Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you really want to narrow it down to the source, you could probably line the inside of your knights templar helmet with this butyl stuff. Deus vult!
HALT! From wench you come?

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I'm thinking hard about taking my Mav, should it ever arrive, to my local detailer and asking him to add a spray on treatment. A quick Google search landed me on this one, but I bet there are more. I'm happy with the extra weight in return for a quieter cabin. I'm thinking under the hood, behind the rear seat for starters. Maybe more if it's easily reachable.

https://lizardskin.com/
Check with your dealer, the escape insulation might fit.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think to reduce cabin noise, the firewall is the place to go.... I'm planning on living with it.
Or under the carpeting to reduce road noise

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the textured hood deflector and you can clearly see the hood shake at 65/80mph. One user has a video on YouTube maverick hood shakes.
My truck hasn't come in yet, but I did purchase one of these hood deflectors, but I think I am going to wait on installing it for now based on your info. Hopefully something is figured out.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By know means am I a mechanic or do I know anything about this:) Does anyone have any concerns about trapping heat inside the engine compartment, like I said I know nothing. but live in Florida where during the summer 95 degree temperature is the norm for six months of the year? Probably not a problem as many cars and trucks have insulated hoods. Was this lack of on the Maverick a cost cutting exercise, Or was it something engineered? Just looking for thoughts here.

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
By know means am I a mechanic or do I know anything about this:) Does anyone have any concerns about trapping heat inside the engine compartment, like I said I know nothing. but live in Florida where during the summer 95 degree temperature is the norm for six months of the year? Probably not a problem as many cars and trucks have insulated hoods. Was this lack of on the Maverick a cost cutting exercise, Or was it something engineered? Just looking for thoughts here.
Yes I went into this with that concern. I have a friend who is a engineer for 20 plus years at Toyota for the tundra. There take is lighter hood gas mileage etc. O am not a engineer either . He said aluminum doesn't carry heat as steel does. Also said most cars have enough flow coming in the engine bay . Again I'm no engineer . And yes I know he isn't involved with this truck. But after our discussions his input I decide to do this and it really wasn't for the sound that was more if it happens it happens. I'm going to right a update on what I found and experienced with doing this.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BTW ,Nice truck! sweet color ,waiting on mine impatiently:) 2.0 awd, 360,lariat ...AREA 51

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I adjusted the rubber pieces and same results it shakes the hood. I’m considering taking the bug reflector off. I might add rubber grommet toward the end see if it helps.
hmm does anyone have a video of the issue. This is the first I've heard of this?

Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:
Well I am please to say this worked for what I was trying to do . Going into this there was no guarantee this was going to work. 1st I am no engineer I'm a communications tech. By trade. But that always leaves me with curiosity of fixing things and learning.

So the main reason I did this was for the hood shake , I have the aero skin textured model. With that said I experienced shake in a test drive on a different maverick . So I have no clue if this is isolated to this hood deflector.

Upon doing this I have a friend whom is a engineer on the Toyota tundra for 20 plus years now. He pointed out alot of engineer type things to me....blah blah lol.
So I decide to go ahead with this project cost was 50 bucks only used 10 sheets or so. I could have done cheaper but bought a big box with plans to do doors for speakers etc. later.

So after couple drives yesterday and today at my work route tested at speeds above 75 to 85 mph. The flutter / shake is gone with very very minimal now there if at all. So this worked for me . I had already reported to ford on this and they have called me back and forth to look at and check the issue ( this was not me pushing this with the dealer they called me after I reported to investigate). This may work for others it may not .
I have gotten lots of slack from people in this and other forums I have posted on about heat issues how I'm messing with engineering etc. If you have to be negative just don't post . Go attack some one for a lift etc they are doing to their truck or any other mod. This is my truck I pay the payment and realize what I was doing . Thanks and hope the info helps. I also seen some noises are not apparent any more but I had no issues with that prior to this.

Well bought some 100 mil Kilmat sound insulation for under the hood. Also bought a roller and also used a vinyl wrap tool to help smooth out. Definitely added some weight to the hood maybe that will stop some of the hood flutter , who knows . It seemed a little quieter not sure snowing so didn't go on a test run. But I really did it to see if it helps with some of the hood flutter. Took 10 sheets and about a hour to do.

20211128_151026.jpg

20211128_150852.jpg

20211128_150841.jpg

20211128_143337.jpg

20211128_143327.jpg

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks great and very interested to know the other tools you used? I am waiting on my hybrid build date and delivery but I am putting together a list of hints ideas tips so when it it arrives I have all or more then enough information to make changes. thank you..

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I watched the YouTube video of hoodshake and if my eyes were focused on the road in front of my and not down at the windshield, I wouldn’t even notice it.