Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a message to all Ford employees/spys who are members in this forum and read and monitor everything this form as part of their job. Your job is either to just monitor and report the trends to the headquarters and/or at given points participate actively in discussions to direct opinions in certain direction.

There are many of you here in our forum. Some have official assignments and some use this forum as one of the sources to collect information and understand the mood of their end customers.

My message is short and clear: Tell please to the people who are responsible for the 2 recent launches of Bronco and Maverick to get their acts together. The Bronco launch has been a disaster and the Maverick launch seem to become similarly bad. With both products you have created two beautiful piece of automobile which answer to the needs of so many people out there. You created a big hype around both products and many people were excited to get their SUV/Truck during the anticipated time window. Now we know the Bronco wont be here until sometime next year or even 2023. For the Maverick customers were told things are going to be different but now here we are again: Certain options are not available and the much anticipated hybrid wont be built, or will only be built in very small quantities. I am sure at one point your issues will be resolved and you will sell enough of these two models. But for your next launch, PLEASE PLEASE, take your time and plan properly and push the button first when all your obvious major issues are solved. Also work on your communication policies, the way it is right now, is not good, really, not good at all!!

I hope all the noises around the Maverick part shortage is temporary and many of us will have their car sometime by the end of this year.

Sincerely,

A concerned and not so happy customer!
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Comparing a full MY of Bronco to the very first week of Maverick production is like comparing Apples to, to...Sputnik. Bronco has darn near been a disaster. For all we know the Hybrid is being delayed just a few weeks.

If I were a "spy", I'd be reporting that there are small number of very vocal people who have needs we cannot meet or unreasonable expectations. I'd then report how I just read a poll on the same site that says very few people will jump ship if they don't get into production in the next two months.

Last edited:

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long has the Bronco been out now? 3-4 months? ... I drive A LOT every day in the NYC area and have yet to see one on the road.

As far as the Maverick, I want one but I'll take the wait and see approach for now. Once things normalize I will order one.

While Ford marketing are masters to make me exicted like a pre-teen scoolgirl, ultimatelly I'm really in no hurry.

Sponsored

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
The Maverick launch is nowhere close to as bad as the Bronco launch. The Maverick launch is fine. Especially considering that there are still huge supply issues out there. Ford has to make choices across their vehicle line. They are building what they can and it is what it is.

Well, except the Bronco. They messed that up every step of the way. They seem to be addressing it now, but there are some decisions that can't be undone quickly.

mrrk47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a message to all Ford employees/spys who are members in this forum and read and monitor everything this form as part of their job. Your job is either to just monitor and report the trends to the headquarters and/or at given points participate actively in discussions to direct opinions in certain direction.

There are many of you here in our forum. Some have official assignments and some use this forum as one of the sources to collect information and understand the mood of their end customers.

My message is short and clear: Tell please to the people who are responsible for the 2 recent launches of Bronco and Maverick to get their acts together. The Bronco launch has been a disaster and the Maverick launch seem to become similarly bad. With both products you have created two beautiful piece of automobile which answer to the needs of so many people out there. You created a big hype around both products and many people were excited to get their SUV/Truck during the anticipated time window. Now we know the Bronco wont be here until sometime next year or even 2023. For the Maverick customers were told things are going to be different but now here we are again: Certain options are not available and the much anticipated hybrid wont be built, or will only be built in very small quantities. I am sure at one point your issues will be resolved and you will sell enough of these two models. But for your next launch, PLEASE PLEASE, take your time and plan properly and push the button first when all your obvious major issues are solved. Also work on your communication policies, the way it is right now, is not good, really, not good at all!!

I hope all the noises around the Maverick part shortage is temporary and many of us will have their car sometime by the end of this year.

Sincerely,

Dude, Pandemic and Micro Chip shortage, calm down.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tried and true sales rules:

1. Overpromising and underdelivering is the kiss of death.
2. You only have one chance to launch a new product correctly.

Yes there is a shortage of stuff in the world right now, the supply chains are fluid, its the new world etc etc etc. These problems were known well in advance that they were coming and may be long term. Launching a vehicle like these problems arent here and to be silent about it is not the way.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Totally clueless of the intent of this post. What the OP said has nothing to do with shortages or a pandemic. I see you are from CA. Is the thought that CA is closed, all states need to be closed?

The total communications of the Bronco and maverick have been and are a total train wreck. Ford KNEW there were shortages and a pandemic. But the hype and marketing led multitudes this would not ba an issue with the Maverick. That was wrong and it is quite obvious. But again, Ford is mum on the timing of this bad news about the hybrid BASE model. Are we to sit with our thumbs up our ass as you mention only to find out the model won't be coming or do we move on? That is what Ford Communications Director needs to be telling the retail buyers and not the dealers. If that is the ONLY communications Ford is sending out, I don't expect the dealers to know any more than I do at this point.

As I've said before, I DON'T NEED this truck, but I'm buying one. That is unless the hybrid model is dead. If it's dead, then I'm out. I'll remain a one vehicle family. If it's a short pause, then I can hang out and wait. JUST COMMUNICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps Ford is trying to emulate all the bad traits of Elon Musk and Tesla. If the company fires its PR department and quits responding to media inquiries, then we’ll know for certain it has fallen down that rabbit hole.

popyx9

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Sincerely,

Outstanding comment!!! All the pats on their backs on how well they planned the Maverick, standard Hybrid now not building. Your comment is dead ON & Thank YOU

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last day of Fall is Dec 20. If you don't have your Maverick by then, then it's time to really get pissed. I voted never give up on the Poll taken.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.