2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just saw a hot peppered lariat hybrid 1st edition on their website. Called for availability. Yes it's available.. for only $49,400! I told him I would pay $2-3,000 over but not $15k over. He went and checked with his boss and said best they could do right now is $10000 over because that's what customers are offering. Yeah right ! F Off to that!
Sponsored

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw a hot peppered lariat hybrid 1st edition on their website. Called for availability. Yes it's available.. for only $49,400! I told him I would pay $2-3,000 over but not $15k over. He went and checked with his boss and said best they could do right now is $10000 over because that's what customers are offering. Yeah right ! F Off to that!
gee and I thought our toyota dealer was nuts for adding $12.995 to the new tundra,I ordered hybrid xlt 10/21/21 mullinax ford.paid $500 over sticker, just waiting for it !!! no dealer fees.seem gone are the "good ole days" where I got $9,000 off msrp sticker on my new 2019 f-150, not so long ago !!!

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Why am I not surprised anymore?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
gee and I thought our toyota dealer was nuts for adding $12.995 to the new tundra,I ordered hybrid xlt 10/21/21 mullinax ford.paid $500 over sticker, just waiting for it !!! no dealer fees.

Seem gone are the "good ole days" where I got $9,000 off msrp sticker on my new 2019 f-150, not so long ago !!!
Those were the days my friend We thought they'd never end

Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To find out who the highest bidder will be, before they choose who to sell it to.
That could be true. I'm pretty sure they were just full of :poop:. The salesman was nice at least. He sounded surprised about the high mark up as well.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I told him I would pay $2-3,000 over but not $15k over. He went and checked with his boss and said best they could do right now is $10000 over because that's what customers are offering. Yeah right ! F Off to that!
I wish no one would pay a penny over MSRP. The only reason they can charge this nonsense is because people keep throwing their wallets at them. STAHP!

Sponsored
OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wish no one would pay a penny over MSRP. The only reason they can charge this nonsense is because people keep throwing their wallets at them. STAHP!
I have a Maverick on order which has no mark-up, but at this point there is no guarantee it will be built, and dealers know that. I look at it as paying an expedited shipping fee. If I can get it 6 months earlier, fine by me. That being said, $2-3,000 is my max. I don't want to spend $35,000 for my truck.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Problem right now is some people are desperate, they have high mileage vehicles that aren't worth spending a dime on, and they need something. In the past you could just grab a half decent used vehicle to get by, that's just not the case right now. Nobody with a good running driving vehicle is dumping them, cause they cannot get a new vehicle either. The used car market is a shit show, everything I see on lots are junkers (rebuilt titles, stolen vehicles from police auctions, accident auctions), almost everything else I've looked at has 20-25k miles on them after the last carfax report, and accidents that don't have estimate amounts (not done by insurance), which means that's just not a safe bet.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Problem right now is some people are desperate, they have high mileage vehicles that aren't worth spending a dime on, and they need something.
Akshully, that's a myth. :whistle:

Its pretty much universally cheaper to fix an older vehicle than replace it with a new one. People replace vehicles because they want something shiny without dents and new technology and safety and prestige, not for economic reasons. For example, say you pay $3K over MSRP, for $3K you could replace the entire powertrain with a low mileage used unit on most mainstream vehicles and keep going another 200K miles, and most of the time that isn't even necessary as its just a bolt-on oil pump or water pump that fails or a hose or two and if you use aftermarket parts is cheaper than a single month's car payment. And if you have to replace a $80 part every other month? What is that next to the $400 a month new car payment, lol! Heck, I have over 150K miles on my truck, the water pump went out, and for $236.45 I replaced the thermostat, fresh coolant, water pump, fan clutch, and serpentine belt on a Saturday and could easily go another 150K. Heck, my coworker has over 250K miles on her blue Silverdao and that things a damn Chevy, yech! 😁

People are just being impatient, like the guys that pay a scalper $1000 for the latest XBOX so they don't have to wait, when their last gen XBOX is fine.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
No offense but no buy? It's not a customer order that they're screwing over the original person. The sad fact is that customers ARE paying this much. I just watched someone buy a bare bones XL off of ebay for over $32,000.00

I think this thread is off base, what do you expect? Has anyone ever studied simple economics? If you want to blame anyone, blame the politicians, blame the crypto miners driving up chip prices, blame the pandemic but how can you blame a dealer for marking up a retail vehicle that is in severe short supply?
Sponsored