First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In an XLT with luxury package, if you connect your Android phone and enable Android Auto, can you then say something like "OK Google, navigate to Moe's Deli"? I'm wondering if the truck has a microphone which responds to voice commands. Or does the phone itself respond to "OK Google"?
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reactions: wjg

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the XLT (Without SYNC 3) allows for passthrough voice commands using the "talk" button. Great!

-Thanks
Glad to help.

All this “new” tech is lost on me. My current car doesn’t even have a usb.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's good to hear. I'm a Google nerd I have Google home speakers, a Sony TV with Google TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Chromebook, and a Google pixel. Kind of funny that the Maverick will be my first time using Android auto. Can't wait 😬

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In an XLT with luxury package, if you connect your Android phone and enable Android Auto, can you then say something like "OK Google, navigate to Moe's Deli"? I'm wondering if the truck has a microphone which responds to voice commands. Or does the phone itself respond to "OK Google"?
Watch this for how to use Android Auto in a Maverick (XL, XLT) with Voice Commands:

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good to hear. I'm a Google nerd I have Google home speakers, a Sony TV with Google TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Chromebook, and a Google pixel. Kind of funny that the Maverick will be my first time using Android auto. Can't wait 😬
Me too. It also looks like you can link Ford Pass to Google Assistant so you can start it via voice command on any Assistant device. That's pretty cool. Although I probably wont use it since it'll be parked in my garage, but it might come in handy at the office when I leave (via routine shortcut on my homescreen)

Last edited:
OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me too. It also looks like you can link Ford Pass to Google Assistant so you can start it via voice command on any Assistant device. That's pretty cool. Although I probably wont use it since it'll be parked in my garage, but it might come in handy at the office when I leave (via routine shortcut on my homescreen)
FordPass also works with Alexa:

Amazon.com: FordPass : Alexa Skills
Sponsored