Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I have heard that those that have a Maverick at their dealership waiting on the airbag recall to take delivery, those parts can now be ordered for unsold units with a sales contract. I attached the parts needing ordered. They can be ordered today.

Ford Maverick Airbag recall parts now available for unsold Mavericks units with a sales contract 22C20 Recall Parts
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not for current owners?

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't believe so because if I'm not mistaken those can still be driven.
I guess damned if you do damned if you donā€™t. Leave trucks unsold or continue with current owners being unsafe.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This makes sense. Dealers who can't deliver newly arrived vehicles can't book the revenue for them and they need to get those sales booked before year-end. I don't mind waiting so that the owners whose trucks are so near, yet so far away can finally enjoy their purchase.

Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I guess the people that are out actually driving their unsafe Mavericks and could possibly get in an accident and get hurt because of the bad airbags aren't as important as the ones sitting at the lots not being driven and no chance of being in an accident makes perfect sense to me money talks and B.S. walks šŸ‘ŽšŸ¤” another one of Ford's fantastic ideas.

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this true?!? Wow what luck, Iā€™m one of those affected by this, and I was seriously considering buying another car because I thought it would be months

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard that those that have a Maverick at their dealership waiting on the airbag recall to take delivery, those parts can now be ordered for unsold units with a sales contract. I attached the parts needing ordered. They can be ordered today.

22C20 Recall Parts.jpg
Any idea how long it will take to arrive once ordered?

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hallelujah!!

I WILL FINALLY GET MY TRUCK!!!

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I guess the people that are out actually driving their unsafe Mavericks
Please read the previous threads on this recall. Calling them unsafe is an extreme overreaction. If that were the case, Ford and NHTSA would indicate as such by issuing guidance to park and not drive the vehicle.

An airbag that might give a small amount more than the high federal standard, a newer one at that, is not unsafe. It could give you a little more protection, so it will be replaced soon.

Under federal law, any vehicle with a recall on it is unable to be sold as new until said recall is remedied. Because why sell something that you already know is recalled, meaning it needs to be brought back for repairs?

Thus, the priorities are 1) keep building more Mavericks to meet demand, 2) replace airbags on Mavericks awaiting sale, 3) give that little bit of extra protection in a perfectly functional airbag to those already on the road.

As they should be.

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
buddy Iā€™ve been waiting since July 2021. Letā€™s not count the chickens just yet lol
Iā€™ve been waiting a few more weeks than you - Iā€™m counting!!!
šŸ”šŸ”šŸ”

Shawshi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MKX, 1980 F150, 2002 Firebird, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3 out of 4 vehicles I drive on a regular basis don't have side curtain air bags. The one that does(my Maverick) is probably the safest.
Just glad for those waiting on the replacement parts to get their Maverick. I will get mine replaced in a couple months, no worries

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I guess damned if you do damned if you donā€™t. Leave trucks unsold or continue with current owners being unsafe.
If I remember it isn't that they aren't deploying it is that they are not deploying to the correct size. I think they are off by a few millimeters. They aren't unsafe to drive.
Sponsored