NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Everyone will be ok. Do you really think they will total it just from this? If they do they better give me what dealers are charging for used hybrid XLs lol
As for the Maverick, after seeing these taken hits, it makes me wonder if Ford hired Volvo engineers to design the thing.

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't fret; yes, it sucks that you got hit, but you were lucky that the impact wasn't lower. I'm no body guy, but it'd be hard to imagine that the frame rails suffered badly.

As for the Maverick, after seeing these taken hits, it makes me wonder if Ford hired Volvo engineers to design the thing.
From my cursory inspection the frame wasn't obviously bent like in that other post. Looks like the metal bumper took the brunt of the hit. Everything seems level on the sides too.

I am very impressed with how well it took the hit

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tacoma owner's pride, oxymoron! The guy is at fault and humiliated that his expensive Toy was totaled by Fords cheapest Truck.
I'm pretty sure he was on his phone because he came stumbling out with his phone in hand. I told him to call 911 but he was not listening because he was in shock. When I took the phone out of his hand to call 911 it was on YouTube...

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Take some pictures of the structure boxes under the truck on both sides of the spare tire then compare them to the truck that was totaled earlier. Hope your damage is less. Please share
the picture. Thanks

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine got backed into in a parking lot a couple months ago, 3 k in damage and the shop has no idea when they will get parts. Minor damage, still driveable. They tell me maybe the first quarter of 23 for parts, dealer told me the same timeframe for recall repairs :(

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From my cursory inspection the frame wasn't obviously bent like in that other post. Looks like the metal bumper took the brunt of the hit. Everything seems level on the sides too.

I am very impressed with how well it took the hit
I hope that is the case and you can get your truck repaired and back quickly. Please keep us informed on the process as you go. Best of luck to you.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The crush zone for the bumper, under the truck, is going to end up causing the truck to be totaled.
Sorry for your misfortune.
BTW...sue YouTube...why not, right?

Edit: Wow...your maverick handled the impact way better than I believed it could. Your truck might be as tough as you are.

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Doesn't surprise me. Ford vs. Toyota.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my maverick a couple months and got rear ended this morning. I am impressed how well the maverick took the hit compared to the Tacoma that slammed into me.

Hopefully there is no frame damage. We will see what insurance say... I know it will take forever to get parts

IMG_20221019_092527812.jpg
Seen another post that their Mav was rear ended and they totaled it. Damage looked similar to yours. Good luck.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about that, everyone always wants to pick on the little guy!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow seems the Mav can take a hit! Hope you are ok. That Taco is obviously not ok lol.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

looks like the missed the bumper so your rails might be alright, could have some bed side structure issues though. That Taco is riggity wrecked!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my maverick a couple months and got rear ended this morning. I am impressed how well the maverick took the hit compared to the Tacoma that slammed into me.

Hopefully there is no frame damage. We will see what insurance say... I know it will take forever to get parts

IMG_20221019_092527812.jpg
I was rear ended in the first new car I ever bought. Had it a week A 1980 Chevy LUV. My head went thru the back window. The impact showed all the pop welds along the bed. Was told that damage was not repairable. I should have demanded more.
Sponsored