First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang( 03 Cobra, 18 GT)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wasn't sure i could get it done, driving it daily to and from work. My work round trip is about 60 miles and of those 60 miles about 12 are city, the rest is Dallas area highways. A few notes:
1. To work often had at least 3 miles of stop and go traffic during the highway portions.
2.To Home was usually at night, with no traffic(this is where i often would pick up most of my mpg)
3. It took a lot of manipulation of the MPG bar tracker(idk what its called the line that moves back and forth), if i saw i was too far below my average, i would let off the gas to coast a bit.
4. Utilized the Co-pilot Cruise control feature a lot.
5.Ford Pass driving analysis sucks. If it even worked it was often dead wrong. It would count simply letting off the gas as hard breaking.
6. It was generously topped off during fill up.

Ford Maverick 500 Miles Per Tank! 30.2 Mpg Lariat AWD 2.0 Ecoboost FX4 30m
Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This I like. Thanks for sharing! I hope to get close to 500 miles per tank.

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's excellent. Regarding # 6. "It was generously topped off during fill up." , someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought it was not a good idea to "top off" your gas tank as if can flood and damage the vapor recovery system.

Deleted member 9552

That's excellent. Regarding # 6. "It was generously topped off during fill up." , someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought it was not a good idea to "top off" your gas tank as if can flood and damage the vapor recovery system.
Yes it can flood... I resemble that remark. $$$

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had 500+ on my very first tank, but haven't repeated to date. Of course it turned cold and MPGs dropped over the winter, they are now ticking back up so come Spring/Summer with longer trips I expect to do as well or better!

Sponsored

Laricat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome! These are some good numbers that I hope I can repeat whenever I get mine.

Thanks for sharing!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Very nice!!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't sure i could get it done, driving it daily to and from work. My work round trip is about 60 miles and of those 60 miles about 12 are city, the rest is Dallas area highways. A few notes:
1. To work often had at least 3 miles of stop and go traffic during the highway portions.
2.To Home was usually at night, with no traffic(this is where i often would pick up most of my mpg)
3. It took a lot of manipulation of the MPG bar tracker(idk what its called the line that moves back and forth), if i saw i was too far below my average, i would let off the gas to coast a bit.
5.Ford Pass driving analysis sucks. If it even worked it was often dead wrong. It would count simply letting off the gas as hard breaking.

30mpg.jpg
who is the man right on dude

Ford Maverick 500 Miles Per Tank! 30.2 Mpg Lariat AWD 2.0 Ecoboost FX4 1648228492637

Sponsored

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

30mpg.jpg
I'm getting 29 (AWD & 4K Tow) and I drive 50 miles RT to/from work with about 15 miles city and the rest on I95 in Jacksonville FL (where everybody drives 80). If I draft I can get 30 plus. My Tacoma only got 20-22 and had less than 400 miles of range.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting 29 (AWD & 4K Tow) and I drive 50 miles RT to/from work with about 15 miles city and the rest on I95 in Jacksonville FL (where everybody drives 80). If I draft I can get 30 plus. My Tacoma only got 20-22 and had less than 400 miles of range.
Drafting is key.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You guys are killing it! I recently discovered eco mode and I am routinely averaging 27.5mpg.
I'm leary of eco mode. In other vehicles I've recently driven, the drive train bogs down a lot before the tranny will downshift to include 2.3l eb Ranger (2021) and a 2.5l 8 speed Camry (2021). And few years ago, I read extensively about chronic torque converter/ tranny damage (2012-2014 camry, RAV4, focus, etc.)due to bogging down drive trains and any vehicle which seems to regularly bog down would seem to be risking early transmission failure. In vehicles running sport mode, the trans doesn't seem to bog down. So risking a problematic trans verses getting 1 or 2 more mpg in city driving under economy mode isn't a good trade-off in my book.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm leary of eco mode. In other vehicles I've recently driven, the drive train bogs down a lot before the tranny will downshift to include 2.3l eb Ranger (2021) and a 2.5l 8 speed Camry (2021). And few years ago, I read extensively about chronic torque converter/ tranny damage (2012-2014 camry, RAV4, focus, etc.)due to bogging down drive trains and any vehicle which seems to regularly bog down would seem to be risking early transmission failure. In vehicles running sport mode, the trans doesn't seem to bog down. So risking a problematic trans verses getting 1 or 2 more mpg in city driving under economy mode isn't a good trade-off in my book.
My FIL was also saying this!

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL EB FWD in my first week of daily driving on rural roads. Can't complain about 30 MPG. I drove 2 days using ECO mode, which was only slightly better on MPG but the shifts were much softer and hunting compared to NORMAL mode. I did not see an appreciable benefit to ECO mode.

Ford Maverick 500 Miles Per Tank! 30.2 Mpg Lariat AWD 2.0 Ecoboost FX4 KIMG3025.JPG
Sponsored