First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to thank this forum for the ideas. There are several posts about how to do this so a big thanks to several members relaying their DIY’s.

The front leds are 13“ and fit in between the Ford emblem. The signal light flashes away from the wire end, so I did not want to drill a hole. That’s why I ran it in that grille slot. The signal flashes yellow as shown but the lights move in the direction you are turning.

The tailgate leds work on both signal and brake. I have not set it up yet for the backup lights but the leds are there for it. The picture is for the left signal. Both come on for braking.

Ford Maverick Added LED DRL front w /signal & rear LED strip brake & signal lights 0E03A02A-F606-4D3D-9131-9FBE75433BF4

Ford Maverick Added LED DRL front w /signal & rear LED strip brake & signal lights 55F0ACB3-FCEE-4230-8204-D73B26EE2CAE (1)

Ford Maverick Added LED DRL front w /signal & rear LED strip brake & signal lights 349BBCC1-5C94-48AB-88A7-720504BD0E17
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to thank this forum for the ideas. There are several posts about how to do this so a big thanks to several members relaying their DIY’s.

The front leds are 13“ and fit in between the Ford emblem. The signal light flashes away from the wire end, so I did not want to drill a hole. That’s why I ran it in that grille slot. The signal flashes yellow as shown but the lights move in the direction you are turning.

The tailgate leds work on both signal and brake. I have not set it up yet for the backup lights but the leds are there for it. The picture is for the left signal. Both come on for braking.

0E03A02A-F606-4D3D-9131-9FBE75433BF4.jpg

55F0ACB3-FCEE-4230-8204-D73B26EE2CAE (1).jpg

349BBCC1-5C94-48AB-88A7-720504BD0E17.jpeg
Very nice!
With the Mavericks owners here who have posted about not being seen, and in accidents you should be a lot safer.
Where I like live it is not illegal for this modification.
The loud pips on motorbikes are more annoying. Yet they say it is for the same reason.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks great!

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another illegal modification.

Unless you are going to be using this for "off road use only".

Is that it?

Automotive industry has STANDARDS for a reason.

No, you're not the only one doing this.
But there are reasons cars have two headlamps and more or less all manufacturers follow the same standards with only minor shape & style differences.

At a point all the lights become too busy, distracting, and confusing.
Tons of cars have decorative light strips running across the entire front now. I don’t think this would be an issue, and the amber is just accentuating the normal signal light if anything. Personally I’m pretty safety focussed professionally and at home, and I don’t see how this would communicate any differently to oncoming traffic. Looks cool too.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Legal in my state. Alabama allows up to 4 headlights. The tail light is also perfectly legal with the only requirement being at least 1 present.

OP
OP

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it is probably in another thread, but can you post a link to the LEDs you got?
Tailgate lights came from Amazon $9.99:

5-Function 48"/49" Truck Tailgate Side Bed Light Strip Bar 3528-72LED Waterproof IP67, Turn Signal, Parking, Brake, Reverse Lights for Trailer Pickup Jeep RV Van Dodge Ram Chevy GMC Red/White

The DRL’S front came from site called TEMU @$3.99:

1 Set Of 2pcs Switchback Decorative Light,Daytime Running Light Turn Signal Lamp Flexible Led Strip CU02131

The TEMU site, if you are not familiar has loads of products at very low prices. And yes, most are china made. I’ve bought many items from them in the past month. Many turned out better than I expected. I did not look for these on Amazon, but I’m sure they are on there as well.

OP
OP

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very nice!
With the Mavericks owners here who have posted about not being seen, and in accidents you should be a lot safer.
Where I like live it is not illegal for this modification.
The loud pips on motorbikes are more annoying. Yet they say it is for the same reason.
Yes. Originally I had the front LEDs in the slot above and when driving at night, I received several flashing lights from oncoming traffic. However, there are two sides to the strips and I did have the brighter side facing out so the other side would have been fine. However, in that place, without drilling a hole in the grille, I could not use the turn signal function without exposing 13” of wire. So I moved it down one and ran the wire thru the grille.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Originally I had the front LEDs in the slot above and when driving at night, I received several flashing lights from oncoming traffic. However, there are two sides to the strips and I did have the brighter side facing out so the other side would have been fine. However, in that place, without drilling a hole in the grille, I could not use the turn signal function without exposing 13” of wire. So I moved it down one and ran the wire thru the grille.
I still love it.
If I ever get a Maverick, I will be doing the same idea. 👍

MYBRID23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Idk if I'd do this to mine just because of all the wiring and stuff involved however, this is the most tasteful, best mod I've seen yet. That front looks awesome. Great job!
Sponsored