Sponsored

After 520 Days of Waiting, Elder Ford Purposely Sold My Hybrid To Someone Else

xncrman

Advice to everyone waiting for their order and for those thinking they will place an order in the future. Assume ALL dealership are not honest and will sell you order. Be prepared to purchase the vehicle within an hour of the vehicle delivered to the dealership. Keep track of your order via emails from Ford and calling Ford Customer Service line. DO NOT rely on the dealership to keep you informed. Have your vehicle finance ready from Credit Union or Bank ahead of the delivery date. Have a check in hand for down payment or trade-in for a Fast Purchase. If you do not have a deposit on the order with the dealership you are at more risk to loosing your order to the higher bidder. In conclusion, keep track of your order with Ford not the dealership, be prepared to drop everything to pickup your vehicle the minute it arrives, move fast before the dealership changes things. And if there is a problem report it to Ford Customer Service. Your report will be looked at against their claim you refused the vehicle and their future allocations may suffer... Good Luck to all. I waited 480 days and was lucky to have a good dealership, but I was prepared.... :cool:
Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why I went ahead and bought one locally from a private seller. We agreed to a very reasonable price that worked for both parties. It wasn’t the exact truck I ordered but it was damn close. Like the OP my dealer has never communicated with me on anything. Never an email, call, etc that I did not initiate and every time they act like I’m some whiny baby who has reached out four times over 6 months. I don’t trust them and I didn’t want to be dependent upon them. If everything goes smoothly I still may buy my truck if it ever arrives, just might sell one of my two mavericks at that time to a friend in need (I have a list of three who are interested). These dealerships are poison.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You CANNOT buy a vehicle from Ford.com; you have to buy a vehicle from a franchised dealership. All an inquiry at Ford.com does is send a lead to a franchised dealership. Then you have to buy from the dealership. The dealership is feeding you lies and BS about buying fro Ford.com.

Futureowner?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Matrix XR, 2005 Prius.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about the long post but I need to vent. I'm very disappointed and slightly heartbroken after waiting 520 days for my HPR Hybrid.
Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future, or at least steer them away from this shady-ass dealer in Tampa, FL.
The dealer's name is Elder Ford and I strongly recommend avoiding them if at all possible.

• Ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid back in late October 2021. They never placed the order until I called them almost a week later. Dealt with all the delays for well over a year, got rolled to a 2023 model, and finally was lucky enough to get built in January of this year. During this entire process, I received 0 updates from the dealer unless I called in to check on stuff. They always made it seem like it was an inconvenience to help and look up any information about my order. Lucky for me, I knew better than to rely on them so I kept up with the progress through the ford vehicle tracker.
  • I got a call from the dealership on the day they claimed the Maverick arrived at their dealership, and in the same conversation, I asked the salesman to take possession of the truck exactly the way it comes off the truck (I had my own plans to customize the truck exactly the way I envisioned it - custom color spray-in bedliner). I wanted to pick up the truck 3 days later on the weekend since I no longer live in the Tampa area and it takes me about 3 and a half hours to get to Tampa. I work M-F so there's no way I could have made it to the dealer during the week before they close.

• The salesman told me this was not possible and even though the truck had just arrived 15 minutes ago, the windows were already being tinted and the regular spray-in bedliner was already added (lies....). The same goes for the floor mats, nitrogen tires, wheel locks, and a few other BS items that jacked up the order $1,500.
  • Feeling like I had no other option, I agreed to take the truck with the additional accessories because hey, I've been waiting on the truck for a year and 5 months, things could be worse and I could still be waiting right?! I told them the next weekend I had any time available was Saturday, April 1st and they said picking up the truck that day would be no problem! (they only said this because they knew the truck would be theirs at this point so they could sell it to someone else for more money by that time).
  • I let them know I wanted to complete as much paperwork and get everything lined up before I made the drive over there, to help speed up the process once I got to the dealership. I told them I had a vehicle I would be trading in, as long as they could match or come close to Carvana's offer. LOL, they were $8,000 less than Carvana and said they couldn't touch that price. No problem, I was happy with the offer from Carvana so I was going to sell it to them.
  • Well after 7 days of struggling to get a buyers order sent over so I could get financing through my credit union, I got a call from the RUDE General Sales Manager named Nacer letting me know that since it has been longer than 7 days since the dealer received the Maverick, they no longer had to hold it for me and they were going to sell it for more money to someone else.

• They claim they sold the vehicle to someone else the same day I received that call, less than 3 hours later... The vehicle that was ordered in my name, the one that arrived at the dealer in my name, the one that I had been waiting a year and 5 months for.

• The only reason that the truck was at their dealership was that I ordered it through ford.com...
  • When I called the Assistant GM trying to figure out what happened, he basically spewed a bunch of BS trying to make me feel sorry for him and saying that not everyone at the dealership is shady.
    He said that Nacer did not want to sell me the vehicle that I ordered from ford.com because he did not feel that I would leave a 5-star review for the dealership, and because they could make a lot more money selling it to someone else with their aftermarket adjustments.

• I had already assured them that I would leave a 5-star review because I wanted the vehicle so bad. That didn't matter to them and they went ahead and sold it to someone else regardless of our agreement of me picking it up on April 1.

I will never do business with any Elder Automotive dealership again, nor will I ever order or purchase another Ford vehicle. This dealership is absolutely shameless and the ONLY thing they care about is stuffing as much money in their pockets as possible.

I can't even describe how disappointed I am with this entire experience with everyone at Elder Ford.
I am sorry about your bad experience with Elder Ford. I checked the BBB rating for the dealership and it is B+. Not great but not terrible either.

Be sure to check BBB when deciding where to buy a car. Try to use one that is A or A+.

You could also file a complaint with the Florida consumer protection agency.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Contact-Us/File-a-Complaint

But I don't know if they will help you in DeSantis' Florida.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bruce8858

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In Florida the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) Bureau of Dealer Services regulates automobile dealerships.
They are the ones to contact with complaints. The attorney general’s office could also help. If you kept records of your calls and have paperwork to prove your claim I would at least try to file a complaint.
Just my .02.

Lord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2011 ford ranger 2.3 xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry about the long post but I need to vent. I'm very disappointed and slightly heartbroken after waiting 520 days for my HPR Hybrid.
Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future, or at least steer them away from this shady-ass dealer in Tampa, FL.
The dealer's name is Elder Ford and I strongly recommend avoiding them if at all possible.

• Ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid back in late October 2021. They never placed the order until I called them almost a week later. Dealt with all the delays for well over a year, got rolled to a 2023 model, and finally was lucky enough to get built in January of this year. During this entire process, I received 0 updates from the dealer unless I called in to check on stuff. They always made it seem like it was an inconvenience to help and look up any information about my order. Lucky for me, I knew better than to rely on them so I kept up with the progress through the ford vehicle tracker.
  • I got a call from the dealership on the day they claimed the Maverick arrived at their dealership, and in the same conversation, I asked the salesman to take possession of the truck exactly the way it comes off the truck (I had my own plans to customize the truck exactly the way I envisioned it - custom color spray-in bedliner). I wanted to pick up the truck 3 days later on the weekend since I no longer live in the Tampa area and it takes me about 3 and a half hours to get to Tampa. I work M-F so there's no way I could have made it to the dealer during the week before they close.

• The salesman told me this was not possible and even though the truck had just arrived 15 minutes ago, the windows were already being tinted and the regular spray-in bedliner was already added (lies....). The same goes for the floor mats, nitrogen tires, wheel locks, and a few other BS items that jacked up the order $1,500.
  • Feeling like I had no other option, I agreed to take the truck with the additional accessories because hey, I've been waiting on the truck for a year and 5 months, things could be worse and I could still be waiting right?! I told them the next weekend I had any time available was Saturday, April 1st and they said picking up the truck that day would be no problem! (they only said this because they knew the truck would be theirs at this point so they could sell it to someone else for more money by that time).
  • I let them know I wanted to complete as much paperwork and get everything lined up before I made the drive over there, to help speed up the process once I got to the dealership. I told them I had a vehicle I would be trading in, as long as they could match or come close to Carvana's offer. LOL, they were $8,000 less than Carvana and said they couldn't touch that price. No problem, I was happy with the offer from Carvana so I was going to sell it to them.
  • Well after 7 days of struggling to get a buyers order sent over so I could get financing through my credit union, I got a call from the RUDE General Sales Manager named Nacer letting me know that since it has been longer than 7 days since the dealer received the Maverick, they no longer had to hold it for me and they were going to sell it for more money to someone else.

• They claim they sold the vehicle to someone else the same day I received that call, less than 3 hours later... The vehicle that was ordered in my name, the one that arrived at the dealer in my name, the one that I had been waiting a year and 5 months for.

• The only reason that the truck was at their dealership was that I ordered it through ford.com...
  • When I called the Assistant GM trying to figure out what happened, he basically spewed a bunch of BS trying to make me feel sorry for him and saying that not everyone at the dealership is shady.
    He said that Nacer did not want to sell me the vehicle that I ordered from ford.com because he did not feel that I would leave a 5-star review for the dealership, and because they could make a lot more money selling it to someone else with their aftermarket adjustments.

• I had already assured them that I would leave a 5-star review because I wanted the vehicle so bad. That didn't matter to them and they went ahead and sold it to someone else regardless of our agreement of me picking it up on April 1.

I will never do business with any Elder Automotive dealership again, nor will I ever order or purchase another Ford vehicle. This dealership is absolutely shameless and the ONLY thing they care about is stuffing as much money in their pockets as possible.

I can't even describe how disappointed I am with this entire experience with everyone at Elder Ford.
This should be reported to Ford. Not only did they screw.
you out of your truck, but also your $2750.00 rebate.

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Fx4 w/4k tow in Carbonized Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You need to report them to the better business bureau. People still use the BBB to find reputable businesses. Also, they will have to answer your claim publicly.

fender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry this happened to you. I just took delivery of my Maverick Hybrid and was concerned about this happening to me. When I was finishing up paperwork, the salesman told me "we hope customers dont pick up the phone when their order is delivered because then we can mark it up $10k and sell it. Ford's policy is to hold vehicles for 30 days but we only do 72 hours and we only have to show we called the customer once". They do anything they can to get customers to miss or cancel their orders. Moral of the story, dealers dont care about customers and Ford needs to step up and take care of these dealers.

Kulture

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This should be reported to Ford. Not only did they screw.
you out of your truck, but also your $2750.00 rebate.
I wish I would of seen this post earlier. I had the same issue with Elder Ford with my Ecoboost Maverick last year. They ended up taking my 2022 Toyota hybrid Avalon that I sold to them CASH and making it a trade-in even. Their tactics of making a sale is very disgusting and I am kind of on the fence of purchasing the new Tacoma when it is release because I’m am totally disappointed in how Ford Motor Company been handling the dealers.
Sponsored