First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone with a non lux Maverick looked into something like this? I think its the only thing from the lux package I will miss. Seems like a fairly cheap addon if the aftermarket units lasts.

Yes but at 300.00 per seat I'm looking at a plug in electric blanket for my bride at less than $40.
Awd,xlt,tow,360 trifold tonneau,flaps, iconic silver

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes but at 300.00 per seat I'm looking at a plug in electric blanket for my bride at less than $40.
Awd,xlt,tow,360 trifold tonneau,flaps, iconic silver
For some reason the amazon link I posted is not showing up in the original post. the product I linked is $40 has two pads and is Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Element

www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-040-Universal-Seat-Heater/dp/B002U6IL9O

Also found this link where Jerryrig does an install. Seems simple enough.

Last edited:

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a kit but haven’t installed it before.
I’ve done these installs before and they are not hard
Only thing to worry about is if the seats have air bags in them. Not sure if the maverick does or not

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are heated steering wheel covers too.. ha

Sponsored

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a kit but haven’t installed it before.
I’ve done these installs before and they are not hard
Only thing to worry about is if the seats have air bags in them. Not sure if the maverick does or not
They do have airbags, just checked out copart.com for a few wrecks, and there are pics of deployed seat side airbags. How does that complicate things, besides just making sure you mess with the airbags?

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feels like this would void warranty..
how? Ford intentionally provided the Maverick with circuits that can be hooked up for electronic addons and mods. They even advertised this as a feature, this seat warmer is exactly what they provided for.

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how? Ford intentionally provided the Maverick with circuits that can be hooked up for electronic addons and mods. They even advertised this as a feature, this seat warmer is exactly what they provided for.
On a second thought, I think you right (I am wrong)

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They do have airbags, just checked out copart.com for a few wrecks, and there are pics of deployed seat side airbags. How does that complicate things, besides just making sure you mess with the airbags?
It doesn’t really. From what i’ve seen. The most complicated part of the process will be removing the cloth seat covers from your original Seats. Ive talked to local shops who have done Mav katzkin packages. Its a hog ring set up, so more time consuming than the one from that video (which ive watched before also).

As for warrenty, i’m not certain what warrenty is being referred to… if its the seat fabric warrenty, yes for certain you would void it. Air bag? In the event of an emergency, nothing you’re doing would prevent them from deploying unless you forget to reconnect the quick connect wiring when you put your seat back together. The bolts for the seats themselves are listed as one time use and would have to be replaced for that part of the warrenty… but honestly… the only warrenty issue that would ever come up is the seat fabric, which you void, and the electronic, which you’d have to do some research on. But since like you said, the truck was designed for 12v modifications, there must be a way to do it without affecting warrenty. Likely with proper fuse rating usage.

personally i decided against installing myself, and ordering it installed with a katzkin interrior package through the dealer my truck is ordered through. It costs me $700 canadian in labour, but since it can be done before i pick up my truck, while the paperwork is being done for my purchase from the dealer, it saves me quite a bit on the time side of things.

thats probably more information than you wanted lol but i’ve researched this extensively and thought i’d pass along my findings
Sponsored