Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,

The Lux package just didn't have much that I wanted beyond the bed outlet so I opted not to get it. I did however get the cab inverter. However I still want the bed outlet!

I don't have my Mav yet so I can only figure so much out right now. I want to prepare a plan to add an outlet to the bed and have some questions for knowledgeable people.

1. Where is the actual inverter located for the cab outlet? is that under/behind the back seat? Can I tap into this and run a line to the bed to add the outlet that way?
2. I've look at the ford parts website and can't find it. But is the plug/panel assembly available to buy? I was thinking I could take the blank panel off, put the plug panel on and wire it to the inverter for the cab outlet.
3. Is anyone aware of a compact inverter (perhaps higher than 400w) that could fit into the bed cubby on one side, wire into the 12v diy line, and mount a waterproof plug into the cubby panel?
4. Any word on an aftermarket inverter that could mount into the cubby and plug right in?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,

The Lux package just didn't have much that I wanted beyond the bed outlet so I opted not to get it. I did however get the cab inverter. However I still want the bed outlet!

I don't have my Mav yet so I can only figure so much out right now. I want to prepare a plan to add an outlet to the bed and have some questions for knowledgeable people.

1. Where is the actual inverter located for the cab outlet? is that under/behind the back seat? Can I tap into this and run a line to the bed to add the outlet that way?
2. I've look at the ford parts website and can't find it. But is the plug/panel assembly available to buy? I was thinking I could take the blank panel off, put the plug panel on and wire it to the inverter for the cab outlet.
3. Is anyone aware of a compact inverter (perhaps higher than 400w) that could fit into the bed cubby on one side, wire into the 12v diy line, and mount a waterproof plug into the cubby panel?
4. Any word on an aftermarket inverter that could mount into the cubby and plug right in?

Thanks!
I was thinking the same thing .I have the invertor in the cab and would love to tap in and put one in the bed... Unfortunately I have lots of mods for the truck but no truck to put them on:)

OP
OP
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking the same thing .I have the invertor in the cab and would love to tap in and put one in the bed... Unfortunately I have lots of mods for the truck but no truck to put them on:)
Same, I have an amazon list with tons of accessories ready to order but I don't want to order until I have at least and expected delivery date.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
For well under $500 you can probably purchase and install (yourself) a much better option than the lowly 400watt unit offered from the factory. What does Ford think people want to power in their truck beds with less than 4 amps? (400 watts at 110v equates to under 4amps of current). Don't cheap out and get yourself a GOOD true sine wave inverter (cheaper modified sine wave inverters will make some things work wonky if they work at all). I'm looking at a 2000w inverter with a true sine wave which should run around $300. You can use jumper cable wire as a fairly cheap option and then install your own breaker and 30amp relay (if you want to run it that way)

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other threads covering this subject:

How hard to add 120V / 400W bed inverter socket receptacles?

400W Inverter Option For Tailgating or Camping

Anyone install a small inverter in the bed?

Power Inverter location

In the future you can use the SEARCH function on this site to find these threads

I just put in Inverter in the box, and selected search titles only
I just realized my mistake. I searched inverter but (unintentionally) only under the "Diy/Writeups forum" and only got 2 results! I did search but was surprised not to find much.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

Thanks!
I have been researching information available to engineer my own DIY Inverter project (don't have my Mav yet either). I hope to get it finished soon. Also, there are other posts on this subject on this forum so keep an eye on them too. There are many factors to this project as system design and limitations depend on if you have an Hybrid or Eco-Boost. I have some preliminary information and will post my findings once I discuss both Eco and Hybrid designs with an engineer. I want to protect the components in my Maverick and other Mavericks that we are so patiently waiting for. I have seen some misinformation out there already so I am taking my time to do it right.

Last edited:

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
Hey all,

Thanks!
I use an old computer battery backup with the included 12 volt harness and I just connect it to the prewired DIY plug in the back and it works like a charm.
Sponsored