First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One year ago today I drove home my new 2022 Alto Blue Maverick EB and I love it more today after 17,314 miles than the day I drove it home.

Here are some highlights from my experience as an ordinary, non-technical driver.

Fuel Economy: Over those 17,314 miles the average MPG is 29.3. Approximately 10,000 of those miles occurred in 2 cross country road trips where it averaged around 32 MPG over all kinds of terrain and fully loaded with camping gear, with well over 400 miles and often close to 500 miles between fuel stops. The remaining miles were mainly within the city of Phoenix with a mix of some freeway and local streets. Fuel economy is way better than I expected, better even than my previous 2018 Escape.

Comfort: The Maverick has the most comfortable ride of any vehicle I have ever owned (no caddies in my past) and at my age that means a lot. Seat comfort, adaptive cruise, and lane-keeping assist all contribute to being able to drive long distances without fatigue. Needing only a light touch on the steering wheel and having freedom in foot positioning makes a huge difference for me. Having a multi-functional vehicle that is this comfortable to drive is a big deal for me. Plus, once you gain confidence in the lane-keeping ability, you can do a little more sightseeing while driving. ;) Unless time is a factor, we will drive anywhere in the country rather than fly. We live in an amazing country an there is so much to see from the road that is missed from 30,000 feet.

Looks: The Maverick is such a sharp looking vehicle and I love the Alto Blue, which can look dark, almost black under certain lighting conditions. I still can be seen with a slight smile as I walk back to it in the parking lot, even after a year of ownership.

Drivability: For my purposes the motor has plenty of giddyup when needed. Smooth ride on the freeway and no noticeable shudder when passing large trucks. Passing other vehicles on a two-lane is a non-issue. It handles mountain roads with ease. I had one situation where, on a wet road I had to stop suddenly, the ABS system worked flawlessly, preventing a fender bender.

Sound system: I am not an audiophile, but to my ears the BO sound system is great. We have a decent sound system in the house but the Mav is noticeably better with certain music, especially the deeper bass sounds. I'm mainly a country music guy and Walker Hayes "Fancy Like" can't be properly reproduced in the house or on any other devices; so far only in the Mav.

The only modification I've made is to add the Truxedo soft rollup Tonneau cover. And I have not done any towing yet so I can't speak to that although that is the main reason I went the the 2.0 EB with the tow package. A lightweight travel trailer is still on the horizon.

The only thing I might complain about is that it could be a little quieter in terms of road noise. Still, it's quieter than my previous 2018 Escape so this isn't much of a complaint.

The only add-on that I probably wouldn't have gotten is the moonroof. I added it because my wife thought it would be nice but still have yet to find a good reason for it.

All in all, after one year of ownership, I couldn't be happier with my Maverick. Such a smooth riding vehicle. I still love seeing it in my garage. I love keeping it shined up. (Pro tip: No soap. I once saw a bright shiny red Chevy Equinox at a rest stop in NC. It was a couple of years old so I ask the owner how he kept it so pretty. His answer: No soap. So I now hand wash with no soap, 2 buckets sometimes 3. Keeps the detailed finish shiny longer)

I recently responded to a Ford survey request on the Maverick and one of the questions was what did I like least. I couldn't think of a thing.
Ford Maverick After one year of ownership ... love it more today after 17K miles mav

Ford Maverick After one year of ownership ... love it more today after 17K miles IMG_20200704_114728[1]

Ford Maverick After one year of ownership ... love it more today after 17K miles IMG_20200704_114728[1]
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's awesome. Sounds like you've had some good road trips, fun, etc. Your truck looks great, I have one just like it but i didn't order the sunroof.

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice right up! The ribs look good too! Had those last night my self!

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We picked my wife’s hybrid up in October. She’s loving it!! We just got compliments on it from strangers in the last 2 days for the first time. We’re in SoCal where most people are too afraid to talk to strangers and I think people are becoming more aware of Maverick’s existence so their curiosity is getting of them. I like it too whenever I get to drive it but my 21 Ranger is far more comfortable. The Maverick is way comfortable too so don’t get me wrong..

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

OP
OP
Skeeziks

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

RJames

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT, CHEVY S-10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One year ago today I drove home my new 2022 Alto Blue Maverick EB and I love it more today after 17,314 miles than the day I drove it home.

Here are some highlights from my experience as an ordinary, non-technical driver.

Fuel Economy: Over those 17,314 miles the average MPG is 29.3. Approximately 10,000 of those miles occurred in 2 cross country road trips where it averaged around 32 MPG over all kinds of terrain and fully loaded with camping gear, with well over 400 miles and often close to 500 miles between fuel stops. The remaining miles were mainly within the city of Phoenix with a mix of some freeway and local streets. Fuel economy is way better than I expected, better even than my previous 2018 Escape.

Comfort: The Maverick has the most comfortable ride of any vehicle I have ever owned (no caddies in my past) and at my age that means a lot. Seat comfort, adaptive cruise, and lane-keeping assist all contribute to being able to drive long distances without fatigue. Needing only a light touch on the steering wheel and having freedom in foot positioning makes a huge difference for me. Having a multi-functional vehicle that is this comfortable to drive is a big deal for me. Plus, once you gain confidence in the lane-keeping ability, you can do a little more sightseeing while driving. ;) Unless time is a factor, we will drive anywhere in the country rather than fly. We live in an amazing country an there is so much to see from the road that is missed from 30,000 feet.

Looks: The Maverick is such a sharp looking vehicle and I love the Alto Blue, which can look dark, almost black under certain lighting conditions. I still can be seen with a slight smile as I walk back to it in the parking lot, even after a year of ownership.

Drivability: For my purposes the motor has plenty of giddyup when needed. Smooth ride on the freeway and no noticeable shudder when passing large trucks. Passing other vehicles on a two-lane is a non-issue. It handles mountain roads with ease. I had one situation where, on a wet road I had to stop suddenly, the ABS system worked flawlessly, preventing a fender bender.

Sound system: I am not an audiophile, but to my ears the BO sound system is great. We have a decent sound system in the house but the Mav is noticeably better with certain music, especially the deeper bass sounds. I'm mainly a country music guy and Walker Hayes "Fancy Like" can't be properly reproduced in the house or on any other devices; so far only in the Mav.

The only modification I've made is to add the Truxedo soft rollup Tonneau cover. And I have not done any towing yet so I can't speak to that although that is the main reason I went the the 2.0 EB with the tow package. A lightweight travel trailer is still on the horizon.

The only thing I might complain about is that it could be a little quieter in terms of road noise. Still, it's quieter than my previous 2018 Escape so this isn't much of a complaint.

The only add-on that I probably wouldn't have gotten is the moonroof. I added it because my wife thought it would be nice but still have yet to find a good reason for it.

All in all, after one year of ownership, I couldn't be happier with my Maverick. Such a smooth riding vehicle. I still love seeing it in my garage. I love keeping it shined up. (Pro tip: No soap. I once saw a bright shiny red Chevy Equinox at a rest stop in NC. It was a couple of years old so I ask the owner how he kept it so pretty. His answer: No soap. So I now hand wash with no soap, 2 buckets sometimes 3. Keeps the detailed finish shiny longer)

I recently responded to a Ford survey request on the Maverick and one of the questions was what did I like least. I couldn't think of a thing.
mav.jpg

IMG_20200704_114728[1].jpg
Beautiful truck. Congrats!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
. . .
mav.jpg

CONGRATS on a full year! We'll be at that point, with our Maverick Hybrid XLT, on St. Patrick's Day. ☘

We love ours, too! We still frequently say out loud how good it feels to have our Maverick. The only thing I would change is how long it's taking to get our new exhaust system, since there's an issue with ours. It can still be driven, but the gas mileage (which was often in the 50's!) is now running mostly in the 30's. It'll be nice to have it in tiptop condition again.

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a great write up that I’m extremely happy to read. We picked up our alto blue Lariat FX4 and have put a little over 500 miles on it since. It’s been great and we are really enjoying it. Traded off my Kodiak Bronco Sport for it and really made the right choice. Still learning about all of the fantastic features, every day something new. Next year this time I’m sure we will be able to write a similar review, we’re enjoying the ride for sure

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

mav.jpg

Ford should give you a Gold Medal for this review. You hit the nail on the head! The Maverick is the best "Bang for the buck " out there. no vehicle is perfect. My Mav will be 1 year old on 3/9/23, it's a Hybrid with less then 4,000 miles on it. by the way, what time is dinner? looking at your grill is making me hungry!

Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the same color Keith. XLT version but still nice!

You should post videos I will sub! Owners like you and I know more than the reviewers who get a loaner for a couple of days. After a year of ownership I still learn something new. My channel has over 100 Mav only videos. And I don't force you to stare at me most of the time. Congrats!

Rickrollin'

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mav.jpg
I have the sunroof also. When it's in the up/vent position, and you open the power sliding rear window about an inch or two, it provides some awesome fresh air flow, especially in rainy weather. Which is much appreciated by myself living in the PNW ☔

RocketJockey83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius c
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice write up. Mine will be a year old in May. 7.5k mile hybrid Lariat and I LOVE it! I do like the moon roof and as far as road noise, I went from a prius c to the Maverick. Prius was a good little car but it could get LOUD especially on a long uphill. I believe this is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. I'm averaging over 45mpg and couldn't be happier with it!

Jdub

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my XL Hybrid on Feb 18, 2022, so I am also at a year. During that year I have put 15k on my truck and loved every second of it. One trip to Florida, Six to Northeast Arkansas, and several to the Chicago area from Indianapolis. Averaging 40.5 miles per gallon by the computer. I have kept track and used 281 gallons in the year.

I have to agree with everything you stated about your truck, except I love the moonroof. It is open every chance I get.

I also filled out the one year survey and had no negatives.

I feel lucky that I only had to wait 7.5 months. But then, I was an early adopter.

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided

mav.jpg

Is this vehicle simply FWD ? Mine is AWD with 4k tow and FX4 and gets just barely over 24 mpg.
Sponsored