2.5L Hybrid

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I agree I pass then move back to the right. Now if I can get with a pack of vehicles and I'm traveling 50 plus miles on the e-way and then are going 80 plus I'm right there. Although out west there are some stretches in AZ I think where limit is 80.

On streets with traffic lights I rarely exceed the posted limit. If I do it's inadvertent.
When I was on vacation in Italy drivers would go slow in the left lane so I would pass then on the right and they would get pissed. I also almost rear ended several cars on the highway and figured it out, there were black boxes On the side of the road that would check their speed and send them a ticket. They would hit the brakes right before the boxes. I won’t even get into driving in Rome. Wow that was crazy.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost.... This is my mileage with first stop at the gas station

IMG_8035.jpg
With my second tank I am not as great, after roughly 200 miles I am at 38mpg. Maybe the gas quality is not that great, but I havent change anything on my driving style/behavior.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the XL Hybrid have this kind of information on its smaller LCD panel?
Neither Xl nor XLT have the electric mileage driven for Trip 1 and Trip2, you only get it per trip from the time you start the vehicle until you shut it down.

OP
OP
Mavforever

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With my second tank I am not as great, after roughly 200 miles I am at 38mpg. Maybe the gas quality is not that great, but I havent change anything on my driving style/behavior.
I’m sure it varies, I’m also experimenting with eco mode now and then on my second tank. Great mileage.

Sponsored

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My MPG keeps going down, meanwhile I am at 36mpg with 240 miles. The only explanation I have is that I have less freeway miles and more short trips up and down the hill. With this tank, I think I will barley get 500 miles.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My MPG keeps going down, meanwhile I am at 36mpg with 240 miles. The only explanation I have is that I have less freeway miles and more short trips up and down the hill. With this tank, I think I will barley get 500 miles.
Def seems with hybrids there is more variability between tanks. It's all about the yearly average in my mind. Esp being in WI where the winter months will tank my hybrid mpg

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Def seems with hybrids there is more variability between tanks. It's all about the yearly average in my mind. Esp being in WI where the winter months will tank my hybrid mpg
Speaking of cold weather, I finally could look into the engine bay while the gas engine was running to keep the heater on. I was super impressed. I was expecting everything will shake and rattle but there was hardly any shaking or movement in the engine bay.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of cold weather, I finally could look into the engine bay while the gas engine was running to keep the heater on. I was super impressed. I was expecting everything will shake and rattle but there was hardly any shaking or movement in the engine bay.
I wouldn't expect there to be but good to know. That 2.5 duratec is so under-stressed to begin with

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Def seems with hybrids there is more variability between tanks.
When asked, I tell folks I get between 30 and 60 mpg. Hot vs. cold, fast vs. slow; it's easy to do!!

Sponsored

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to get to 600! The best so far is 503. Might be tough with the kind of driving I do and my environment. Lots of big hills in my local community. Then its 75mph on hwy if/when I ever have to go to office.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL take a chill pill:)

Was just talking about the same kinda thing with some folks. Sense of humor is offensive to numerous people. When I was was young lad we told jokes about everything that is verboten now. I'm polish and my friends were brutal. I gave it right back. We are still friends.

The reality is driving 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane and not moving over is what makes our highways unsafe. :)
I thought it was funny...

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't give a mile per tank number on mine yet but what I can say is, It's been 2 years and I haven't had to refuel yet. Took delivery of mine New Years eve.
Sponsored