First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those saying to Mickey Mouse it. I hope you buy it in a couple years when he sells it. Lol
Sponsored

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a reason why I went with a stubby antenna. I saw someone post the same situation with their Ranger in the Ranger5G forums.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi

I live in Canada. The Antenna of my Maverick got caught in the rope loop to pull my garage door down (See picture below). Dealer referred to their collusion expert wants. They have quoted me $1500 to fix. This doesn't seem to me that it should be that hard a fix with the right parts but I'm not sure exactly where to find them or what to do to install correctly. I was wondering if anybody here would be willing to point me in the right direction.

20220509_190649.jpg
Perfect example of why auto insurance is so expensive.
Hi

I live in Canada. The Antenna of my Maverick got caught in the rope loop to pull my garage door down (See picture below). Dealer referred to their collusion expert wants. They have quoted me $1500 to fix. This doesn't seem to me that it should be that hard a fix with the right parts but I'm not sure exactly where to find them or what to do to install correctly. I was wondering if anybody here would be willing to point me in the right direction.

20220509_190649.jpg
Perfect example of why auto insurance is so expensive. Something that could be reasonably be repaired for about $50 but the owner has the option to have it unreasonably repaired for $1500.

Sponsored

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The emergency rope handle should be removed and zip tied anyway, biggest and easiest security threat. If there is any issue in my garage, I’m using the personal door instead of trying to open a big massive door haha.
A permanent fix so this never repeats itself; Install a direct drive (side mount) door opener. There is no rail or hanging rope. Both Genie and Liftmaster sell these on Amazon. Not only is there no overhead crap, but it is also quiet and has an automatic deadbolt. So, add $500 to the repair cost. I highly recommend it.

Ford Maverick Antenna pulled out from roof of Maverick. $1500 fix quoted liftmaster direct drive

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford tough. How thin is that sheet metal?

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those saying to Mickey Mouse it. I hope you buy it in a couple years when he sells it. Lol
Seems odd to spend $15% of the truck's worth for a penny hole

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a new vehicle, have it done right, that's what insurance is for. Otherwise you will worry everytime you get precipitation wondering if it will leak.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ran a dealer body shop for more years than I like to admit, its a big job all labor the headline has to come down, theres welding involved so the interior has to be covered with welding blankets and seat may have to come out for easy access to back side of roof.
you're going to have to fabricate a plate and weld it in then do some bodywork and repaint roof. I did some quick numbers in my head figure about 1200 labor, materials 150 and tax
and you look like you need and antenna I would say your body shop is in the ballpark.
Sorry, all I could say is bring it to a quality shop roof repairs can be tricky you dont want mismatched or paint flaking off few year's down the road..
After reading all the posts from the hacks, the 3M tape method could work, I would touch up the bare medal, replace the antenna or repair if possible tape the antenna and put a small bead of silicone on the inner side of the tape to waterproof and pray, I would stay away from carwashes forever, but this is not the way I would go, looking at the base of the antenna theres not a lot of room to tape the bottom. Bite the bullet, if you cant afford the proper repair duct tape the hole go with the radio for a while save your lunch money and repair it properly when you can. Insurance is a option BUT most people have a 500 or 1000 deductable.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi

20220509_190649.jpg
Jeez....what a freaky thing to happen!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The escape sharkfin will fit it will be lower down then a ranger study antenna it would be alot.lower down.
Sponsored