First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He just 100,000,000% comfirmed the embargo is October 5th. Not new to anyone but kind of funny to hear someone mention it officially.

But even the official “reviewers” get it wrong. Simple mistake but said XL if optioned rear window is power slide.

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
I'm happy I ordered an xl after watching this video. Best xl interior video so far. Love the seats and everything else. I was doubting my xl order but not anymore.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm happy I ordered an xl after watching this video. Best xl interior video so far. Love the seats and everything else. I was doubting my xl order but not anymore.
No need to doubt. History will prove us as geniuses! I can see it now, 2022 Mavs will be better than 64 1/2 2+2 Fastback Mustangs.

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another poster got a close up picture of the HVAC vents on the XL; they have a black chrome finish...very handsome; I had never seen that detail before.

The XL is understated yet handsome.

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to get under 22K before TTL. I'm going for hitch reciever, non carpeted floor mats and inverter plug thing (someone please explain to me why I want this btw.) Then even with a $140 plain bed mat after market, one can limbo under that bar.
One can be seduced by all the high end options and packages, but add 1/3rd higher cost very easily, I mean it's easy to go >30K, right?
Losing nanny controls like adaptive cruise and lane keep is like losing mother-in-law assist, no? I might get basic cruise control after market and tailgate theft deterrent. Definitely harbor freight ratchet straps.
Hermesillo is giving most of us lot's of time to unemotionally mull it over. Stay thirsty my friends.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
inverter plug thing (someone please explain to me why I want this btw.)
It comes out to about 3 Amps (400W/120V = ~3.3A). Now, where that's actually useful can be various things. I used an inverter for powering an XBox 360 connected to the VES in another vheicle when I drove for Lyft. You could have some screens on the back of the seats powered from the USB port and kids playing console games, or a small coffee pot (great for winters - especially if you do any assistance stuff), many modern TVs can run on low amperage (my HiSense 55" only pulls 0.8A), etc. A friend of mine uses one in his Tahoe to hook up a guitar amp to play for people on his farm, etc. It has a lot of potential uses really.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To me the xl is what a truck is meant to be (less is more). Only thing I wish is it had cruise control but I can deal without it.

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
22.3k for a hybrid with co pilot 360, sliding rear window and the backseat inverter. There are used cars with 40 thousand miles going for more than that. The XL was a no brainer. So cool to see videos of the interior, our trucks are going to be sweet!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Gmayaia

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
For some reason, I thought the truck had a push start button. No big deal, I have used the key for over 50 years. Cruise.....I don't use it nearly as often as I could, so again, no big deal. So far, the no big deals are really.....no big deals!

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For some reason, I thought the truck had a push start button. No big deal, I have used the key for over 50 years. Cruise.....I don't use it nearly as often as I could, so again, no big deal. So far, the no big deals are really.....no big deals!
Having push start on my current vehicle, I will be happy to return to the regular keyed ignition…..I have never gotten “used to’ push start.. Have never realized any advantage. I looking fwd. to the keypad on exterior! Not carrying my keys will be nice.!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can`t remember the last time I used cruise control. Traffic is so bad where I live it`s useless.
Same. Last time I used it was a few years ago when I worked second shift. Coming home at 12am no traffic on the highway so I would use it. During the day forget it, you couldn't use it with all the traffic.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can`t remember the last time I used cruise control. Traffic is so bad where I live it`s useless.
Same here. I also happen to live in one of the worst traffic areas in the country.

I saw so many posts complaining about lack of cruise being a deal killer for the XL I figured, "Maybe I'm using cruise wrong since so many people think it's a necessity." So I tried using it and was reminded in 5 minutes why I don't use it as I approached a car going slower than freeway traffic for no reason. Passed them and enabled it again and yep. Another person going slower than traffic as the lanes around me zip by. So I go into a faster lane and lo and behold that lane comes to a sudden stop. I can't even find steady traffic for 5 minutes of driving.

Los Angeles County hates cruise control. Adaptive would work better, but I'm only getting an XLT.
Sponsored