Sponsored

Am I the only one having an issue with Over The Air radio updates?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have tried over and over to get my damn radio to update. I have an XLT with the sync lite 2.5 I believe. I have tried home wi-fi and hotspot with my iPhone and it will not update. I am on 18.01 and I see from MTC that there is an update to G2.0.0.01. Any suggestions on how to get this thing updated? My bluetooth keeps disconnecting from my iPhone all the time and I get the occasional lock up on the radio and have to do a reset.

I would really like to do it at home, so I do not have to schedule visit to the dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rclee

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got mine in May. I really want the bluetooth to work, I have SiriusXM and listen to it all day while working.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I not sure on the base version, I know on the Sync 3 version available updates can be downloaded to a usb drive from Ford, they show up in Ford Pass. Hope you get all resolved.

OP
OP
rclee

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would need a Lariat to have the sync3, I have the el-cheapo version of sync from what I have read on MTC. Thanks @OleFordGuy.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I usually have to run the search for update a few times on home WiFi before it pulls it in. Then truck has to run the whole time which can be absurdly long

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would need a Lariat to have the sync3, I have the el-cheapo version of sync from what I have read on MTC. Thanks @OleFordGuy.
Regardless, you can check to see if there's an update available to download. If so, there will be instructions on the site on how to download and install it.

Head over to: https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

The website currently shows me a Sync 3 update on my Escape that doesn't show in the vehicle when I try to download it over Wi-Fi, either.

OP
OP
rclee

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I do not have Sync 3, I have an XLT not Lariat.

But Thanks.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not have Sync 3, I have an XLT not Lariat.

But Thanks.
Yes, so you should check the website and see if it offers you an update... It's not only for Sync 3. If so, it'll let you download it to install off a flash drive...

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes, so you should check the website and see if it offers you an update... It's not only for Sync 3. If so, it'll let you download it to install off a flash drive...
That link is for sync 3 and above, not for the sync lite. When I enter my vin, it tells me that sync updates are not available on this vehicle. What @rclee said is correct, it will not work on XL or XLT Mavericks.

Sponsored

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sync Lite makes it quite difficult to update it via WiFi, unless you have optimal conditions, blah blah. Even if your Hotspot/Mobile network is slightly slow the update fails.

If it fails to find an update after three times, you have to soft-reset using the Fast Forward and Power Button, and either try it again or on another WiFi network. Despite switching to another WiFi signal it tends to fail regardless. Soft-reset is the quickest way to resolve/eliminate this as a problem.

There is however a newer update G2.1.0.1_R22362A as of yesterday.

To those with Sync 3, while it's easier for you to update via WiFi or USB, it's not always that easy. 2.3GB download to update via WiFi sucks if you have to use 2.4G. The USB method also fails (2021 Ford Escape) when using exFAT and you have to fall back to FAT32. The latter being slower to install the updates. Seems the infotainment system is quite picky about the USB flash drive & format.

Last edited:

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sync Lite makes it quite difficult to update it via WiFi, unless you have optimal conditions, blah blah. Even if your Hotspot/Mobile network is slightly slow the update fails.

If it fails to find an update after three times, you have to soft-reset using the Fast Forward and Power Button, and either try it again or on another WiFi network. Despite switching to another WiFi signal it tends to fail regardless. Soft-reset is the quickest way to resolve/eliminate this as a problem.

There is however a newer update G2.1.0.1_R22362A as of yesterday.

To those with Sync 3, while it's easier for you to update via WiFi or USB, it's not always that easy. 2.3GB download to update via WiFi sucks if you have to use 2.4G. The USB method also fails (2021 Ford Escape) when using exFAT and you have to fall back to FAT32. The latter being slower to install the updates. Seems the infotainment system is quite picky about the USB flash drive & format.
Iā€™ll have to check mine again, after waiting for my cell phone carrier plan to switch over so I could have high speed hot spot access I was able to finally update my system to the 2.0 the day before yesterday. System was a little more responsive after that and havenā€™t had the issue with the speakers popping and then losing the audio for a couple seconds after that so itā€™s so far so good with the 2.0 update on my end. Any noticeable differences or improvements you noticed with 2.1 so far?

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ll have to check mine again, after waiting for my cell phone carrier plan to switch over so I could have high speed hot spot access I was able to finally update my system to the 2.0 the day before yesterday. System was a little more responsive after that and havenā€™t had the issue with the speakers popping and then losing the audio for a couple seconds after that so itā€™s so far so good with the 2.0 update on my end. Any noticeable differences or improvements you noticed with 2.1 so far?
Just updated today, haven't fooled around with the new update besides checking the version number.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That link is for sync 3 and above, not for the sync lite. When I enter my vin, it tells me that sync updates are not available on this vehicle. What @rclee said is correct, it will not work on XL or XLT Mavericks.
Not true. Itā€™s also for older versions of Sync 3, just apparently not yours.

Even the basic, non-touch screen 4ā€ Sync 1 system, such as on a 2012 Focus, itā€™s serviced there.

Ford Maverick Am I the only one having an issue with Over The Air radio updates? 1673161686459

Last edited:

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not true. Itā€™s also for older versions of Sync 3, just apparently not yours.

Even the basic, non-touch screen 4ā€ Sync 1 system, such as on a 2012 Focus, itā€™s serviced there.

1673161686459.png
Sync 2.5/Lite. We don't get an option to download updates via Ford. At least easily.

Haven't tried manually downloading the update and putting on a USB drive.

Ford Maverick Am I the only one having an issue with Over The Air radio updates? Screenshot 2023-01-08 012554
Sponsored