Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate the R&D Panda is doing! I just put in an order for the Panda Power Module for my wife’s Bronco for now…gotta keep her happy and she likes to drive like a Toretto anyway. I’ll order the module for the Mav once we install and test the first one on the Bronco. Thanks again!!
Any updates on the Panda Power module? (Bronco or Maverick)
Sponsored

Mavnick87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far we have really liked the Panda Power Modules on our 2.3 Bronco and the AWD Maverick.
I set both to the sport setting 4 after gradually moving from eco setting 1.
The amount of torque and horsepower both off the line and in the midrange is pretty impressive. If you’re going for performance, I would say don’t waste money on a cold air intake or exhaust until you install a tuner. The increase in power and the smoothness in the power band while maintaining or even improving MPG is a game changer.
This has to be the best bang for your buck mod for the 2.0 Maverick owners out there.
My only potential issue is that I tried using the race setting 5 on the Maverick, and it seems to have less torque and off the line power than setting 4. Maybe you have to run 93+ octane in order to use race settings 5-7? Sport Setting 4 seems to be the sweet spot for me since it provides a huge increase in instant torque and hp at any time.
Let me know if you all have any more questions.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far we have really liked the Panda Power Modules on our 2.3 Bronco and the AWD Maverick.
I set both to the sport setting 4 after gradually moving from eco setting 1.
The amount of torque and horsepower both off the line and in the midrange is pretty impressive. If you’re going for performance, I would say don’t waste money on a cold air intake or exhaust until you install a tuner. The increase in power and the smoothness in the power band while maintaining or even improving MPG is a game changer.
This has to be the best bang for your buck mod for the 2.0 Maverick owners out there.
My only potential issue is that I tried using the race setting 5 on the Maverick, and it seems to have less torque and off the line power than setting 4. Maybe you have to run 93+ octane in order to use race settings 5-7? Sport Setting 4 seems to be the sweet spot for me since it provides a huge increase in instant torque and hp at any time.
Let me know if you all have any more questions.
Great to hear! The power off the line and in the midrange is exactly what we were going for to transform the driving experience. Many tunes focus on peak power, where we focus on driveability and maintaining a smooth power band in the lower to mid RPM range, which is where you will be diving 95% of the time.

We do strongly recommend running premium 91/93 on maps 5-7.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read this entire thread. I am now considering this as power upgrade. I want to keep my warranty valid etc. I do have an air intake and likely will be adding an exhaust at some point.

@Caleb@PandaMotorworks do you have any timeframe on when the additional "tunes" will be available to address folks like me that swap out the intake and toss an exhaust on the Mav??

Last edited:

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read this entire thread. I am now considering this as power upgrade. I want to keep my warranty valid etc. I do an air intake and likely will be added an exhaust at some point.

@Caleb@PandaMotorworks do you have any timeframe on when the additional "tunes" will be available to address folks like me that swap out the intake and toss an exhaust on the Mav??
I wouldn't be able to give an accurate ETA, but we are working on it.

Trying to get the updated maps ironed out for the Bronco guys since they still don't have custom tunes, then we will shift focus to the Maverick.

Sponsored

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will see if this module does what is claimed. Placed an order a couple days ago.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going out today! Let us know 😃
Got it yesterday and installed. Have not had time to take it out and test drive yet. Install was pretty straight forward. Only issue is accessing the charge pipe sensor as that is low on the front of the engine. I accessed it through the top though it would probably been easier going from underneath. I didn't want the hassle of removing the "skid" plate.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a service appointment today for an oil change and decided to start with Eco at level 1 and work my way up to 3. I cant say I noticed any difference in performance with Eco level 1, 2, or 3. Take this as you want since I was only using my "butt dyno" to evaluate. Next up will be Sport mode and Race, but will be using 91 octane for those. Eco mode was with 87. Being I work remote it'll be a bit before I need to refill.

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a service appointment today for an oil change and decided to start with Eco at level 1 and work my way up to 3. I cant say I noticed any difference in performance with Eco level 1, 2, or 3. Take this as you want since I was only using my "butt dyno" to evaluate. Next up will be Sport mode and Race, but will be using 91 octane for those. Eco mode was with 87. Being I work remote it'll be a bit before I need to refill.
So how is it going with the Panda Power? I have my finger on the trigger.....400 or 700 bucks for the Cobb. Only difference I can see is the Cobb tune uses corn to get a higher hp number. All tunes have torque around 340. Just was looking for an update.... since everyone is in love with Cobb.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So how is it going with the Panda Power? I have my finger on the trigger.....400 or 700 bucks for the Cobb. Only difference I can see is the Cobb tune uses corn to get a higher hp number. All tunes have torque around 340. Just was looking for an update.... since everyone is in love with Cobb.
I returned my PPM after a wiring incompatibility issue and just got my Cobb yesterday. Just using a OTS Cobb map for now while I wait to get a custom map from Panda. Power difference is more noticeable than anything I was able to get from the PPM. But for me the big thing is the change in shifting behavior with the Cobb and the fact it can tune the TCM. PPM can’t bc it isn’t actually tuning the ecu at all, just tricking sensor data coming in. Shifting is just soooooo much better now over the stock Ford mapping

Cobb I think is still on sale for $550 at Panda until 9/4. Worth it.

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for getting back to me. Well my concern is price point and the fact the Tq is about the same on both base tunes without corn. I can understand shift points but I'm not really worried about that at this point my truck has 14,000 miles and im going on 16 months of ownership. I don't tow anything so I was thinking more of the lines of a little wake up from stock and for about 400 bucks 15 hp and 25 tq is a steal. Especially in today's economy. You talk about incompatibility? Can you be more specific? Please.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you for getting back to me. Well my concern is price point and the fact the Tq is about the same on both base tunes without corn. I can understand shift points but I'm not really worried about that at this point my truck has 14,000 miles and im going on 16 months of ownership. I don't tow anything so I was thinking more of the lines of a little wake up from stock and for about 400 bucks 15 hp and 25 tq is a steal. Especially in today's economy. You talk about incompatibility? Can you be more specific? Please.
The wiring harness on my PPM had a connector that did not match the sensor it was supposed to connect to. I did wire it an alternative way (per Pandas instruction) but was never impressed with it. The PPM is not tuning anything. If you buy the Cobb from Panda it includes a fully custom map where you send datalogs and they write a map specific to your truck, mods and driving. I’ve had my Maverick for almost 2 years and 25k miles. It drove smoother today with more noticeable power than it ever did stock or with the PPM, and that’s just with one of the included Cobb Tunes. The extra $190 to get much more responsive, smoother shifting, increased HP and TQ and the ability to fully maximize any additional mods I add in the future was well worth it to me.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My PPM has worked just fine since I got it. No issues. The biggest selling point for me was the fact that the PPM doesn't overwrite and data on the ECU etc. that could lead to dealer issues down the road. As for the actual performance its hard to say as I don't have access to a Dyno.
Sponsored