Sponsored

A New Batch of Fender Flares Is About to Arrive in the Warehouse. Don't Miss Out!

Wonderwall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon calls them Mabett Fender Flares, but the directions that came with mine called them Car Wheel Arches lol. I had a issue with one of my rear flares( or wheel arches ) and that the double sided tape was munged up. It was the short strip of tape at the end. I tried to straighten it out the best I could but that sticky stuff is not the easiest to work with. When it gets warmer out ( like in April ) I may have to remove the flare and replace the tape. But for right now I have to live with it. Just be careful because that tape is kind of unforgiving.
in the uk they are called wheel arches.
Sponsored

2Crew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus UX, 2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't use any. I felt that they are in place permanently and will not rub. I did sand the paint touching edge just in case but probably not necessary.

20231028_115831_resized_1.jpg
I used same sanding block. All 4 had wavy edges above the adhesive so I spent a lot of time sanding them down. Seems to work, I'm in Texas and I see you are in Arizona, I guess we'll see what happens with heat.
Sponsored