoup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quick update for everyone. My Maverick that was shipped early this month arrived at my dealer last night according to the tracker. My ETA was listed as middle of November.

I hope this happens for all of you as well.

Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quick update for everyone. My Maverick that was shipped early this month arrived at my dealer last night according to the tracker. My ETA was listed as middle of November.

I hope this happens for all of you as well.
I’m hoping that happens for me as well, last I checked on the rail car my maverick is on it was delayed by a few hours so now instead of arriving today at its destination, it is set to arrive at 12:30am tomorrow and then from there it’s a 2 hour drive from the Union Pacific vehicle drop off hub to my dealer

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today marks the one year anniversary of my order date. My truck is currently on a train on its way to my dealer in Michigan. My last update was the 20th, when it left someplace in New Mexico. I call the rail tracking system every morning with great anticipation, but it sure would be nice to know the route and stops of the train from Mexico to Michigan. Anybody know this information?

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Dealer has informed me that the truck has made it to a rail yard on the south side of Chicago.

This update moved a lot of family $ to the’Under’ side of the Halloween O/U date to drive it off the lot. All the action has been on the Over, from the beginning!

Make what you will of Halloween being the 7th O/U date in this 13+ month saga, with the initial 3 or 4 (D-Day, Summer Solstice, July 4) being 100% delusional fantasies.

Perhaps, maybe, this week!

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a large disconnect between Ford, the dealership and the customer. My last visit to the dealership had a comment from sales manager that my information was more current than their vehicle tracking program and yet Ford always says to contact the dealership (why?). My info came from the Ford customer service number. If a vehicle is in transient for 6 weeks or more the tracking information should be provided, rather than a web site status of "shipped". I was informed as to where it was from Ford but then watch it sit there for weeks before it moved on. I thought this was the computer age. Real time tracking and the next planned move activity should be simple for the customer and dealership tracking. Honestly when the threat of a rail strike was occurring, I was like great .... another delay! Elon just stated in the Tesla quarterly review there is a real problem finding carriers to move his vehicles. Yet, a whole lot of corporate trucks now have real time tracking, cameras and alert systems for unusual activity (Tailgating, swerves, excessive braking etc..). I actually see this as a FORD senior management problem that has not been addressed or worse ignored.
They tell you to contact the dealership because they want to staff fewer CS reps and save money. The regular emails are likely a way to reduce the amount of contact the customer has with the reps, however given the inaccurate constant schedule date changes, i don't think they are helping. The repeated contact the customer has with Ford is not what they want to have to deal with because every contact a CS has with a customer costs Ford money.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So misinterpretation on my part, I thought my maverick rail car was here in my state and has been dropped off, turns out after talking with the dealer their latest vehicle visibility report has it as just being received in Phoenix, AZ yesterday afternoon, weird thing is that I called Union Pacific again today out of curiosity and it has the rail car my maverick is on status as departing for Tucson, AZ set to arrive tomorrow…. Of I’m not mistaken isn’t that going backwards from where it came?

Sponsored

BrandonB81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So misinterpretation on my part, I thought my maverick rail car was here in my state and has been dropped off, turns out after talking with the dealer their latest vehicle visibility report has it as just being received in Phoenix, AZ yesterday afternoon, weird thing is that I called Union Pacific again today out of curiosity and it has the rail car my maverick is on status as departing for Tucson, AZ set to arrive tomorrow…. Of I’m not mistaken isn’t that going backwards from where it came?
Depends on where they have an auto ramp. Mine was in my city where there's a rail yard but no ramp a week ago Friday. It's now sitting 2 hours away from me, where it has been for over a week now.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends on where they have an auto ramp. Mine was in my city where there's a rail yard but no ramp a week ago Friday. It's now sitting 2 hours away from me, where it has been for over a week now.
Looked into it a little more and turns out the destination ramp that my maverick was going to was in Phoenix and not here in my state, so my maverick has been dropped off, but not where I thought it was…. It’s being trucked out of Phoenix, AZ to my dealer

Last edited:

natedog42

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got the shipped notification yesterday, 10/23, but estimated arrival window still 10/20 to 10/26. I assume Ford will update the estimated arrival at some point soon here....

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been sitting like 30 miles from Chapman Philly for a few days with United Road doing the last leg. Hard to get updates at this stage but did sign up for Oviss receipts so at least some Chapman delivery receipts w/VINs get emailed to me (non customers can't seem to get a full account though). So in theory I'll know when it gets delivered.

Have a weekend conference in D.C. so if it gets delivered by Saturday will probably leave that and hop the Amtrak up to Philly. Excited it's almost here.

carbonmav05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Eco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And finally after being built 8/25, it arrived in Chicago today and expected to be hauled over by truck on Thursday. So should be taking delivery then.. (fingers crossed) FINALLY.
Sponsored