Sponsored

Am I the only one having an issue with Over The Air radio updates?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. I can’t get it to update. It also doesn’t like finding my wifi half the time…. Wish I could use usb with the basic sync lite…
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sync 2.5/Lite. We don't get an option to download updates via Ford. At least easily.

Haven't tried manually downloading the update and putting on a USB drive.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 012554.jpg
@Ford Motor Company, could you please pass along to the Infotainment team that they need to update their Sync Updates website to support the standard Maverick infotainment system ("Sync 2.5"/"Sync Lite"/"Connected Touch Radio")? Would be really helpful if we could download updates from that page to a USB drive for a manual update, when Wi-Fi isn't available or the update simply won't work that way.

This page: https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Thanks!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont have my Maverick yet and have never had a car with a screen in it before, but the phrase "Over the air radio update" translates to my ears as "news". So to answer your question in the title, yes, I often have issues with "the news". It usually sucks.

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, 2023 unable to get software update. Tried multiple WiFi networks.

Sponsored

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just another dropped ball by Ford, some of us have our auto updates shut off to prevent dreaded will not remote start by either remote or FordPass or worse yet the dreaded dead battery issue

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sync Lite makes it quite difficult to update it via WiFi, unless you have optimal conditions, blah blah. Even if your Hotspot/Mobile network is slightly slow the update fails.

If it fails to find an update after three times, you have to soft-reset using the Fast Forward and Power Button, and either try it again or on another WiFi network. Despite switching to another WiFi signal it tends to fail regardless. Soft-reset is the quickest way to resolve/eliminate this as a problem.

There is however a newer update G2.1.0.1_R22362A as of yesterday.

To those with Sync 3, while it's easier for you to update via WiFi or USB, it's not always that easy. 2.3GB download to update via WiFi sucks if you have to use 2.4G. The USB method also fails (2021 Ford Escape) when using exFAT and you have to fall back to FAT32. The latter being slower to install the updates. Seems the infotainment system is quite picky about the USB flash drive & format.
How long does it take? Does the truck have to be running the entire time? My truck is connected to my home wifi. Not using a phone hotspot.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've tried doing the "over-the-air" update to the Sync3 system in my Lariat Lux Hybrid several times. It shows as "connected" to my home Wi-Fi network with a good signal, but it keeps reporting "No update available" when I select the "check for updates" menu option. That is really annoying, since the FordPass app and Ford web site both showed an update was available.

I finally gave up on the "over the air" update, and did it via the USB drive method. I was surprised at how long it took to unarchive the files on the USB stick (almost 30 minutes), and was expecting it to take forever to install in the Maverick. It took less than 5 minutes to complete in the truck!

The first update I did (a couple of weeks ago) made the system a LOT more stable (no more UI glitches or slowdowns), and removed the occasional "click" or "hiss" while listening to music. After that first update, I did have one lock-up, but it rebooted and came back up fine shortly thereafter.

I only did the 2nd update yesterday, so I haven't had enough time to notice any real change (for better or for worse). But least it doesn't seem to have obviously screwed anything up!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When the Maverick launched it was noted that lariat lux had Sync3 and everything else had what they were calling "Ford Audio" which was an entirely different product, no shared architecture with Sync is what I read. At what point did Ford rebrand that to Sync Lite?

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the Maverick launched it was noted that lariat lux had Sync3 and everything else had what they were calling "Ford Audio" which was an entirely different product, no shared architecture with Sync is what I read. At what point did Ford rebrand that to Sync Lite?
They didn't, that's more of an assigned nickname. Also referred to colloquially as Sync 2.5 (implying it's between MyFordTouch and Sync 3). It's officially "Connected Touch Radio" if anything.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...io-the-maverick-xlt-and-xl-audio-system.1015/

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just updated mine (22 XLT) yesterday ( to G2.1.0.1_R22362A) over my house wi-fi. It took a good 5 minutes for the download to even start (I have a fairly highspeed connection, and the truck was mere feet from router). After the update started, it was VERY slow for the first 50% (About 7-8 minutes) then jumped quickly to 75% then again fairly slow to finish to 100% were it sat for several minutes before beginning the install. The install took a good 5 minutes to complete.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The infotainment system in the Maverick isn't new or specific to the vehicle. It's been around for a while, especially in the European market. From what I gather, it was used in Ford Transit's & Focus' in that market.

If you look up the software version, it will lead you to sites that refer it to Sync Lite/2.5.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have tried over and over to get my damn radio to update. I have an XLT with the sync lite 2.5 I believe. I have tried home wi-fi and hotspot with my iPhone and it will not update. I am on 18.01 and I see from MTC that there is an update to G2.0.0.01.
Please explain more.

Do you see that the Maverick's WiFi is actually connected to your home wifi or hotspot. My home wifi signal is very weak so connecting to that is problematic for me thus I use my Android Phone HotSpot which had no issues connecting.

With a connection I then select "check for updates". Usually it takes me two or three times for the update to show.

Then I select "download the update". The update is around 446 MB in size so it takes about 5-10 minutes to download.

Then the instal. Be patient here as it looks like it is hanging at 100% but waiting about 5 minutes it says the install in done.

If you check the current version it will still show the old one. In about a day and a few cycles of powering on and off the Maverick a message on the infotainment screen will show "installation completed"

The latest update G2.1.0.1_R22362A (446MB) is documented here:

(XL & XLT) Update for Infotainment System 01/07/23

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XL. The one thing I have seen since the update is I now get the annoying "this truck is sharing some info with Ford, you can manage what is shared in the settings" message. I have to "OK" it on the Infotainment screen each time I start the truck.....did not have that "warning" before the update. Seems like we are going backwards here folks.
Sponsored