Sponsored

6 days of ownership and I get rear ended.

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, after 10 months of waiting and 6 days of ownership, I get rear ended at a stop sign. My beautiful Alto Blue Lariat.....

Very minor, but the bumper got a nice little hole, the trailer plugs are caved in, and the hitch receiver took the brunt. I'm worried about the receiver being hit and what that could have done underneath. I have the 4K tow but I don't know what that does to the design of the receiver. My fingers are crossed.

I've never screamed F*ck so loud in my life right after being hit, haha.

Ford Maverick 6 days of ownership and I get rear ended. 20221108_182642
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sucks but at least it's not totaled.
Depends. There was the one user who got rear ended and didn't appear to have major damage but the rear frame rails had buckled resulting in being totalled out.

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends. There was the one user who got rear ended and didn't appear to have major damage but the rear frame rails had buckled resulting in being totalled out.
That's my fear (hopefully unfounded). I'm going to have it closely inspected because I don't want any doubt about it's integrity after the accident. I want to be fully confident when I tow in the future.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for your Mav damage.

Just curious. As I recall you had a thread on which commute route to take. We mentioned accidents of the city vs. rural routes. Were you in your commute and, if so, which route? Do not get me wrong, I still was leaning for the urban route because of mileage differences despite accident considerations. So not a "told you so". Just curious and feel free to tell me to buzz off if this email is out of place.

Reactions: mdf

Sponsored

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for your Mav damage.

Just curious. As I recall you had a thread on which commute route to take. We mentioned accidents of the city vs. rural routes. Were you in your commute and, if so, which route? Do not get me wrong, I still was leaning for the urban route because of mileage differences despite accident considerations. So not a "told you so". Just curious and feel free to tell me to buzz off if this email is out of place.
HAHA that is an excellent point! I was on the short "city" route during my commute home. This is definitly more evidence that city driving has increased accident risk (no idea if that's actually true).

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
🙁 Makes my heart hurt to see this happening to loyal New Maverick Owners.

This too shall pass. Hang in there.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no idea what happened recently but people by me tailgate and drive like they are on drugs (I go 5 over at least !) tbh the fear of them hitting me makes me road rage lmfao

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no idea what happened recently but people by me tailgate and drive like they are on drugs (I go 5 over at least !) tbh the fear of them hitting me makes me road rage lmfao
I've noticed a definite decline in driving ability where I live over the last few years. People are doing some crazy sh*t lately. I watched 3 cars in a row pass a truck over double yellow blind turns and blow through stop signs while doing it. I've also started to see more and more "red light" is optional behavior. Not a "yellow turned to red" situation, more like people are now straight up just going from a dead stop when the light is red and weaving through traffic. I see it at least a few times a week. Feels like the slow decay of civilized society haha.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed a definite decline in driving ability where I live over the last few years. People are doing some crazy sh*t lately. I watched 3 cars in a row pass a truck over double yellow blind turns and blow through stop signs while doing it. I've also started to see more and more "red light" is optional behavior. Not a "yellow turned to red" situation, more like people are now straight up just going from a dead stop when the light is red and weaving through traffic. I see it at least a few times a week. Feels like the slow decay of civilized society haha.
I agree with you
I think it's part of the entitled society we live in. My sister regularly parks in handicapped spaces saying its ok because she is getting something for our disabled Dad. I was pissed but she still thinks it's ok. Hope her car gets towed.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you
I think it's part of the entitled society we live in. My sister regularly parks in handicapped spaces saying its ok because she is getting something for our disabled Dad. I was pissed but she still thinks it's ok. Hope her car gets towed.
Only allowed if the individual assigned the handicap placard/plate is in the vehicle, otherwise that's the very definition of illegal...

If I drive my grandmother to the grocery store? That's what it's for.

I'm running to the store without her, but to pick something up for her? Nope.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could have been a lot worse! I backed mine into some steel cables that were part of a parking garage partition. Made a very loud TWANG like a guitar and a loud thump but fortune smiled that day and no damage.

Glad nobody was hurt.

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could have been a lot worse! I backed mine into some steel cables that were part of a parking garage partition. Made a very loud TWANG like a guitar and a loud thump but fortune smiled that day and no damage.

Glad nobody was hurt.
Yes I consider myself lucky in that regard. I've seen people upside down on the freeway and I'm glad it wasn't like that.

I was babying it during break-in period so much that the impact felt a lot worse than it looks to be (fingers crossed).

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only allowed if the individual assigned the handicap placard/plate is in the vehicle, otherwise that's the very definition of illegal...

If I drive my grandmother to the grocery store? That's what it's for.

I'm running to the store without her, but to pick something up for her? Nope.
The thing is she does have the placard hanging from her mirror. I was the one who got it for my dad. She thinks it's ok even when I told her it's illegal. It's supposed to stay at my dad's home so others can use it when transporting my Dad. But it's always in her car. She will argue with me forever about it. Her name should be Karen. Point is there seems to be many more people who don't give a rats ass about other people now.

tellyouwhat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick Hybrid Alto Lux BAP 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see was wet in the pic, you from socal? was raining like crazy yesterday. Painful to see damage on that alto after just 6 days! Some douche ran into my wife’s new Honda Pilot yesterday morning. a lot more damage on the other car and thankfully she was ok. people can’t drive in the rain.
Sponsored