First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered the exact same truck 9/11/2021 i repeat 2021. in production just this week!
It's insane how many discrepancies and differences there are between orders!
Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
I am hoping and praying that everyone here receives his or her order soon, because this truck is incredible!

My order was one of the very lucky ones - placed on 9/17/22, built/shipped 12/5, delivered and driven home on 1/6/23.

Say Hello to Reginald aka Reggie:

IMG_20230108_112340746.jpg

IMG_20230111_133059820.jpg

IMG_20230111_132849500.jpg

IMG_20230111_132752836.jpg

Here are my initial impressions:

1. I love the exterior appearance. Alto Blue looks great on XLT! Blue in the sun, black in the shade :cool:

2. The drive/ride is smooth and it takes turns well. The Sport Mode is awesome - feels very powerful compared to my CR-V. It feels a little stiffer over bumps and more truck-like than the CR-V. I thought I'd have to accept that hybrids aren't as zippy or fun to drive, but Sport Mode proved me wrong!

3. It's easy to get 50+ mpg on this truck. Use the EV coach to maximize efficiency; I've had short trips over 80mpg and some that were entirely electric. Eco mode and slippery mode are great for this.

4. You'll notice places where it's apparent that Ford was trying to cut costs to keep this truck inexpensive. Steering wheel feels basic, interior panels are basic, I needed to add a lumbar pillow for back support, the engine bay has some hasty electrical-tape jobs, etc. I feel like I got my money's worth, and I am glad I did not get a higher & more expensive trim level.

5. There are little things that make it feel more like a truck - the satisfying clunk that the door makes when shutting, the horn is loud, the seat is a little higher up than my previous vehicle, etc. The storage is well-thought-out, I really like the rear under-seat.

6. The headlights are very bright and spread nicely, I can see so well using just the low beams. I researched the hell out of fog lights and I really can't justify them now.

Reggie Out.
Reggie!! What a fantastic name! congrats!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Reggie!! What a fantastic name! congrats!
Ha, was thinking the same thing. Fitting name for a vehicle. Great review as well.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
Ha, was thinking the same thing. Fitting name for a vehicle. Great review as well.
That trucks a Reggie if i ever saw one lol. But yes, agreed, amazing review.

Horkchop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am hoping and praying that everyone here receives his or her order soon, because this truck is incredible!

My order was one of the very lucky ones - placed on 9/17/22, built/shipped 12/5, delivered and driven home on 1/6/23.

Say Hello to Reginald aka Reggie:

IMG_20230108_112340746.jpg

IMG_20230111_132849500.jpg

IMG_20230111_132752836.jpg

Here are my initial impressions:

1. I love the exterior appearance. Alto Blue looks great on XLT! Blue in the sun, black in the shade :cool:

2. The drive/ride is smooth and it takes turns well. The Sport Mode is awesome - feels very powerful compared to my CR-V. It feels a little stiffer over bumps and more truck-like than the CR-V. I thought I'd have to accept that hybrids aren't as zippy or fun to drive, but Sport Mode proved me wrong!

3. It's easy to get 50+ mpg on this truck. Use the EV coach to maximize efficiency; I've had short trips over 80mpg and some that were entirely electric. Eco mode and slippery mode are great for this.

4. You'll notice places where it's apparent that Ford was trying to cut costs to keep this truck inexpensive. Steering wheel feels basic, interior panels are basic, I needed to add a lumbar pillow for back support, the engine bay has some hasty electrical-tape jobs, etc. I feel like I got my money's worth, and I am glad I did not get a higher & more expensive trim level.

5. There are little things that make it feel more like a truck - the satisfying clunk that the door makes when shutting, the horn is loud, the seat is a little higher up than my previous vehicle, etc. The storage is well-thought-out, I really like the rear under-seat.

6. The headlights are very bright and spread nicely, I can see so well using just the low beams. I researched the hell out of fog lights and I really can't justify them now.

Reggie Out.
I ordered my XLT Hybrid in November of 21, I'd like some of that luck you have getting yours, so I may see mine soon.
Sponsored