First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Up to now, if you did not take a vehicle or cancelled your order, the dealership received the vehicle and sold it with a large ADM, ranging from about 3k to 10k. Now, it appears that if you decide to not reorder as a MY23, the order is gone and so is the dealership getting that vehicle. Of course, they may get a non-constraint stock MY22 to replace it as Ford uses plant capacity for production of the last MY22s.

Not saying production is the dealership's fault; just saying that it seems a dealer should not have been rewarded because a buyer could no longer wait for their vehicle. :unsure: Cancelled orders could have gone for production of another retail vehicle order rather than not being "cancelled" and the dealer getting the ADM.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you think dealers should never be able to order vehicles for stock anymore? They have been at the back of the bus this whole time and had no display models to attract more customers for the Maverick. There seems to be a false narrative out there that ALL dealers are greedy bastards on a mission to screw every last penny out of any poor soul who happens to cross paths with them by adding as much undeserved profit over MSRP as they can possibly get away with. Dealers and sales folks are people too and my experience has been nothing like the "greedy" narrative. YMMV

OP
OP

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you think dealers should never be able to order vehicles for stock anymore? They have been at the back of the bus this whole time and had no display models to attract more customers for the Maverick. There seems to be a false narrative out there that ALL dealers are greedy bastards on a mission to screw every last penny out of any poor soul who happens to cross paths with them by adding as much undeserved profit over MSRP as they can possibly get away with. Dealers and sales folks are people too and my experience has been nothing like the "greedy" narrative. YMMV
Never said that. Only said that the orders that were "cancelled" by people who changed their minds and did not want their order, should have been deleted and another vehicle for another retail buyer could have been built. The new build could have even been for a customer waiting at the same dealership.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can tell you one local dealer (Basil ford Buffalo NY area) had a buyer drop out and they marked it up 8K. Its off there web site so I assume they sold it I wonder if they got the 8k up charge or not,

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Up to now, if you did not take a vehicle or cancelled your order, the dealership received the vehicle and sold it with a large ADM, ranging from about 3k to 10k. Now, it appears that if you decide to not reorder as a MY23, the order is gone and so is the dealership getting that vehicle. Of course, they may get a non-constraint stock MY22 to replace it as Ford uses plant capacity for production of the last MY22s.

Not saying production is the dealership's fault; just saying that it seems a dealer should not have been rewarded because a buyer could no longer wait for their vehicle. :unsure: Cancelled orders could have gone for production of another retail vehicle order rather than not being "cancelled" and the dealer getting the ADM.
Just re-read this and have 1 more comment on the bolded sentence. In reality, the dealer already owns the vehicle as soon as it is off loaded on their property and they sign for it. So I agree with your sentiment it would have been nice if the original order could have been converted to another build, the factory is already out of the loop when dealer takes possession.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just re-read this and have 1 more comment on the bolded sentence. In reality, the dealer already owns the vehicle as soon as it is off loaded on their property and they sign for it. So I agree with your sentiment it would have been nice if the original order could have been converted to another build, the factory is already out of the loop when dealer takes possession.
The factory is only out of the loop because the dealer is not required to let Ford know when a buyer says they do not want the order. Now this next year it is my understanding that if a dealer does not sell the ordered vehicle to the original orderer at least 75 percent of the time, his/her allocations may be severely affected.

I will not comment on who owns the vehicle. That dead horse has been severely beaten on this forum already. Peace!

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So, my dealer has some incentive to make sure I will convert my 22 to a 23? I haven't heard a peep from them since I requested to see proof of ROVP approval a few days after ordering in January. Maybe they are just a subpar dealership or I suspect have bigger priorities than low profit margin Mavericks.
Sponsored