Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two articles about the Ranger that are good reads. The first, Consumer Reports picks 2022 Ford Ranger as its CR’s Highest Rated American Pickup Truck. The second, Ford Ranger Awarded Highest Initial Quality In Mid-Size Pickup Segment. I think the initial quality award bodes well for the Maverick, but I guess we will see. None-the-less, it is great to see a Ford pickup besides something in the F150 do well. As an ol' Mopar fan, I have always admire the quality build of Ford trucks. Read the articles and lets us know if this is a good omen for Mavericks.

1) https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2022-ford-ranger-is-crs-highest-rated-american-pickup-truck/
Ford Maverick A Good Omen for Maverick? 1638289100955

2) https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/f...t-initial-quality-in-mid-size-pickup-segment/
Ford Maverick A Good Omen for Maverick? 1638289173436
Sponsored

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Two articles about the Ranger that are good reads. The first, Consumer Reports picks 2022 Ford Ranger as its CR’s Highest Rated American Pickup Truck. The second, Ford Ranger Awarded Highest Initial Quality In Mid-Size Pickup Segment. I think the initial quality award bodes well for the Maverick, but I guess we will see. None-the-less, it is great to see a Ford pickup besides something in the F150 do well. As an ol' Mopar fan, I have always admire the quality build of Ford trucks. Read the articles and lets us know if this is a good omen for Mavericks.

1) https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2022-ford-ranger-is-crs-highest-rated-american-pickup-truck/
1638289100955.png

2) https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/f...t-initial-quality-in-mid-size-pickup-segment/
1638289173436.png
I think it's the Cyber Orange that makes it better...

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1638289100955.png

1638289173436.png
I think a better comparison might be the 2022 bronco sport. Consumer reports recommends it and rated it 5 of 25 among compact suvs. They tested it with the base 3 cylinder which likely counts against it in the score since they admit that the larger optional 4 cylinder makes it much smoother.

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think a better comparison might be the 2022 bronco sport. Consumer reports recommends it and rated it 5 of 25 among compact suvs. They tested it with the base 3 cylinder which likely counts against it in the score since they admit that the larger optional 4 cylinder makes it much smoother.
Great information. I'm just glad that Ford is performing well against competition. And just think, the Maverick is made in Far South Texas. 🇲🇽

Sponsored

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great information. I'm just glad that Ford is performing well against competition. And just think, the Maverick is made in Far South Texas. 🇲🇽
I am cautiously optimistic. The bronco sports seems to have gotten the bugs out reducing recalls from 5 to one from 2021 to 2022 production year so hopefully the Mavericks shared or similar components have benefited. Consumer reports bias against trucks is largely based on their ride and handling qualities. They factor in a rough ride along with everything else which is why Tacoma’s have always scored poorly with them.

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am cautiously optimistic. The bronco sports seems to have gotten the bugs out reducing recalls from 5 to one from 2021 to 2022 production year so hopefully the Mavericks shared or similar components have benefited. Consumer reports bias against trucks is largely based on their ride and handling qualities. They factor in a rough ride along with everything else which is why Tacoma’s have always scored poorly with them.
Consumer Reports have always had biased viewpoints. Probably will never change. That's one reason that the JD Powers initial quality reports seem to be a better indicator of reliability. But then, what do I know, I've driven many Mopars for the 55 years or so and never had a quality issue with them. Nor have I had quality issues with Fords or GMCs. I did have a new 1967 Chevy Impala battery ground come lose the first long trip I took. I've just never had quality issues with good ol' American cars...if there is such a thing anymore.
Sponsored