Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I am doing mostly highway or mixed. City only supposedly is rated i think 25 MPG so if that is the case the hybrid maybe the better option in that case if gas usage is an issue.

I would have considered a hybrid but I needed the extra towing capacity so it became a no go for me. If they offer an AWD and tow package on the next gen(s) models with a hybrid engine I might considering trading this one in and upgrading at that point and time.
It would seem that at some point they would have the hybrid or a full electric with 4 wheel drive and towing package.
Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review and some good points to think about.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, I noticed the camera thing. If the tail gate is down and you have the backing assist on it will also beep. I guess it's because of the camera or sensor seeing the ground.
The back up sensors are only on Lariats.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow how on earth are you getting such good MPG on the ecoboost? Is it even rated that high normally?
My XL EB FWD has gotten 30+MPG from day 1. I just made another trip to W.Va including interstate and curvy mountain roads and averaged 29.5 with 4 adults and luggage. Almost 3k miles so far and it seems to be getting better as I go. Really impressed with the 2.0 EB.

Ford Maverick 5000+ miles, so how is it? 2.0 Maverick owners review KIMG3042.JPG

Ford Maverick 5000+ miles, so how is it? 2.0 Maverick owners review KIMG3025.JPG

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Checking at over 10k but under 15k so far in mileage. The only major changes in driving I've done since the initial review is
1. Make more use of eco mode which really does boost my gas mileage by about 2 to 3 MPG for hwy and combined hwy/city driving.

2. Make more use of Cruise Control since I've modded the truck. I could easily live without it but it is a nice luxury to have driving 10+ mile stretches on rural and mountain roads like the US hwy roads around here.

Only issue I've experienced too is every once in awhile and is usually when the weather is bad, if I have the HVAC fan set to auto I'll get some really nasty smelling stuff like exhaust or antifreeze in the cabin to the point I have to open the windows. Once I shut it off and turn the the fan back on after letting it sit for a minute or so it will go away and in the worst case when it hasn't switching out of auto mode for the fan has cleared it. So far it has happened 2 times.

My one major complaint still is lack of visibility for the back of the bed. I can't see anything that hangs over the bed when the tailgate is open from the mirrors or even the back up camera which sucks and I am being kind here in my assessment of that camera. Nothing worse than having 12 or even 14 ft pieces of lumber sticking out the bed and having to guess how wide a turn radius needs to be in tighter spots.

Last edited:

AJS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got 8,000 miles now; still love it, one major thing is the windshield wipers. The control looks old and you can't fold them out from windshield to clear snow and ice. Other than that, best decision.
Sponsored