First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am planning on doing a 2 inch lift and maybe 30" tires when I get the Maverick, as well as tint and lug nuts. I would do a low profile steel bumper too if anyone will offer it, as long as it looked like it fit the Mav.

And, I mean, a long travel kit for the Mav would be pretty cool too, but that's way too optimistic I imagine...
Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the "My Kid is an honor student" bumper sticker and the stick figure family decals count? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......kidding aside, I probably won't do much. Probably just some vinyl graphics at first. And the cab spoiler. That's growing on me. Plus some weather-tech floor mats once they are available.

Last edited:

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be getting a 2.0 Ecoboost AWD Maverick (probably with the 4K tow package) and want to do a few things to it. IMO 250 hp and 277 ft/lbs is excellent but I'm thinking about maybe a tune and open filter intake to get it to around 300 hp / 340 ft/lbs would be even better. Other than that, I'd love to lower it about 2 inches. I really don't need 8 inches of ground clearance, I'm used to driving cars with 4- 5 inches of ground clearance and then lowering them 1.5- 2 inches. Other than that I'm starting to look into wheels as well. I think it's going to be a fun little pickup. What are y'all planning to do with your Maverick?
As my Maverick is my daily, and I’m at a place where I like a quiet ride now, I’ll get the front windows tinted to match the back and get some fancy all weather floor mats to protect the carpet since I plan on keeping my Maverick till it dies. I’d be happy to get 15-20 years out of this truck!

Next, I’ll end up adding an amp, replacing the speakers, and adding some sound deadener because a nice stereo makes me happy, and road noise and rattles don’t.

Since my toy vehicle is a sportbike, and my reason for buying the Maverick is to tow the bike to different road courses around Oh/Pa/Wv, I’ll look at mods that make it a more reliable tow vehicle. An upgraded intercooler, intake, cutback exhaust, and down pipe are all in the picture later down the road.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1. Decide on which method is the best to make steelies black.
2. Look to see if any protection is needed underneath.
2. Build DIY truckbed drawer system
3. Look at which companies step up for aftermarket bed rail system. Then Purchase.
4. Take measurements to determine type of roof top tent will fit Maverick. Purchase.
5. Pack and head to the trails!!

Powdercoating the steelies is a great option

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Ill move it to last on my list and head up through the forest rds of TN and Ky (Daniel Boone Forest and Red River Gorge) to Ohio and camp along the way!
I’ve had a couple magazines, and a pocket knife blade treated to test the durability of it and have been very happy. I literally can take a key, and try to scratch it, and it just doesn’t. The only way I’ve had it come off is when I sharpened my knife after treatment. It would be IDEAL for those wanting a matte black finish on their steelies. You would need to remove the tires and valve stems and everything from them, then ship the rims to H&M for treatment though. Most people couldn’t do that. Hopefully you can!

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the "And the cab spoiler. That's growing on me."
I thought I was the only one. People were so quick to trash everything they saw from the Dallas dealer conference. I personally think the rear cab spoiler gives it a real sporty look.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I was the only one. People were so quick to trash everything they saw from the Dallas dealer conference. I personally think the rear cab spoiler gives it a real sporty look.
I almost didn't give it a second look once I heard "stick on".....but once I got past that, I like it.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had a couple magazines, and a pocket knife blade treated to test the durability of it and have been very happy. I literally can take a key, and try to scratch it, and it just doesn’t. The only way I’ve had it come off is when I sharpened my knife after treatment. It would be IDEAL for those wanting a matte black finish on their steelies. You would need to remove the tires and valve stems and everything from them, then ship the rims to H&M for treatment though. Most people couldn’t do that. Hopefully you can!
No worries here. I have lived in the South most of my life My Maverick on blocks in the driveway/yard will be no problem at all for a couple of weeks

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the Lariat Lux package just so I wouldn't have to do much, but definitely doing some inexpensive things such as:

Window tint
Hood and window wind deflectors
All weather mats
Tailgate dampener
Tailgate letter inserts (need this to help me differentiate my Area 51 from the others)

And depending what's in my budget, I'm considering:

Professionally installed clear bra wrap for the hood, front bumper and fenders, and door handle cups.
Rear cab spoiler
LED bed lighting
Tailgate letter inserts YES!!! I put those on my 2002 GT mustang loved them. Hope someone makes them.

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
what
I'm going with hi-viz like they use on first responder vehicles. The color I'll probably use is what I put on my Harley. It looks dark gray/black until light hits it then it's a brilliant white!
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
what is the company

Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As my Maverick is my daily, and I’m at a place where I like a quiet ride now, I’ll get the front windows tinted to match the back and get some fancy all weather floor mats to protect the carpet since I plan on keeping my Maverick till it dies. I’d be happy to get 15-20 years out of this truck!

Next, I’ll end up adding an amp, replacing the speakers, and adding some sound deadener because a nice stereo makes me happy, and road noise and rattles don’t.

Since my toy vehicle is a sportbike, and my reason for buying the Maverick is to tow the bike to different road courses around Oh/Pa/Wv, I’ll look at mods that make it a more reliable tow vehicle. An upgraded intercooler, intake, cutback exhaust, and down pipe are all in the picture later down the road.
Please explain to me more about this "sound deadener". I'm intrigued. Is it something an average person can install easily?

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please explain to me more about this "sound deadener". I'm intrigued. Is it something an average person can install easily?
Dynamat is the "name brand" https://www.dynamat.com/applications-industries/automotive-and-transportation/. There are literally thousands of alternatives, coming in several different forms. Anything that adds mass to the panels will generally "deaden" outside sound; there is no magic to it. It works, did it (myself) on two different cars when I was really into car audio - not worth the cost or effort to me now. If you're fairly handy it isn't difficult, by far the biggest issue is removing and putting back on all the panels.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“Dynamat” is the big name, but there are others. Yep, easy install. It has an adhesive back. Peel the plastic and stick it on, then use a roller to make sure it’s adhered properly.
When I installed speakers in my escape, I pulled the door panel and vapor barrier. Installed dynomat on both the outer skin and the inner skin, among other areas. Lowers road noise and gave the doors a nice solid sound when you closed them. If you knocked on the door, instead of a hollow tin sound, you got a nice THUD.
In my Maverick, I’ll aim to do the doors, the C pillars, and the back of the cab. If you wanna pull seats and the headliner, the floor and roof would be good to do also.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what

what is the company
Zook Performance & Restoration LLC on Facebook or @zookperformance on Instagram. Just tell him "graybush" sent you.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm probably just going to get the stuff I cut from my order in an effort to avoid constraints. Nice floormats, bed cover and liner, that sort of thing.
Yeah me, too. I've done wheels, lowering springs/suspension, and cosmetic mods to my Mustang GT, but I doubt I'll be as motivated for that kind of stuff on this vehicle.
Sponsored