Aftermarket Push to Start

S9963

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Jeep Cherokee, Hopefully a Maverick
Trim
XLT
So, after a lot of research, I think I have decided on an order for the XLT with the Lux package. The only thing I really want that it doesnt have is the Push to Start Button. All our current vehicles have that, and honestly I dont want to give it up.

Is there anyway to buy that hardware from Ford, or is it purely an aftermarket thing? I am looking into Easyguard, but the problem I see with the easyguard set up is it is push to start but the remotes they give you do not have the remote start, Or do I have to carry an extra key fob around in my pocket to make the push start work, and then carry the regular key fob to start the car?

Last question. I notice the push start on the Lariat is under the center Dash, how hard would it be to wire the push to start to that location, from the keys current location on the Steering column?

Thanks guys
Advertisement

Strobe

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW M3, 2015 BMW 335.
Trim
Lariat
So, after a lot of research, I think I have decided on an order for the XLT with the Lux package. The only thing I really want that it doesnt have is the Push to Start Button. All our current vehicles have that, and honestly I dont want to give it up.

Is there anyway to buy that hardware from Ford, or is it purely an aftermarket thing? I am looking into Easyguard, but the problem I see with the easyguard set up is it is push to start but the remotes they give you do not have the remote start, Or do I have to carry an extra key fob around in my pocket to make the push start work, and then carry the regular key fob to start the car?

Last question. I notice the push start on the Lariat is under the center Dash, how hard would it be to wire the push to start to that location, from the keys current location on the Steering column?

Thanks guys
If you want the push to start you will want to get the Lariat. You might get something to work like that Easyguard, but it will likely be less secure, often fail and need troubleshooting to fix. I wouldn't bother with it. The factory system usually has antennas to recognize when you are near the car to unlock the door when you hand goes to open the door and also prevent you from locking a fob in the car when you walk away. I think it would be a pain to retrofit. I've seen on BMW forums people taking apart door handles and interior panels all over cars retrofitting it.

I haven't had a car that required taking a key/fob out of my pocket in 10 years. I wasn't willing to go back to that which landed me on the Lariat. I like other features of the Lariat (minus the seats), but it was the only way I'd actually enjoy the truck personally.

wjg

XL
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Fiesta
Trim
XL

Thanks guys
Through ford accessories for maverick you can put remote start on an XL or XLT
Screenshot_20211014-093511.jpg

You will need to add security system also but doable if that's what you want.

The Weatherman

Lariat
First Name
Dean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Trim
Lariat

Thanks guys
Ford Pass will give you remote start from your phone So the fob may not be an issue.

altomav

XLT
First Name
Keven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
If you want the push to start you will want to get the Lariat. You might get something to work like that Easyguard, but it will likely be less secure, often fail and need troubleshooting to fix. I wouldn't bother with it. The factory system usually has antennas to recognize when you are near the car to unlock the door when you hand goes to open the door and also prevent you from locking a fob in the car when you walk away. I think it would be a pain to retrofit. I've seen on BMW forums people taking apart door handles and interior panels all over cars retrofitting it.

I haven't had a car that required taking a key/fob out of my pocket in 10 years. I wasn't willing to go back to that which landed me on the Lariat. I like other features of the Lariat (minus the seats), but it was the only way I'd actually enjoy the truck personally.
Agree. If you want the push start. Get the Lariat. If the XLT options outweigh the push button, then stay with the XLT.

Fotomoto

Lariat
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Trim
Lariat
Been keyless since 2009. You won’t be happy (long term) with an “affordable” aftermarket solution (see reviews) while the top end designs (with labor installation) would cost nearly as much as the Lariat .

Remote start is not push-to-start nor will you get the just as important/crucial “hands free” doors.

We opted for the Lariat edition specifically because of the this.

OP
OP

S9963

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Jeep Cherokee, Hopefully a Maverick
Trim
XLT
Thank you guys for your replies! After relooking at the #'s it seems that a Lariat is in my future over the XLT Lux package!

Advertisement

Advertisement