First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Has anyone done any research as to if the wiring is there for the 7 pin connector on all the Mavericks? I would like to add the brake controller and the 7 pin connector.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone done any research as to if the wiring is there for the 7 pin connector on all the Mavericks? I would like to add the brake controller and the 7 pin connector.
Are you aware of the bluetooth brake controller?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If one model has it they all have it. I cant speak to this one, but every other ford truck, if they do not come with the EBC they have the pigtail under the dash to add it.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the more important question, why do you need this? I very well might, but I know why I might.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You'll need

1 NZ6Z-15436-B Trailer 4 and 7 pin connector
1 NZ6Z-19H332-A Trailer Brake Module
1 ML3Z-14529-AC Trailer Brake Control Switch

The issue with it is there is nothing on the parts diagrams that show if the harness is already prewired for these items. So you could get them and there could be places for them, but no electrical ready for it.

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And the more important question, why do you need this? I very well might, but I know why I might.
7 - pin vs 4 - pin flat connector. 7 pin gives you Aux charging, backup lights, and trailer brake control while the 4 pin gives you the basic wiring (running, L/R turn, ground). If you have the 7 pin connector on the Maverick and only have 4 wires on the trailer, there is an adapter for that.

Ford Maverick Adding 7 pin connector and brake controller 1632313440323

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
I would think yes, I’ve installed a 7 way pin connector and brake controller aftermarket on a 1997 Chevy K1500 and a 2000 F250 and both were not original wired for it. It’s not very hard but if your buying a trailer of some sort normally those guys know how to get you setup. On my 1997 I needed one for a travel trailer and the guy got it all installed in about 30 minutes. They just mounted the brake controller on my dash and worked out really well. But Ford designed this truck for DIYers so I think we may all be pleasantly surprised.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'll need

1 NZ6Z-15436-B Trailer 4 and 7 pin connector
1 NZ6Z-19H332-A Trailer Brake Module
1 ML3Z-14529-AC Trailer Brake Control Switch

The issue with it is there is nothing on the parts diagrams that show if the harness is already prewired for these items. So you could get them and there could be places for them, but no electrical ready for it.
I bet there is.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
7 - pin vs 4 - pin flat connector. 7 pin gives you Aux charging, backup lights, and trailer brake control while the 4 pin gives you the basic wiring (running, L/R turn, ground). If you have the 7 pin connector on the Maverick and only have 4 wires on the trailer, there is an adapter for that.

1632313440323.png
I was asking the op why he needs the 7 pin. The uses for a 7 pin on a non 4k truck are minimal at best. I have one of those uses. Does the op? I wire all my trailers with brakes......even the small ones

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Found this interesting. If you look up fuses there already a spot for aftermarket brake controller.
Ford Maverick Adding 7 pin connector and brake controller image

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was asking the op why he needs the 7 pin. The uses for a 7 pin on a non 4k truck are minimal at best. I have one of those uses. Does the op? I wire all my trailers with brakes......even the small ones
I see your point for the FWD's. I think if someone would have the need for a trailer brake controller, you might as well get the reasonably priced Tow package which includes the other upgrades, and in my opinion will likely extend the life of the engine.

Trailer Hitch Receiver 7 pin
High Capacity Radiator
Transmission Oil Cooler
Upgraded Cooling fan
Upgraded Drive Ratio
Trailer brake controller

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see your point for the FWD's. I think if someone would have the need for a trailer brake controller, you might as well get the reasonably priced Tow package which includes the other upgrades, and in my opinion will likely extend the life of the engine.

Trailer Hitch Receiver 7 pin
High Capacity Radiator
Transmission Oil Cooler
Upgraded Cooling fan
Upgraded Drive Ratio
Trailer brake controller
Need the 2.0 and the 4k package for those. I need the hybrid with the receiver hitch for occasional towing. The 4k is not reasonable. It adds substantial costs.

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
My question is why would you add a 7 pin connector if you can only tow 2000lbs…. And if you have the awd already why didn’t you add the 4K tow?
If you are trying to tow over 2000lbs well don’t be a dummy….. should have paid for the awd and 4K….

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
In Canada those 4-pin connectors don't last, get always corroded. I built my utility trailer with a 7-pin harness and 3500lb axle with electric brake. I don't tow heavy not above 2500lbs trailer and load. Even though the trailer is light it provides better braking with trailer brakes taking the strain off the vehicle. I can also slide the brake controller lever going down hills to keep the trailer from pushing the vehicle and gaining speed.

I find that there is a misconception that trailer brakes are only useful on large heavy trailers.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Need the 2.0 and the 4k package for those. I need the hybrid with the receiver hitch for occasional towing. The 4k is not reasonable. It adds substantial costs.
That's what I like about the Maverick. So many people have so many different needs for this truck and it fits the bill for most. In this case we know the fuse box supports aftermarket brake controller so this would be a perfect solution.
Sponsored