First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a way with the app to read boost and other engine feedback like some others on the market? Just weighing my options.
Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not yet unfortunately.

You can use this video from the Bronco install as a reference, same process. video link
It appears the Maverick kit does not come with colder spark plugs like your Bronco kit. I assume that is because the added boost/power created with the Maverick tunes is immaterial to the heat generated to the spark?

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Caleb@PandaMotorworks Do you all have an installation video for the product?
Check out the pictures from the RaceChip threads for actual location. The 2.3 is a very different install in terms of ease and sensor location.
Install can be done in under 10min, but I’d practice the feel of the sensor removal for sensor B. The sensor is 3/4 of the way down in front of the fan.

Sponsored

Brady2705

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We are excited to introduce our Panda Power Module tuning device for the EcoBoost Ford Maverick!
Hi Mitch,

I'm going through the process of upgrading my XLT over the next ~6mos, and I had all but made up my mind I was going to go with the RaceChip GTS piggyback. Then you go and post this, and I have the opportunity to buy from an American supplier who seems to be specifically catering to the Maverick ... so I have to reconsider ... :)

This product is right up my alley, as I'm not looking for max-performance (flash tune), I'm looking to get the best product I can while still staying street-legal and keeping my warranty intact.

A few questions for you:

1. My understanding is the piggybacks take a bit to sync with the ECU (100-200 miles), so you don't really notice the performance gains immediately. Is that true? Your dyno run, is that immediately after install, or after a few hundred miles?
  2. You had mentioned there are three modes currently (I'm only interested in Race/7 -- this is about making the daily driver more fun), but that you would be offering more tunes down-the-line to support different bolt-on configurations. In my end-state, I'm envisioning having an aftermarket CAI, cat-back-exhaust, and upgraded FMIC. To ensure my wife doesn't kill me, I'll likely have to stagger those upgrades over time. If I added your piggyback before installing those mods, will your piggyback adapt/capitalize to the new adds over time, or would it make sense to wait until all the bolt-ons are added before installing the tuner? Would I need to wait for your custom tunes, or would your current product still be able to synergize with the bolt-ons for performance gains?
  3. I really like the responsiveness of the Maverick's stock sport mode, but I *HATE* that it stays in low gears for so long when you get to cruising speeds. That is, I love getting up to highway speeds quickly, but once I'm at 70 and cruising, I'm ready to be in overdrive ... and SportMode always stays one gear low, which diminishes fuel economy, and really makes me hate using sport mode in my daily drive. If I use your piggyback, but keep the Maverick in its stock "Normal" drive mode (which is less responsive, but has better shift patterns, in my opinion), will I essentially get the best of both worlds -- a very responsive/sporty Maverick, but one that recognizes when your at highway cruising speeds and shifts into overdrive accordingly?
Sorry for the long questions -- I appreciate your time, and I'm excited about your product!

- Brad

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't wait to tell all the dudes at work that my truck has a Panda Power Module.
I ordered a iconic silver XL 2.0 with AWD back in October and have yet to get it can you post a couple pics tks VP
Check out the pictures from the RaceChip threads for actual location. The 2.3 is a very different install in terms of ease and sensor location.
Install can be done in under 10min, but I’d practice the feel of the sensor removal for sensor B. The sensor is 3/4 of the way down in front of the fan.

Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Mitch,

I'm going through the process of upgrading my XLT over the next ~6mos, and I had all but made up my mind I was going to go with the RaceChip GTS piggyback. Then you go and post this, and I have the opportunity to buy from an American supplier who seems to be specifically catering to the Maverick ... so I have to reconsider ... :)

This product is right up my alley, as I'm not looking for max-performance (flash tune), I'm looking to get the best product I can while still staying street-legal and keeping my warranty intact.

A few questions for you:

1. My understanding is the piggybacks take a bit to sync with the ECU (100-200 miles), so you don't really notice the performance gains immediately. Is that true? Your dyno run, is that immediately after install, or after a few hundred miles?
  2. You had mentioned there are three modes currently (I'm only interested in Race/7 -- this is about making the daily driver more fun), but that you would be offering more tunes down-the-line to support different bolt-on configurations. In my end-state, I'm envisioning having an aftermarket CAI, cat-back-exhaust, and upgraded FMIC. To ensure my wife doesn't kill me, I'll likely have to stagger those upgrades over time. If I added your piggyback before installing those mods, will your piggyback adapt/capitalize to the new adds over time, or would it make sense to wait until all the bolt-ons are added before installing the tuner? Would I need to wait for your custom tunes, or would your current product still be able to synergize with the bolt-ons for performance gains?
  3. I really like the responsiveness of the Maverick's stock sport mode, but I *HATE* that it stays in low gears for so long when you get to cruising speeds. That is, I love getting up to highway speeds quickly, but once I'm at 70 and cruising, I'm ready to be in overdrive ... and SportMode always stays one gear low, which diminishes fuel economy, and really makes me hate using sport mode in my daily drive. If I use your piggyback, but keep the Maverick in its stock "Normal" drive mode (which is less responsive, but has better shift patterns, in my opinion), will I essentially get the best of both worlds -- a very responsive/sporty Maverick, but one that recognizes when your at highway cruising speeds and shifts into overdrive accordingly?
Sorry for the long questions -- I appreciate your time, and I'm excited about your product!

- Brad
1: The gains will be immediate, there is no learning on the ECUs part, it works parallel with the ECU

2: The module will not adapt to any other bolt ons. That doesn't mean other bolt ons won't give any more performance gains, but you aren't going to get more out of them just because you have the power module. However, we will soon offer over the air updates to accommodate bolt ons. (Stage 1, Stage2, Stage 3 sort of deal). So you would be perfectly fine running just the Power Module right now, slowly adding bolt ons, and then updating the module with the corresponding "Stage" update.

3: Nothing will be different transmission wise. The signals the device sends to the MAP sensors will have no effect on the transmission. The truck will feel more responsive, just no change in shift patterns.

chris@pandamotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ford Focus, 21 Ford Bronco, 16 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It appears the Maverick kit does not come with colder spark plugs like your Bronco kit. I assume that is because the added boost/power created with the Maverick tunes is immaterial to the heat generated to the spark?

The Maverick actually comes with a step colder than older ecoboost models! Ford is finally getting with the times!

Me B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Fusion, 2001 Ranger, Ford F53
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody tried the Panda real world?

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the fence but Panda for me so sounds best of all. 400 bones is not bad for retaining warranty and picking up 30 lbs of tq 15 hp. This truck is already a blast to drive I could only imagine with a panda tune.
Sponsored

Last edited: