First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is anyone else having issue with the AC? I can not for the life of me keep it off. Even with the ac indicator light off I get ice cold air. I would like no AC for 2 reasons: my wife hates the feeling of artificial air it makes her joints ache and at times I would like to attempt to improve my MPGs on certain short trips (healthy competition between Mav owners).
Oh and the damn infotainment system is a complete pile of garbage that the local dealership can’t reproduce. It randomly freezes, resets or dosnt connect for audio when plugged to my phone… and at about a 80% rate of failure,when I attempt to call or connect to a call, no sound can be heard from both parties.
Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: oh and even after the update the brakes still grab at low speed especially in rain or snow . Still enjoy the truck though
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDisME

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll give it a go. Thanks. I’m looking to talk to the dealership again and hopefully I can get traction on the break issue which, in severe winter weather is a safety issue

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it's your USB cable. I got a new (cheap) one for my Android, and it dropped every 5 - 10 minutes. Trying to use Waze for directions was for all intents and purposes, useless. And, of course, the music kept dropping as well. I bought a new cable and haven't had an issue since.

OP
OP
JDisME

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll try a new cable but, If anything I think it’ll only help with the random times it dosent connect to my phone. Thats not all of the issues I am experiencing. When I answer a call or someone calls me, it’s still connected and the line just goes quiet on both our ends. Also it randomly freezes and automatically resets itself. Sometimes my audio only plays over my phone instead of the truck. The fix for that I find is unplugging and plugging it back in 1-5 times until it fixes itself.
I’ll try a new cable. it cant hurt!

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like it keeps trying to connect via Bluetooth. Go into the settings and tell it to only connect via cable. It's more stable.

And get a high quality USB cable. Cheapo ones don't have the data throughput needed.

OP
OP
JDisME

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the advice. I’ll change the settings tomorrow ..fingers crossed!

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As everyone said. Find yourself a high quality THREE FOOT cord. Leave it always in the truck plugged in and only plug in the phone and unplug the phone once per drive time.

The problem is actually your phone wants to 'connect' every time it detects the car. So if it keeps losing and finding the vehicle, it WILL try to connect again and again and again every time it momentarily loses connection.

One of the first things I did was buy a brand new good quality cord. Basically, pay attention to the strength of the connection to the plug end from the wire. Cheap ones break there internally and causes issues.

My friend bought a brand new Honda Civic and his phone had so many issues with it and the dealership couldn't fix it. Told him to pry $20 from his wallet and get the best cord he could and dedicate it to his car and use it nowhere else (he was one to move his cord with him from place to place). He's also incredibly cheap most of the time. New cord solved the problem. These new phones transmit a ton of data through that cord (in addition to charge off it)... need a great quality cord.

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep. Select vent position(s). Then AC will not be on autopilot.

Yep. Infotainment system is absolute crap.
Good ol ford at it again

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Is anyone else having issue with the AC? I can not for the life of me keep it off. Even with the ac indicator light off I get ice cold air. I would like no AC for 2 reasons: my wife hates the feeling of artificial air it makes her joints ache and at times I would like to attempt to improve my MPGs on certain short trips (healthy competition between Mav owners).
Oh and the damn infotainment system is a complete pile of garbage that the local dealership can’t reproduce. It randomly freezes, resets or dosnt connect for audio when plugged to my phone… and at about a 80% rate of failure,when I attempt to call or connect to a call, no sound can be heard from both parties.
Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: oh and even after the update the brakes still grab at low speed especially in rain or snow . Still enjoy the truck though
Hey there. I can look into your Maverick’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored