Sponsored

Ford Door Molding - Good for Protecting Doors ?

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford website describes the Air Design Satin Black Door Molding as: "These Door Molding kits are sized to fit your Maverick and help provide protection against road debris."

Would the Door Molding also protect the Maverick's Door's against being HIT/DENTED by someone else's doors being opened against it ?

Thank You.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford website describes the Air Design Satin Black Door Molding as: "These Door Molding kits are sized to fit your Maverick and help provide protection against road debris."

Would the Door Molding also protect the Maverick's Door's against being HIT/DENTED by someone else's doors being opened against it ?

Thank You.
Checking back to see if anyone knows if those side molding things protect doors from getting dented/dinked by other cars doors. Thank You.

GlennTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2016 HD Heritage Classic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no link to any product.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s good for narrow parking and if is a sedan or cuv park next to you it works. Now if its a tesla sharp point corner door or larger trucks it won’t work it’s low. The material is hard plastic.

Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RidgyMav

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Checking back to see if anyone knows if those side molding things protect doors from getting dented/dinked by other cars doors. Thank You.
I would hold off on the factory moldings. Almost no protection from door dings. I contacted bodysidemoldings.com and they offer true protection. They are also painted to factory match your color! The only caveat is they wont be available for a month or two. The company said they need to get a Maverick in house to laser measure. These moldings mount higher on the door where the can offer true protection and match your color.(Hot pepper red in my case)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would hold off on the factory moldings. Almost no protection from door dings. I contacted bodysidemoldings.com and they offer true protection. They are also painted to factory match your color! The only caveat is they wont be available for a month or two. The company said they need to get a Maverick in house to laser measure. These moldings mount higher on the door where the can offer true protection and match your color.(Hot pepper red in my case)
Thank You for this info

WenzelR

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Boxster, Ford Escape
I have been waiting over two months for door moldings. I have contacted Ford Accessories and they tell me the order was placed and I was charged but moldings are not available and they do not know when they will be available. They will not cancel the order but said I need to wait till I receive them and return them to Ford for a credit. Think I need to file dispute with credit card company for product never delivered/received.
Sponsored