First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting for the blue hairs to chime in about how this does nothing for power and how dare you modify your truck and what’s the point
Ford Maverick AFE has a Maverick cold air intake available download

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interested, I’ll have to follow and see what kindve real world numbers people are getting.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting for the blue hairs to chime in about how this does nothing for power and how dare you modify your truck and what’s the point
I'm gray haired . . . . and I put a AFE cold air box on my 2012 F150 EB dual turbo. It took an already 'quick' truck and added 'afterburner mode' to it. It works best getting on the Interstate.

I will miss that in the Maverick hybrid (if it ever comes).

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say this is more of a 'warm air intake' The Maverick intake is already a true cold air intake as all the air comes from in front of the radiator. If you remove that part of the intake & the piece attached to it, the opening on the factory air filter box looks exactly like the opening on this unit. Its possible this intake is designed to connect to those factory pieces & then it would be a cold air intake, & the design of this box with filter is less restrictive. I am always cautious about free flow filters, they have been proven to let more dirt through, which is deadly for a turbo.

Reactions: Guv

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Your right, but it's your money so enjoy!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I would say this is more of a 'warm air intake' The Maverick intake is already a true cold air intake as all the air comes from in front of the radiator. If you remove that part of the intake & the piece attached to it, the opening on the factory air filter box looks exactly like the opening on this unit. Its possible this intake is designed to connect to those factory pieces & then it would be a cold air intake, & the design of this box with filter is less restrictive. I am always cautious about free flow filters, they have been proven to let more dirt through, which is deadly for a turbo.
Could not have said it better, if off roading is in your plans you will regret a cotton air filter.

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
AFE will actually maintain the factory cold air intake design by using the factory intake tube on the radiator support. What you gain is a 11% gain in air flow via a larger cone shaped filter. My daughter has one on her 2021 Forte GT and it is the same concept. Basically you get rid of the flat panel filter and go to a large reusable cone filter. Quality product with small gains.

I agree that the worst thing you can do is put a Cone filter onto the stock intake tube and start sucking hot air from the engine compartment. I might sound cool but it kills power. I think I might order one of these AFE intakes since I am impressed with the product quality. Better than most K&N stuff since they usually end up sucking hot air from engine bay as well. When K&N does a dyno they do it with the hood open and fans blasting outside air over the filter. That is not a true test of HP and torque gains. The hood HAS to be closed to give realistic numbers. All these 4 cyl turbo cars now have the hottest engine bays I have ever felt. My daughter also had a Civic 1.5l turbo (hated it and got Forte GT) and the engine bay was so hot you would ACTUALLY burn your fingers on the prop rod.

In the picture below number 11 and 13 stays and number 10 is what fits into the AFE intake.

Ford Maverick AFE has a Maverick cold air intake available 2022-05-18_111651

Last edited:
Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
It might flow 11% more air than a stock paper filter but is that even necessary? Most air filters are capable of much more flow than the engine will require at WOT.
Add to that a reduction in filtering ability from a K&N style filter and the reason for changing it starts to look very questionable.
As a side note:
I changed the air filter on my original owners Ford C-Max hybrid at 92,000 miles, the fuel mileage has not changed one bit. Even the performance seems the same. It wasn't as dirty as I expected though.

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone taken a leap of faith on this one yet? $400 for an intake is hard to swallow....

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like a quality piece. I'm looking at their tuners as well. I may pull the trigger on this. I am likely going to put a flowmaster muffler on my eco as well to uncork the ass end. Between that and the tuner its looking like you can get an ecoboost close to 300hp. Add a free flowing exhaust since turbos respond better with that, and one of these will be plenty fast especially with AWD. Mine has the 4K tow pak. I bought it for the radiator, trans cooler, and optional gear ratio.

I cant wait till it shows up so I can start modifying stuff. Gonna be fun to tinker with. BTW I'm a gray hair too at 54 years old but have been a hot rodder all my life. I have an 07 mustang GT 5 speed, 2 barracuda projects, and an 88 daytona shelby Z, one of the first sport compact turbo intercooled rockets.

Last edited:

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So how did they get 11% more flow threw that tiny throttle body to get these gains?
Sponsored