Sponsored

A larger rear view mirror is needed, the factory one is horrible ....

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup, 300mm Aluminum flat one. I love it.
Dangit....now I've ordered the flat one too (with blue glass). One of them will be going back. Maybe get some photos of the comparison between the two before I do.
Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice find. If compatible with a Mav certainly a good option. The Ford OEM mirrors with homelink are $$$$$$$$
It is fairly standard. This mirror is the exact same one that came from the factory with my 2014 Mazda6. I've seen them in Lexus as well.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone consider a 5 panel mirror like the old days?

10L0L Universal Golf Cart 5 Panel Mirror for EZGO, Club Car, Wide Angle Rear View Mirror, Compatible with Car SUV Van Truck
These things suck. They’re too narrow for most modern vehicles, they shake all over the place and in some cases, you lose your sun visors

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do these wider mirrors interfere with the sun visors?
Not at all. 300mm fits just fine. Only time I could see it being an issue is if you unclip the sun visor and slide it out, then it could reach the mirror (but would reach the stock mirror too - so kind of a non-issue).

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, here's some comparison photos between the 300mm convex/plain and 300mm flat/blue glass models. You can see the difference in how far back (smaller) things appear in the convex mirror as well. You get a little wider view, but the convex would take some getting used to. Wasn't so much the distance as the appearance that things were moving faster in turns and as vehicles approach from behind (kinda vertigo-like). I like the blue glass as well, seems a good bit easier on the eyes - even in the daylight.

Please pardon my phonetographer skills which are lacking.... o_O. The images in the mirror are HD crystal clear - just appear kind of hazy in the photos.
Ford Maverick A larger rear view mirror is needed, the factory one is horrible .... IMG_9146

Ford Maverick A larger rear view mirror is needed, the factory one is horrible .... IMG_9213

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Damn. Now I wish I had gotten the blue tint one. Oh, well. I still am very happy with mine.

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I have finally had it with the rear view mirror in my XL. No matter what position I'm sitting in it seems to be off and in the wrong spot when I look in the mirror. Its too small. I know one of the other Ford models must have a larger mirror that uses the same mounting system. I DO NOT WANT one of those goofy mirrors that clip over the factory one. Before I spend a lot of time looking/researching on eBay I figured I would ask you guys. I don't want something fancy or complicated, just bigger like from a larger Ford truck or something.

Thanks

Pilot Automotive MI-004 10" Day/Night Mirror, Rear View Mirror

Amazon'sChoicei

Sponsored

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you guys. The stock mirror is crap. I had my window tint guy tint it and that fixed one issue but it’s still too small.
any of these clip on mirrors show things sized the same as the oem? Lots of reviews I read say they all show things smaller

DIYDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, here's some comparison photos between the 300mm convex/plain and 300mm flat/blue glass models. You can see the difference in how far back (smaller) things appear in the convex mirror as well. You get a little wider view, but the convex would take some getting used to. Wasn't so much the distance as the appearance that things were moving faster in turns and as vehicles approach from behind (kinda vertigo-like). I like the blue glass as well, seems a good bit easier on the eyes - even in the daylight.

Please pardon my phonetographer skills which are lacking.... o_O. The images in the mirror are HD crystal clear - just appear kind of hazy in the photos.
IMG_9146.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg
Grogu for the win. Best mod ever.

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used this one and I really like it so far. The 10inch one is just big enough to cover the factory one and looks good- doesn't stick out too much or take up extra room. Plus the view is obviously better.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have finally had it with the rear view mirror in my XL. No matter what position I'm sitting in it seems to be off and in the wrong spot when I look in the mirror. Its too small. I know one of the other Ford models must have a larger mirror that uses the same mounting system. I DO NOT WANT one of those goofy mirrors that clip over the factory one. Before I spend a lot of time looking/researching on eBay I figured I would ask you guys. I don't want something fancy or complicated, just bigger like from a larger Ford truck or something.

Thanks

We I get my truck, 6/23 no build date, I’ll let you know what I think of the mirror

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I DO NOT WANT one of those goofy mirrors that clip over the factory one.
I plan on moving my 7" Touchscreen Dash cam from my SportTrac to my Maverick. I does go over the existing mirror and is slightly larger, but you can hardly even tell it's not the factory mirror. You also don't have to deal with a separate dash cam hanging off the window.
For some reason it's no longer sold on Amazon where I bought it a few years ago for $45, but it is this one https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Jeemak...nd-Rear-View-Vehicle-Recorder/PRD4IH8XVKX5UOC

Works great and records Front and rear view anytime the truck is on.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T1eH4v46TvsXcWw26
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fNRviLZbqJdYbCtY6
Sponsored