First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, my wife has a Nissan Morano and this is also a social experiment for us. I retire in 2 years and we want to see if we can make it on one car. I was shocked with what Carvana offered. I tried selling it on FB for what they said was a fair price and all I got was a bunch of negative comments about it being over priced for a 5 year old truck. So, I pulled the ad and sold it Carvana for more than I had originally listed it for! Personally, I hate FB, but thought I'd try, never again!
Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clearcoat question - how do folks prevent clearcoat failure?

I've had Ford clearcoats fail way back in the day (20+ years ago). It flaked off like eating a croissant. Granted, that happened after the car was 10+ years old but I hope to keep the Maverick.

Did Ford fix clearcoat failure? If no, how to prevent? always wax? certain suds are better?

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the color we will be ordering. Our local dealership is supposed to get a First Edition on their lot on October 5th, so after doing the old school, look, touch, feel, drive thing, we will probably place an order if we can. If not, it may be next year. It will be replacing a Colorado I just sold to Carvana yesterday. I got $3000 more than I paid for it 5½ years ago! These used car prices have gone totally crazy, but we didn't want to wait to trade it and chance loosing $10K! Can't wait to get the Maverick, ordering a Hybrid Lariat with the Luxury Package in Alto Blue.
I also sold my Caddie SRX for over $3k it's worth, (also 3 CarFax known accidents, none mine, wife and 2 hits and runs). Sold July 2, on FB Merchandise in less than 24 hrs. Fortunately, wife is now working from home so I can use her car, along with my small motorcycle. Ordered Mav on June 9, this Monday took off the tonneau and mat option and received build date yesterday for Sept 18.

PIJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
I ordered the XLT Alto Blue as well with every option. Excited to see the blue interior/exterior combo!
I really like the orange accents. Looked at the XLT but I have a dog who shed something fierce (think ”Pig Pen“ from Peanuts) so went w/the Lariat but the interior of the XLT is way sharper in my opinion. Enjoy!

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I've finally settled on Alto Blue - went back and forth between Cactus Grey and Area 51 for a while, but overall the Alto Blue feels the classiest to me while still incorporating some flair. I also think it matches the interior on the XLT the best. Now I've got to decide if I want to keep the orange accents or not...
I agree. That color combo on the outside is going work flawlessly with the interior. Plus I love how the different shades look in the shade and sun.

Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the orange accents. Looked at the XLT but I have a dog who shed something fierce (think ”Pig Pen“ from Peanuts) so went w/the Lariat but the interior of the XLT is way sharper in my opinion. Enjoy!
My dog,Australian Shepherd, loves to ride as well, will have to get doggy seat covers.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the orange accents too and the XLT interior. I've read a lot of grumblings from folks regarding the interior, but I really like the XLT interior and favor it over the Lariat's premium vinyl (not leather).

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the orange accents too and the XLT interior. I've read a lot of grumblings from folks regarding the interior, but I really like the XLT interior and favor it over the Lariat's premium vinyl (not leather).
Don't get me started - Us Lariat riders wish we we had an option for the XLT interior colors with premium vinyl (XLT color). Shoot, maybe next year's models... I think we will all be happy driving a new 2022 Maverick!

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't get me started - Us Lariat riders wish we we had an option for the XLT interior colors with premium vinyl (XLT color). Shoot, maybe next year's models... I think we will all be happy driving a new 2022 Maverick!
I'd rather have a first year model for sure. I have no doubt driving one of these will be cool. Plan on keeping it for a long time. Ford did a great job on design. As for the Lariat options, I see what you mean, the interior was a trade off for the other upgrades.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'm joining the Alto Blue Team. I ordered the Oxford White but have requested my dealer change the order to Alto Blue. I figured it was the best choice to go with the fugly interior. Had planned to just get seat covers but that doesn't fix the dash and door panels. So I've changed .

Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm joining the Alto Blue Team. I ordered the Oxford White but have requested my dealer change the order to Alto Blue. I figured it was the best choice to go with the fugly interior. Had planned to just get seat covers but that doesn't fix the dash and door panels. So I've changed .
Right on! I originally chose Velocity Blue for the same reasons. But the Alto Blue has more depth. I think we have made a good choice. Welcome to the Alto Blue Crew!

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good choice. Welcome.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just left the velocity blue club for the Alto blue club. I still have mixed feelings but think it will be the right choice in the long run.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just left the velocity blue club for the Alto blue club. I still have mixed feelings but think it will be the right choice in the long run.
It's better to be an Outlaw than an In-Law! Welcome home!

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You definitely made the right choice. Worth the extra money.
Sponsored