First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered Oct 1 2021. Scheduled for production Nov 7 2022, pushed back to December, then back to confirmed with no word from Ford. Havenā€™t gotten any emails since. Anyone else have this happen?

Edit - Ah nevermind, I see a lot of similar posts now.
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think this is where ā€œallocationsā€ have a lot to do with wait times, but Iā€™m by no means an expert on the subject, this is what has me the most confused.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered Oct 1 2021. Scheduled for production Nov 7 2022, pushed back to December, then back to confirmed with no word from Ford. Havenā€™t gotten any emails since. Anyone else have this happen?

Edit - Ah nevermind, I see a lot of similar posts now.
Are you a 2022 scheduled order that wasn't able to be made? You should have been rolled over as a 2023 order at the front of the line but only if your dealer was on top of things.

OP
OP
imnotafish

imnotafish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you a 2022 scheduled order that wasn't able to be made? You should have been rolled over as a 2023 order at the front of the line but only if your dealer was on top of things.
I worked with the dealer to convert to 23 and the production scheduling and unscheduling happened after that, but I never got a message from Ford about the conversion. It is a smaller dealer so Don806s comment about allocation probably plays a role.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Makes sense if your order was rolled over even if it was a scheduled 2022 order that it would be unscheduled for 2023. But you would think rollover 2022 orders would take precedence, but I guess that's only if your dealer coded rollover 2022 orders to be higher priority than new 2023 orders. But we know there are plenty of dealerships that coded everyone's 2023 orders at the same priority level, so rollover 2022s get tossed into the back of the line which sucks.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When my 2022 cancelled VIN got moved to a 2023 I never got any emails from Ford. I just randomly got a call from my dealer telling me my truck was on the way.

I'd be surprised if you weren't at least scheduled right now with a cancelled VIN, so I'd call my dealer if I were you and ask if there is an update. Alternatively, since Ford reused the order numbers if they could with the cancelled VINs, reach out to Ford customer service maybe?

OP
OP
imnotafish

imnotafish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my 2022 cancelled VIN got moved to a 2023 I never got any emails from Ford. I just randomly got a call from my dealer telling me my truck was on the way.

I'd be surprised if you weren't at least scheduled right now with a cancelled VIN, so I'd call my dealer if I were you and ask if there is an update. Alternatively, since Ford reused the order numbers if they could with the cancelled VINs, reach out to Ford customer service maybe?
Ah, thanks! I hadnā€™t seen people were getting new VINs. Iā€™ll give that a try.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah if you were a canceled VIN you were probably scheduled already. I was rescheduled immediately in November and most if not all have new dates at least.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ah, thanks! I hadnā€™t seen people were getting new VINs. Iā€™ll give that a try.
Yeah, the VIN you were originally assigned when you got scheduled was a 2022 number, and had to get re-issued when you were moved to a 2023 since VINs are linked to model year.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah if you were a canceled VIN you were probably scheduled already. I was rescheduled immediately in November and most if not all have new dates at least.
Was this an automatic process for 2022 canceled VINs? I forget the specifics of that drama, but that would really suck if it was dependent on dealerships for canceled 2022 VINs to submit 2023 orders for it to be rescheduled for 2023. If that was the case, then there definitely were some people who fell through the cracks.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was this an automatic process for 2022 canceled VINs? I forget the specifics of that drama, but that would really suck if it was dependent on dealerships for canceled 2022 VINs to submit 2023 orders for it to be rescheduled for 2023. If that was the case, then there definitely were some people who fell through the cracks.
So new orders were automatically generated for the cancelled VINs, but the dealer had to move them from priority 99 back to priority 10 after the person approved any changes (since the 2023 options are different than the 2022 ones).

Like I had to re-add my remote start, bed rails, and SIBL that were removed from the xlt lux package.

The worst case scenario here is that the dealer didn't follow ford's instructions last November, but the order should still exist -- and he should talk to his dealer about it.

OP
OP
imnotafish

imnotafish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, the VIN you were originally assigned when you got scheduled was a 2022 number, and had to get re-issued when you were moved to a 2023 since VINs are linked to model year.
Traegorn you were spot on, there was a new VIN and it is scheduled for build, they just didnā€™t didnt tell me or the dealer any of that information, and the old cancelled VIN still shows up when searched. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well that's good news for once. When is the scheduled build week for your order on the new VIN?

OP
OP
imnotafish

imnotafish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was expecting the worst as well. Itā€™s set for 4/14, but after reading other peopleā€™s experiences of multiple production moves and long ship times Iā€™m not going be selling my vehicle or buying any accessories just yet.
Sponsored