6,000 lb Maverick?

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Does anyone know if there’s any configuration of the Maverick that would hit 6,000 lbs? I was wondering if maybe adding the bed cover would get it there.

Reason is, trucks/suvs that are over that weight can be used as a decent write off if used at least 50% of the time for business purposes. You can look up section 179 of the tax law for more info. But it’s as simple as that according to my accountant.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Maverick weighs 3600 - 3700 pounds. Sounds like you want an F-150.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even loaded with max payload the Maverick won't get near 6,000 so no you're not going to be able to find a configuration that heavy. An F-150 tops out at around 5,000.

OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
?? The Mavericks curb weight is like 3600 pounds. That bed cover would have to be made out of lead.
Lol I see different numbers everywhere. According to google the GVWR is about 5,200.
Ford Maverick 6,000 lb Maverick? B76B6E0F-B62B-4672-8D0C-229FA36C3CCA

Sponsored

OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Even loaded with max payload the Maverick won't get near 6,000 so no you're not going to be able to find a configuration that heavy. An F-150 tops out at around 5,000.
Are GVWR and actual weight different? I’m seeing different numbers everywhere.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
GVWR is what it weighs with max cargo. Curb weight is empty (mav is about 3500 gcwr).
Thank you. I believe my accountant said GVWR but I’ll have to double check. Still a little light for that though I guess

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. I believe my accountant said GVWR but I’ll have to double check. Still a little light for that though I guess
I do not know but ask your CPA. If gvwr is less than 6k lbs you could not load it legally to that amount and most likely your insurance policy forbids it. If it is loaded past gvwr the insurance might have to pay claims but if they did they would have the right to sue to get their money back from you and whomever actually loaded it. I would expect if you purchased the truck along with a trailer as a dedicated hauler with a combined load limit in excess of 6k, licensed it, insured it, and operated it as such then he could probably depreciate it. Ask him.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I do not know but ask your CPA. If gvwr is less than 6k lbs you could not load it legally to that amount and most likely your insurance policy forbids it. If it is loaded past gvwr the insurance might have to pay claims but if they did they would have the right to sue to get their money back from you and whomever actually loaded it. I would expect if you purchased the truck along with a trailer as a dedicated hauler with a combined load limit in excess of 6k, licensed it, insured it, and operated it as such then he could probably depreciate it. Ask him.
good info, thanks again. I’ll clarify for sure.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I see different numbers everywhere. According to google the GVWR is about 5,200.
B76B6E0F-B62B-4672-8D0C-229FA36C3CCA.png
You're right, section 179 deals with GVWR. But that's a rating set by Ford (and/or maybe the government?). I don't think you can arbitrarily change it yourself by overloading the vehicle.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
add an ibc 275gallon tote, fill with <something>, and add a delivery method aka pump. Bingo. water is roughly 8.5 pounds a gallon, it'll add up :p. By no means ethical to use loopholes to avoid paying taxes but hey, to each their own.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
add an ibc 275gallon tote, fill with <something>, and add a delivery method aka pump. Bingo. water is roughly 8.5 pounds a gallon, it'll add up :p. By no means ethical to use loopholes to avoid paying taxes but hey, to each their own.
That would make the vehicle heavier, it would not change its maximum weight rating.

That's kind of like saying that if you have a 5 gallon bucket and you pour 8 gallons of water into it then you will suddenly have an 8 gallon bucket. In reality you still have a 5 gallon bucket, you have just exceeded its maximum capacity (and made a mess). The tax law is based on the 5 gallon rating the bucket has, not on how much water you claim you poured into it.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
?? The Mavericks curb weight is like 3600 pounds. That bed cover would have to be made out of lead.
Cheat taxes with this one simple trick, governments hate him!

Step 1: Buy two Mavericks
Step 2: Weld them into one long boi
Step 3: Put on scale
Step 4: Profit.

Ford Maverick 6,000 lb Maverick? 004
Sponsored