Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings,
I was looking to add an electric retractable tonneau cover to my Maverick Hybrid but I'm not sure whether or not I can power it from the battery as it is under the rear seat.
Has anyone installed such a cover on their Hybrid Maverick and if so can you give me some help on how you routed the wires?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob
Sponsored

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure how much power is needed but you could always try the wiring spots in the bed. By the tailgate there are caps that allow you to tap into the electrical system and add things like bed lights or an air compressor. Only issue would be that the truck needs to be on or acc power I believe.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The back seat battery would be easier to route to from the bed than under the hood. But as mentioned, I would try the accessory power in the little plastic covers at the back of the bed. The truck comes with one pigtail to conect to it, probably was under oyur back seat.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure how much power is needed but you could always try the wiring spots in the bed. By the tailgate there are caps that allow you to tap into the electrical system and add things like bed lights or an air compressor. Only issue would be that the truck needs to be on or acc power I believe.
There is 12v on both sides of rear next to tailgate. If you have the 400 watt inverter and the bed 110v ac plug you have it also in rear. You could have the 110 in the rear of the console in the cab.
Sponsored