First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard that those that have a Maverick at their dealership waiting on the airbag recall to take delivery, those parts can now be ordered for unsold units with a sales contract. I attached the parts needing ordered. They can be ordered today.

22C20 Recall Parts.jpg
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find that information?
Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess damned if you do damned if you don’t. Leave trucks unsold or continue with current owners being unsafe.
It's sad how you think. The side airbags are only just below spec. Let's let those waiting get their trucks.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's sad how you think. The side airbags are only just below spec. Let's let those waiting get their trucks.
Sad? It’s dramatic how you think.

Sponsored

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey so I called my dealer yesterday to ask if they had ordered the part yet, and they informed me that they actually already got it and the parts guy was watching them work on it while he was talking to me. So i'm expecting the "come pick it up" call any time now!

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please read the previous threads on this recall. Calling them unsafe is an extreme overreaction. If that were the case, Ford and NHTSA would indicate as such by issuing guidance to park and not drive the vehicle.

An airbag that might give a small amount more than the high federal standard, a newer one at that, is not unsafe. It could give you a little more protection, so it will be replaced soon.

Under federal law, any vehicle with a recall on it is unable to be sold as new until said recall is remedied. Because why sell something that you already know is recalled, meaning it needs to be brought back for repairs?

Thus, the priorities are 1) keep building more Mavericks to meet demand, 2) replace airbags on Mavericks awaiting sale, 3) give that little bit of extra protection in a perfectly functional airbag to those already on the road.

As they should be.
Very well said.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealers are complaining they still can't get parts as there all back ordered. New super duty back ordered door for a new transit 4 month wait ect. It seems like all the parts are going to make new cars and no parts for people that bought one

Stack22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This makes sense. Dealers who can't deliver newly arrived vehicles can't book the revenue for them and they need to get those sales booked before year-end. I don't mind waiting so that the owners whose trucks are so near, yet so far away can finally enjoy their purchase.
Just did the recall in my sons maverick.waiting for part availability for mine.

Sponsored
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte, 1967-1/2 Datsun Roadster 2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard that those that have a Maverick at their dealership waiting on the airbag recall to take delivery, those parts can now be ordered for unsold units with a sales contract. I attached the parts needing ordered. They can be ordered today.

22C20 Recall Parts.jpg
My dealer order parts on November 17th. They just finished the repairs today and I will pick up on Black Friday! Just 460days from order.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford emailed that to our Service and Sales Managers I believe.
Any update on availability for those who already own and fall under the recall?
Thx

TheDukeInTexas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape, 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

22C20 Recall Parts.jpg
My dealer ordered these parts for my Maverick. Awaiting arrival. 8000 miles.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recall letter states that when parts are available Ford will send a letter notifying of same, at which time an appointment to repair can be made with dealer.
Sponsored