Sponsored

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
UPDATE:
Well I am please to say this worked for what I was trying to do . Going into this there was no guarantee this was going to work. 1st I am no engineer I'm a communications tech. By trade. But that always leaves me with curiosity of fixing things and learning.

So the main reason I did this was for the hood shake , I have the aero skin textured model. With that said I experienced shake in a test drive on a different maverick . So I have no clue if this is isolated to this hood deflector.

Upon doing this I have a friend whom is a engineer on the Toyota tundra for 20 plus years now. He pointed out alot of engineer type things to me....blah blah lol.
So I decide to go ahead with this project cost was 50 bucks only used 10 sheets or so. I could have done cheaper but bought a big box with plans to do doors for speakers etc. later.

So after couple drives yesterday and today at my work route tested at speeds above 75 to 85 mph. The flutter / shake is gone with very very minimal now there if at all. So this worked for me . I had already reported to ford on this and they have called me back and forth to look at and check the issue ( this was not me pushing this with the dealer they called me after I reported to investigate). This may work for others it may not .
I have gotten lots of slack from people in this and other forums I have posted on about heat issues how I'm messing with engineering etc. If you have to be negative just don't post . Go attack some one for a lift etc they are doing to their truck or any other mod. This is my truck I pay the payment and realize what I was doing . Thanks and hope the info helps. I also seen some noises are not apparent any more but I had no issues with that prior to this.

Well bought some 100 mil Kilmat sound insulation for under the hood. Also bought a roller and also used a vinyl wrap tool to help smooth out. Definitely added some weight to the hood maybe that will stop some of the hood flutter , who knows . It seemed a little quieter not sure snowing so didn't go on a test run. But I really did it to see if it helps with some of the hood flutter. Took 10 sheets and about a hour to do.

Ford Maverick Added sound insulation to the Hood. 20211128_151026

Ford Maverick Added sound insulation to the Hood. 20211128_150852

Ford Maverick Added sound insulation to the Hood. 20211128_150841

Ford Maverick Added sound insulation to the Hood. 20211128_143337

Ford Maverick Added sound insulation to the Hood. 20211128_143327
Sponsored

Last edited:

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice photos, interesting to hear if cabin sound is reduced from the EB engine.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I adjusted the rubber pieces and same results it shakes the hood. I’m considering taking the bug reflector off. I might add rubber grommet toward the end see if it helps.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think to reduce cabin noise, the firewall is the place to go.... I'm planning on living with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
I put about 1500 miles on my eco boost xlt and I don't have this issue, is this common?
Which issue the shake ? If so seems to be hit and miss some more with the textured hood deflector . Though I seen it in my test drive on a Maverick bone stock.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm thinking hard about taking my Mav, should it ever arrive, to my local detailer and asking him to add a spray on treatment. A quick Google search landed me on this one, but I bet there are more. I'm happy with the extra weight in return for a quieter cabin. I'm thinking under the hood, behind the rear seat for starters. Maybe more if it's easily reachable.

https://lizardskin.com/

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think to reduce cabin noise, the firewall is the place to go.... I'm planning on living with it.
If you really want to narrow it down to the source, you could probably line the inside of your knights templar helmet with this butyl stuff. Deus vult!

Sponsored

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put about 1500 miles on my eco boost xlt and I don't have this issue, is this common?
I have the textured hood deflector and you can clearly see the hood shake at 65/80mph. One user has a video on YouTube maverick hood shakes.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently, similar to beauty, noise is in the ear of the beholder.

That is my hope at least! I have a noisy 2016 FIT.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't worry about it I have about 3k on my EB FX4 and don't really have either problem I took the truck up to 100mph on the highway and never saw the hood shake or flutter in anyway and I don't really have the road noise problem either so I'm guessing it might be a tire issue for some ppl on the latter and maybe a different build group for the former.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't worry about it I have about 3k on my EB FX4 and don't really have either problem I took the truck up to 100mph on the highway and never saw the hood shake or flutter in anyway and I don't really have the road noise problem either so I'm guessing it might be a tire issue for some ppl on the latter and maybe a different build group for the former.
For reference I have the Falken wild peaks on mine

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just for reference, on our Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix and back I noticed my wife's RAV4 does the same thing (hood shake). I have never noticed it before on numerous road trips and probably wouldn't have noticed it this trip if not looking for it after reading these threads. Must be more common than just the Maverick.
Sponsored