Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does this mean exactly?
It has a metallic and high gloss look. The tinted clear changes from a lighter to darker, depending on light. A clear coat is exactly that - a clear coat over the paint. It adds a lot of depth and has a mirror like reflection. The Carb Gray, Alto Blue and Rapid Red are all clear coat paint jobs. Look at different pictures in different light. Also look at the reflection in the paint compared to other colors.
The tri-coat paints are a base paint (like white), a color paint and then clear coat. They are highly metallic looking but don't have as much depth.
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered Lariat with Lux pkg. I am waffling on color. Alto blue, Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver. Unless I could have decals removed from Rapid Red!???
Can't go wrong with anyone of those colors. Carb Gray was next for me, but I am happy with the Alto. In certain light Iconic Silver almost looks like a stainless steel color.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't go wrong with anyone of those colors. Carb Gray was next for me, but I am happy with the Alto. In certain light Iconic Silver almost looks like a stainless steel color.
I think your are right - all of the colors seem to change somewhat in sun or dark. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I think your are right - all of the colors seem to change somewhat in sun or dark. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.
Y'all aren't helping me choose! Lmao

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I advise not to get Rapid Red and remove the decals. imo
I think you are probably right. My salesman just told me that they would nut remove it for me because of liability if it messes up the paint!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I think you are probably right. My salesman just told me that they would nut remove it for me because of liability if it messes up the paint!
And that should say nOt!

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm finally getting a chance to see an Alto Blue Ford Fusion in person later today...should make my decision final if I like it.
Did you take pictures?

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
Did you take pictures?
I got to the dealer and it was black, not Alto Blue. I would have been upset but it was only 10 minutes away. Going to check out a Alto Blue Bronco Sport in the morning which I've confirmed is actually blue so hopefully that will go smoother, lol.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I got to the dealer and it was black, not Alto Blue. I would have been upset but it was only 10 minutes away. Going to check out a Alto Blue Bronco Sport in the morning which I've confirmed is actually blue so hopefully that will go smoother, lol.
[EDIT] DISREGARD. I thought it was a Maverick but @adawalli pointed out it was a Fusion. SORRY.

But you got to see the Maverick, not a bad day in my opinion. I have no clue if I'll see one until it's mine on the dealers lot. It will either be white with snow or glistening in the spring sunshine.

Last edited:
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But you got to see the Maverick, not a bad day in my opinion. I have no clue if I'll see one until it's mine on the dealers lot. It will either be white with snow or glistening in the spring sunshine.
It was a fusion. Pretty much a terrible day

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[EDIT] DISREGARD. I thought it was a Maverick but @adawalli pointed out it was a Fusion. SORRY.

to be honest, if it had at least been Alto Blue, it would have been a win - I would really love to see it in person (and outside!). The colors of the cars at the car show I went today really looked off. Velocity blue was a LOT darker than I expected. Cyber orange...was...terrible. I mean, worse than school bus.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Decided on Alto Blue!!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

Sorry they wasted your time. Gonna call my salesman in the morning to see if they or another close by dealer has a Bronco with it!
Sponsored