First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT has done it a few times with the ignition off and key out. And the "auto lock" setting in the menu is for the vehicle locking a few seconds after you start driving, not when the vehicle is off. What planet do you live on? Read the manual... it's not rocket science.

WHAT IS AUTOLOCK
Autolock is a locking feature that locks your vehicle doors when you start driving.
Sponsored

2023Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took delivery of a 2023 Maverick XLT under three weeks ago and have the same issue. Just the drivers door too. Went back to dealership and I received the puzzled response “we have never heard of that”. I was told to keep an eye on it. This is very annoying. I pull up to get out to get my mail and the drivers door locks up.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 has not done it since the first couple of incidents when it was brand new.

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took delivery of a 2023 Maverick XLT under three weeks ago and have the same issue. Just the drivers door too. Went back to dealership and I received the puzzled response “we have never heard of that”. I was told to keep an eye on it. This is very annoying. I pull up to get out to get my mail and the drivers door locks up.
I have had the sam issue with my drivers side door locking me out several times since new (2022). I have taken the truck to the dealership and they could not find it locking itself. They suggested leaving the truck overnight for observation. Return the next day with the service department saying they could not replicate the issue. I have learned to carefully watch my hand placement when Opening the the door to exit. Even with this precaution, I still will occasionally lock myself out. I attribute this to a poor design of the handle/lock configuration.

2023Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I posted a previous post with same issue on drivers door. Yes this is annoying. Now I have tried this for the last 5 days and it works. By no means is this solving the issue, but has stopped the drivers door from locking after I close the door. Once I open the drivers door I press the unlock button twice before I exit and close the door. So far I have had no more drivers door locking.
Sponsored