2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you provide any details on this?
Nothing in particular as of right now but I imagine any of the current companies making them for other models will eventually produce them for this truck. I just did a Google search for "tailgate letter inserts". I've watched an inordinate amount of YouTube videos of folks installing them on their F-150s, Tacomas, etc... The satisfaction on their faces is enjoyable. I wish that was me.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd be interested to see what kayak rack you come up with. I don't really want to drill in the bed rails to mount the one I have. Also not looking to spend $500 on it.
I saw one video where the 4x2 and 6x4 drop in had receivers so they could be anchored to the bed without drilling, I'm hoping this could make a solid base for an elevated Thule style Kayak rack. I have 2 small 10' 6" kayaks that I would normally drop on rooftop "J" racks, it would be nice to figure out something similar to the Thule system.

Reactions: Ajm

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you provide any details on this?
I'm going with hi-viz like they use on first responder vehicles. The color I'll probably use is what I put on my Harley. It looks dark gray/black until light hits it then it's a brilliant white!
Update: I've order the polished stainless steel Maverick tailgate letters from Ford. Once I have them I'll be shipping them to my buddy so he can use them as a template to make correct size letters in hi-viz or regular vinyl. He can obtain a lot of different colors and if anyone is interested just PM for his info.
Ford Maverick Your Maverick aftermarket plans Vinyls (2)
Ford Maverick Your Maverick aftermarket plans Vinyls (3)

Last edited:

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Mine is daily driver, so for me it’s anything that makes my life easier..convenience....and the truck last longer
tint the windows
heavy duty floor mats for wet/snow
bed mat
really good wax
a better cell holder
rainx the windows or some other product
when tires need replace pick something more low profile...it’s a city truck.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going with hi-viz like they use on first responder vehicles. The color I'll probably use is what I put on my Harley. It looks dark gray/black until light hits it then it's a brilliant white!
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
That looks awesome. They make tailgate lettering like that too? reflective? I think that would be the way to go for the Maverick stamped lettering on the Area 51 paint. Black during the day and reflective at night.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Decide on which method is the best to make steelies black.
2. Look to see if any protection is needed underneath.
2. Build DIY truckbed drawer system
3. Look at which companies step up for aftermarket bed rail system. Then Purchase.
4. Take measurements to determine type of roof top tent will fit Maverick. Purchase.
5. Pack and head to the trails!!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks awesome. They make tailgate lettering like that too? reflective? I think that would be the way to go for the Maverick stamped lettering on the Area 51 paint. Black during the day and reflective at night.
Yes, I have a buddy who does the work. He'll be doing my Maverick once I get it. Stupid me forgot to take measurements of the lettering on the tailgate when I had the chance when the Trainer Maverick was in town! Otherwise I'd already have the lettering in hand waiting on my Mav!

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm probably just going to get the stuff I cut from my order in an effort to avoid constraints. Nice floormats, bed cover and liner, that sort of thing.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
Thanks for the info and pics! Looks awesome! I'm definitely going to look into this!

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, I'd also like to look for a topper, but we'll see. Definitely not in the market for those +3k ones.

Reactions: Ajm

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Decide on which method is the best to make steelies black.
If the time and desire are there, having the rims black nitride treated would be “best”. It’s the same coating as on modern Smith & Wesson forearms. They won’t rust, and it won’t flake or chip off like powder coat. H&M metal processing in Ohio is where to have it done.

http://blacknitride.com/

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Things under consideration

1. Pull out bed platform. So when you want to load/unload you pull this platform out, load it up and push it back in. no climbing up over the rail or climbing in the bed to get to stuff way at the back. Granted it is a smaller bed, and it is lower to the ground. So possibly this isn't necessary vs having one i my F150.

2. Westin heavy duty Grill Guard or as i call it 'Deer Armor' assuming Westin makes one for the Mav.

3. Possible 4-6 inch lift depending on how i feel about riding approx 10 inches lower than I ride now in my F150. I'll have to drive it a bit and see if this would be worth the expense.

4. I do like that tailgate 'stick on' black cover that they've been showing off. Might pick that up.
I think that trying to live a Maverick that much is probably futile. It's unibody, so it's a good bit trickier to lift. The Bronco Sport currently has a small life (2 in I think) and people have reported a number of issues with the one that was initially most popular. There is a pretty well thought of lift for the Toyota Sienna that is 3 or 3.5 in on a modern unibody vehicle, but I'm not sure of any that are reasonably inexpensive/well thought of that are approaching 6 inches.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the time and desire are there, having the rims black nitride treated would be “best”. It’s the same coating as on modern Smith & Wesson forearms. They won’t rust, and it won’t flake or chip off like powder coat. H&M metal processing in Ohio is where to have it done.

http://blacknitride.com/
Thanks. Ill move it to last on my list and head up through the forest rds of TN and Ky (Daniel Boone Forest and Red River Gorge) to Ohio and camp along the way!
Sponsored

Last edited: