First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't know that! That doesn't make sense to put a smaller wheel on a vehicle designed to off-road.
Smaller wheel means more sidewall which is what you want off road.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Donā€™t forget dry rot. I have no idea how many people I have tried to help over the years who simply let even a full size spare (though much more common with donuts) dry rot. That ā€˜spareā€™ is there, use it or lose it.
Yep, I was thinking about that but forgot to put it in - excellent catch!! Thanks!!!

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I tried to get the 235 tires but even though you can add them on the Online Builder, the Dealership can't add them without changing the wheel to a non FX4 wheel in their ordering system....
Can confirm.

Yup, this is a well known issue with the online configurator.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tow calculator also says Iā€™m too fat to tow 4000lbs with the maverick
That is the misunderstanding about tow capacity and payload, they are not mutually exclusive.

The thing is you do NOT want to max out your capacity anyway to be safe. to top it off most people WILL NOT invest in a brake controller and many people DO NOT even know what a brake controller is. On top of all that people will try to max out tow capacity without allowing the suggested 20% buffer. Then when disaster happens it can be catastrophic. How many people know what to do if the trailer loses the connection except for the chains, OR begins to sway because they loaded it unevenly or too much weight toward the rear? Heaven forbid they buy a weight distribution hitch or invest in anti-sway bars.

With the Maverick, I could only tow a trailer that weighed about 3500lbs with only clean water in it. The maverick itself would have 2 passengers and a generator. Because of that, I opted out of the ecoboost engine and switched to the Hybrid. I will buy a 2022 Nissan Frontier for hauling and use the Maverick for my in city driving/casual driving.

The Maverick basically is a car with some towing capability and truck-like features. It needs to be understood as that and nothing more. Otherwise, we will see some disastrous results(I HOPE WE DON'T) of people trying to push it beyond what it is capable of.

At least now you are aware of the limitations. BE SAFE FOR YOUR OWN AND FAMILY'S SAKE!!!

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't do your calculations again, but it looks correct to me. There are multiple weight limits on any given vehicle that reduce the real towing capacity to less than advertised.
Another way your max tow rating gets devalued is elevation. Ford tells customers that for every 1000 feet above sea-level you have to reduce your tow capacity by 2%.
So if you are 5000 feet above sea level instead of 10,000lbs in an f-150, now you can only tow 9,000. That adds up quick going over a mountain pass.

Also, for the record... The more I look at other trucks the stupider these advertised ratings get. I don't remember what it was... But the numbers were something like tow capacity 12000lbs, and payload 1350lbs, so literally any weight in the truck including the driver made the tow rating go down. (assuming a 12.5% tongue load)
Would the loss of towing capacity at elevation be negated by the turbo on the 2.0 ?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is the misunderstanding about tow capacity and payload, they are not mutually exclusive.

The thing is you do NOT want to max out your capacity anyway to be safe. to top it off most people WILL NOT invest in a brake controller and many people DO NOT even know what a brake controller is. On top of all that people will try to max out tow capacity without allowing the suggested 20% buffer. Then when disaster happens it can be catastrophic. How many people know what to do if the trailer loses the connection except for the chains, OR begins to sway because they loaded it unevenly or too much weight toward the rear? Heaven forbid they buy a weight distribution hitch or invest in anti-sway bars.

With the Maverick, I could only tow a trailer that weighed about 3500lbs with only clean water in it. The maverick itself would have 2 passengers and a generator. Because of that, I opted out of the ecoboost engine and switched to the Hybrid. I will buy a 2022 Nissan Frontier for hauling and use the Maverick for my in city driving/casual driving.

The Maverick basically is a car with some towing capability and truck-like features. It needs to be understood as that and nothing more. Otherwise, we will see some disastrous results(I HOPE WE DON'T) of people trying to push it beyond what it is capable of.

At least now you are aware of the limitations. BE SAFE FOR YOUR OWN AND FAMILY'S SAKE!!!
See way too many trailer disasters here in the mountain west-Curvy highways, multiple passes and folks driving 85 with loaded trailers- In putting together some numbers with the Tow/FX4/Lux XLT packages and a dry weight trailer of 2350- then with gear/cargo/water/passengers/tongue weight, looks to be under capacity by 20 percent- Not a trailer expert so trying to get this figured out as we want a camp trailer to go with the Maverick, something under 19 feet and 2400 LBS-

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See way too many trailer disasters here in the mountain west-Curvy highways, multiple passes and folks driving 85 with loaded trailers- In putting together some numbers with the Tow/FX4/Lux XLT packages and a dry weight trailer of 2350- then with gear/cargo/water/passengers/tongue weight, looks to be under capacity by 20 percent- Not a trailer expert so trying to get this figured out as we want a camp trailer to go with the Maverick, something under 19 feet and 2400 LBS-

It is available, but expensive! the more expensive the Maverick, the less your towing capacity. Go as basic as you can with 4K and AWD.

e92miami

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! I just needed 6ft to the end of the tailgate to get my motorcycle in, I have 6in to spare.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Yep, I was thinking about that but forgot to put it in - excellent catch!! Thanks!!!
yep, I usually save one tire from the first tire change and buy a used matching rim. now I can always update my spare to 'good' rubber and have matching if spare is needed.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is available, but expensive! the more expensive the Maverick, the less your towing capacity. Go as basic as you can with 4K and AWD.
Gotta have heated seats so need Lux- Looking like 1250 payload with those options, still better than our Highlander by 50 LBS

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't happen to have the rest of the measurement at the bottom of this picture? from the ground to the bottom of the vehicle? I know the minimum ground clearance but that's the minimum. What the actual height is hasn't really been shown in pictures.

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken 1629903249985

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Which cubby are you talking about?
Crap. I hope I'm not too late.

I meant the cubby next to the screen. I have something for it, but I want to make sure it fits, so height and width would help out a lot.

Thanks!

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crap. I hope I'm not too late.

I meant the cubby next to the screen. I have something for it, but I want to make sure it fits, so height and width would help out a lot.

Thanks!
Page 1 of this thread has pictures and dimensions of the cubby beside the screen.