Another 45day email

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm sorry for being negative, but what's the point of posting about the 45 day email. I just delete them anymore. received several. Who cares?
Unless one gets a Vin and window sticker thats what I want to hear about. After 500 plus days it starts sending like the character in Popeye cartoons wanting to borrow hamburger money. Gets tiring. :eek::)
Understand it's really old for you. But for those of us who just ordered 180 days ago (already?), we're looking for anything to help past the time. Just overlook the threads about them in the future.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understand it's really old for you. But for those of us who just ordered 180 days ago (already?), we're looking for anything to help past the time. Just overlook the threads about them in the future.
Me so sorry if me offended you. I'll not post facts anymore.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
I'm sorry for being negative, but what's the point of posting about the 45 day email. I just delete them anymore. received several. Who cares?
Unless one gets a Vin and window sticker thats what I want to hear about. After 500 plus days it starts sending like the character in Popeye cartoons wanting to borrow hamburger money. Gets tiring. :eek::)
I believe a lot of people use this forum as a form of group therapy.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On Sunday, I got my 45 day email for my XLT Hybrid order.
Last Thursday, I got scheduled for my XL AWD EB for a 5/15 build week. I switched the XL from Hybrid to AWD EB on 1/17/23, and dropped the stand alone hitch & SIB/6 D-link on both orders about 2 weeks ago. It seems to have paid off having a build with no options (even though I wanted the hitch real bad). I was sitting at priority 19 with order date of 9/19/22 on both of my orders. My sales guy said all non-roll over order were placed at priority 19 to keep everything equal.
I feel like I won the lottery for getting scheduled, and I feel bad for those that have been waiting much longer than me. Ford's selection method is still a big mystery

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As you stated regarding the constraints, I doubt anyone with some form of common sense would order a Maverick with mudflaps. In my opinion, anyone who does have the audacity to order their Maverick with mudflaps, should be required to wait until 2027, at the earliest.
I could see how people order a Maverick with mud flaps - people who aren't following the build and constraint process and have a dealer who don't know or didn't tell their customer that adding mud flaps is pretty much the kiss of death for their order ever getting scheduled.

It's not like Ford's going out of their way to warn purchasers certain items are highly constrained past the internal and external memos occasionally put out. If a Maverick customer isn't following the process even to a moderate degree and placed an order with a bunch of constraints they didn't know about, then they're gonna get screwed when it comes to scheduling. Simple as that.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I'm still unclear about priority codes. So for example, 2 dealers with allocations - one at priority 19, the other (dealer) at priority 11, both vehicles get built all constraints being equal?
The thing to remember about priority codes is that it's only relevant at the particular dealership. So one dealer ship's priority code scheme has nothing to do with priority codes at other dealerships. It only applies to the line at the individual dealerships.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could see how people order a Maverick with mud flaps - people who aren't following the build and constraint process and have a dealer who don't know or didn't tell their customer that adding mud flaps is pretty much the kiss of death for their order ever getting scheduled.

It's not like Ford's going out of their way to warn purchasers certain items are highly constrained past the internal and external memos occasionally put out. If a Maverick customer isn't following the process even to a moderate degree and placed an order with a bunch of constraints they didn't know about, then they're gonna get screwed when it comes to scheduling. Simple as that.
I agree. In fact, most dealerships are as confused and/or III-informed as the customers who are not aware of the part(s) constraints. But with a big purchase like this, I would hope that most customers would take the time to do their diligent research so that they are aware of it and don't end-up with an unexpected delay.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The thing to remember about priority codes is that it's only relevant at the particular dealership. So one dealer ship's priority code scheme has nothing to do with priority codes at other dealerships. It only applies to the line at the individual dealerships.
I think Tim said something about regional allocation impact.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Tim said something about regional allocation impact.
Dealer allocations is what is screwing most people out of getting scheduled to begin with. It's totally opaque as to what the allocation formula will be for your region and your particular dealership so if you roll the dice and get a dealership that barely gets any allocation, your order will not be scheduled regardless of your priority code.
Sponsored