paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally managed to get my Angry Elephant Rack System with Elevate TS Rails and TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover installed. Man was it a journey.

For those curious about the stats, here is a link to the rack system that is bundled with the T Slot Rails: https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/truck-rack-system/angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Maverick works well with the 50" rails option if you are ordering the combo.

And here is the Tonneau Cover: https://truxedo.com/pro-x15

Why was it "a journey" you may ask? Well......lets just say I have at least 4 bags of extra nuts, bolts, and other random hardware left over. Some still sealed, some open and partially used. Some looking suspiciously important, yet unused.

Since it is three separate products from three separate manufacturers, yet is all shipped to you as one package, things get co-mingled if you are not careful. Since each product is supposed to work together and sort of share each others framework/materials a bit, it seems I was sent extra of almost everything. Each company gave me a full set of some of the common items. Great! Can't mess it up if you have 12 of everything and only need 4, right? Well.......yes and no.

My problem was that for the T-Slot bolts (used both on the edge of the bed and up on the bottom side of the cross bars), there were about 10 different variations. Both in bolt diameter, thread size and pitch, as well as bolt "length" if that makes sense. How tall off the flat T shaped base the bolt extended for example. And guess what, none were labeled, all came in clear bags, and for the most part all could in theory slot in to any of the parts you were trying to bolt down. Until you come across a part that needs a really specific T-Slot bolt.....and you realize you used that one for an earlier step.....haha. That is what happened to me. Unfortunately for those.....they sent the exact quantity you need. Not one more or one less.

After a bit of assembly and disassembly (followed by more cautious assembly and second guessing myself after staring really hard and long at a bunch of T-Slot bolts), we are done! I laugh at their claim it can be put on and taken off in 30 minutes, but maybe you can once you have the hang of it. Just don't mix up your bolts!

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20221213_132218

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20221213_132240

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20221213_132526

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20221213_132309

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20221213_132255
Sponsored

Last edited:

Angry Steve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally managed to get my Angry Elephant Rack System with Elevate TS Rails and TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover installed. Man was it a journey.

For those curious about the stats, here is a link to the rack system that is bundled with the T Slot Rails: https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/truck-rack-system/angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Why was it "a journey" you may ask? Well......lets just say I have at least 4 bags of extra nuts, bolts, and other random hardware left over. Some still sealed, some open and partially used. Some looking suspiciously important, yet unused.

Since it is three separate products from three separate manufacturers, yet is all shipped to you as one package, things get co-mingled if you are not careful. Since each product is supposed to work together and sort of share each others framework/materials a bit, it seems I was sent extra of almost everything. Each company gave me a full set of some of the common items. Great! Can't mess it up if you have 12 of everything and only need 4, right? Well.......yes and no.

My problem was that for the T-Slot bolts (used both on the edge of the bed and up on the bottom side of the cross bars), there were about 10 different variations. Both in bolt diameter, thread size and pitch, as well as bolt "length" if that makes sense. How tall off the flat T shaped base the bolt extended for example. And guess what, none were labeled, all came in clear bags, and for the most part all could in theory slot in to any of the parts you were trying to bolt down. Until you come across a part that needs a really specific T-Slot bolt.....and you realize you used that one for an earlier step.....haha. That is what happened to me. Unfortunately for those.....they sent the exact quantity you need. Not one more or one less.

After a bit of assembly and disassembly (followed by more cautious assembly and second guessing myself after staring really hard and long at a bunch of T-Slot bolts), we are done! I laugh at their claim it can be put on and taken off in 30 minutes, but maybe you can once you have the hang of it. Just don't mix up your bolts!

20221213_132218.jpg

20221213_132240.jpg

20221213_132526.jpg

20221213_132309.jpg

20221213_132255.jpg
Don't hook a cyclist. Looks a tad wide but it looks good.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't hook a cyclist. Looks a tad wide but it looks good.
8 inches out from the side of the vertical mounts. Looking down the side of the truck, it doesn't seem to stick out any farther than the side mirrors. But now that you mention it, I'll have to take a closer look.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

8 inches out from the side of the vertical mounts. Looking down the side of the truck, it doesn't seem to stick out any farther than the side mirrors. But now that you mention it, I'll have to take a closer look.
Consider that body protection from trees and such.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I always wondered why everything I built has spare parts that come with it…🤣😂👍

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good. Mine went together just the same and there were definitely some extra parts. I got it over a year ago and it has held up really well. I have frequently carried a 17' canoe combined with a single cab mounted removable crossbar. Pay no attention to the worrywarts taking about cyclists. They are exactly how they should be.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20221213_132218.jpg

20221213_132240.jpg

20221213_132526.jpg

20221213_132309.jpg

20221213_132255.jpg
Wish you had ask me.
https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...uxedo-pro-x15-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

I put this my truck last year. Love the combo!

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 1B5DE698-10E0-4304-AC58-B3FCF33EA558

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish you had ask me.
https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...uxedo-pro-x15-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

I put this my truck last year. Love the combo!

1B5DE698-10E0-4304-AC58-B3FCF33EA558.jpeg
I think you were the inspiration for me buying the combo. Credit goes to you. Haha. I bought it all in January 2022, so it had been sitting for a long time in my garage with the boxes open and rummaged thru. I think that contributed to the "extra parts" issue. I am also now remembering that I got a mysterious "overnight express" envelope about a week after I purchased that had a bunch of nuts and bolts in it. And another set of the black handwheels. So many extra black handwheels....

I think they thought they had missed including something in the original package and sent me a second round when they did not actually need to. I'll have to gather up all the spare parts and post a photo. It is nuts (litterally and figuratively).

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like the antenna is gonna get in the way of a lot of stuff

Sponsored
OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like the antenna is gonna get in the way of a lot of stuff
Yeah, I plan to get a stubby antenna version soon to help a bit. The attachments on the top rail can also be shifted left or right, so I can always run lumber just to one side of the antenna or the other. Or raise the entire rack higher than the antenna. The photos are with it at the lowest setting.

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I plan to get a stubby antenna version soon to help a bit. The attachments on the top rail can also be shifted left or right, so I can always run lumber just to one side of the antenna or the other. Or raise the entire rack higher than the antenna. The photos are with it at the lowest setting.
Just out of curiosity, do you think this rack can handle 16’ lumber?

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just out of curiosity, do you think this rack can handle 16’ lumber?
Going to be more about weight limit of the rack than length I think. I would think it would be fine if you flagged the back and centered it on the rack front to back. But 16 foot lumber is going to gain weight pretty quick.....

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going to be more about weight limit of the rack than length I think. I would think it would be fine if you flagged the back and centered it on the rack front to back. But 16 foot lumber is going to gain weight pretty quick.....
True. Thanks

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, how you compare the Angry Elephant rack system to the Elevate CS Racks? Was there a reason to choose these over the complete Truxedo system? Sturdier construction? Easier to remove? My Mav is being built soon and kayaking season is also coming up. I want to have my options picked so that I can get the kayak hauling setup fit quickly.
Sponsored