Sponsored

Any early August build dates “built” or “shipped” status yet?

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i suggest to contact Ford Chat on the following web page:

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/?gnav=header-support

They will give you more detailed answer about the status of your Maverick ,
Good luck !!
Have been doing this and calling ford marketing and the most that they can tell me is that there is a primary status of “awaiting shipment”, but there is a secondary status that indicates my maverick was received by the shipping carrier
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Took delivery of my Aug build Maverick today. Initial reaction to the Maverick is about what I expected. It's OK but not particularly great.

I'm not in the fawning Maverick fanboy groupie camp that dominates this forum. It's OK at best. The hood is stupidly high and blocks visibility for no reason other than looks (it's mostly empty space in there). The key for the Lux package is an annoying cheap blade design that encourages you to hit the alarm button by accident. The engine revs way too high in lower gears. Stop start is annoying. The truck is two doors too long and feels like a boat compared to the one foot shorter Ranger I traded in. In person it feels a bit cheap for $31,000.

Some nice things, so I'm not totally down on it. I like the HPR color. I like the Ford Pass app features. I like the heated seats and steering wheel. I like the CP360 safety features. I suppose I'll reluctantly fill the unwanted back seat area with assorted garbage. Definitely drives better and goes faster than my 1980s era design Ranger, even though the fuel economy is no better (my Ranger 4 cylinder got 30 mpg). I no longer have to fear axle hop on rough roads. And the 36 month 0% financing is a rebate-in-disguise. And a huge number of rattles and "I'm about to break" noises are now gone.

The Maverick will do till something better/smaller/full electric comes along. It has AWD that will get me up the 175' climb that is my driveway. And it's way more civilized in many ways than what it replaced. My basic reaction is "meh". It's a car with a bed. It'll do for now.

Oh, one late addition on the plus side. The truck bed might be shorter than my Ranger's, but it seems deeper. It seems right-sized for somebody who no longer needs "real truck" functionality.
You mention the engine revving way too high in lower gears. You mentioned AWD so this is an EB. Does the truck seem pretty quick? My wife has a 2021 Edge with the 2.0 EB and AWD also with the 8 speed. It too seems to really rev up in the lower gears before it wants to shift. I was hoping that had improved the shift points by now:(

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mention the engine revving way too high in lower gears. You mentioned AWD so this is an EB. Does the truck seem pretty quick? My wife has a 2021 Edge with the 2.0 EB and AWD also with the 8 speed. It too seems to really rev up in the lower gears before it wants to shift. I was hoping that had improved the shift points by now:(
It seems reasonably quick. It certainly blows my 146 HP 2010 Ranger turtle out of the water. But the transmission is totally disconnected from your right foot during light city driving (as you start out from a stop). I swear it sounds for all the world like a moped. Doesn't help that the truck has pretty much zero sound insulation to meet the price point. Having traded my Ranger, I already miss it a lot (especially the manual). But I needed something new. The Maverick is a better vehicle in many ways, but worse in a few.

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have been doing this and calling ford marketing and the most that they can tell me is that there is a primary status of “awaiting shipment”, but there is a secondary status that indicates my maverick was received by the shipping carrier
I suggest to give Ford Chat a new call in one week, (The Chat room works better than the customer service phone line, and you get a printed copy of your chat) in order to update the "secondary status".
That's the way I am getting my updates., as the Ford Tracker is is stuck in the primary status since a couple of weeks, and my truck is already in San Louis IL.
Hope that yours will be at the dealer soon.

Sponsored

Sholtzy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 4kTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone that’s been built in August, gotten a “built” status or a “shipped” status yet? Mine is in “produced” secondary status of being “in production”. If so what was your build date and built or shipped dates?
My build date was august 8, it built and shipped and was expected to be here September 15, but never showed up, and have not had an update since the 15th passed

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet! Ford tracking just updated overnight. Went into production August 10th. Just changed to built status September 30th. Order track app shows awaiting shipment. Looks to be about a two month wait from in production to built from what I've been reading so far.

dale

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 saturn sky redline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Shipment interchange delivered" whatever that means, Blue Island, IL.
When it is at an interchange moment is slow. When it is arrival or departure the train is moving fastest.ine is now in Conway PA. Next stop is philly.

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went from 2 months of chip hold to built to shipped in 15 hours - my shipped email says delivery last week of October, hang in there all!

Sponsored

BrandonB81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When it is at an interchange moment is slow. When it is arrival or departure the train is moving fastest.ine is now in Conway PA. Next stop is philly.
How do you know where it's going next? Any knowledge of a final destination for a Roanoke, VA delivery?

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Next phase achieved, the August 10 Production has morphed into a Tracker update on 9-29 of ‘Built’ and “awaiting shipment “. :)

As a result of this update, lots of $ within family and friends has shifted to the ‘Under’ date of Halloween as the ‘drive it off the Dealer’s lot’ date. Prior to this update, all the $ was on the Over.

Truth be told, the Halloween O/U date is the 7th, and most recent, target date of this 9-20-2021 Order. A moving target…

Reactions: JAC

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took delivery of my Aug build Maverick today. Initial reaction to the Maverick is about what I expected. It's OK but not particularly great.

I'm not in the fawning Maverick fanboy groupie camp that dominates this forum. It's OK at best. The hood is stupidly high and blocks visibility for no reason other than looks (it's mostly empty space in there). The key for the Lux package is an annoying cheap blade design that encourages you to hit the alarm button by accident. The engine revs way too high in lower gears. Stop start is annoying. The truck is two doors too long and feels like a boat compared to the one foot shorter Ranger I traded in. In person it feels a bit cheap for $31,000.

Some nice things, so I'm not totally down on it. I like the HPR color. I like the Ford Pass app features. I like the heated seats and steering wheel. I like the CP360 safety features. I suppose I'll reluctantly fill the unwanted back seat area with assorted garbage. Definitely drives better and goes faster than my 1980s era design Ranger, even though the fuel economy is no better (my Ranger 4 cylinder got 30 mpg). I no longer have to fear axle hop on rough roads. And the 36 month 0% financing is a rebate-in-disguise. And a huge number of rattles and "I'm about to break" noises are now gone.

The Maverick will do till something better/smaller/full electric comes along. It has AWD that will get me up the 175' climb that is my driveway. And it's way more civilized in many ways than what it replaced. My basic reaction is "meh". It's a car with a bed. It'll do for now.

Oh, one late addition on the plus side. The truck bed might be shorter than my Ranger's, but it seems deeper. It seems right-sized for somebody who no longer needs "real truck" functionality.
Sounds about right for a lil truck built to spec at 20k, that's a lot of corners/materiel cut. Totally in line with my expectations at a 25k price point - if we wanted luxury we'd have bought luxury. 👍🏽Gotta love the promo rates too.

Railcar hit New Mexico today, 10/27 is the predicted ETA.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAC