• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Put 500 miles on the Raptor this morning and just wanted to drop a few pics and share my thoughts on the truck.

Likes - The motor in this truck is beyond amazing. Thing pulls and has plenty of get up and go. I don’t notice any turbo lag in it. Tried a few different modes the sport and slippery. Sport mode definitely is a sport mode 🤣. Keeps the revs up with a more sensitive throttle and just wants to go. Slippery mode was awesome in the snowfall we got earlier this week. Feels like it takes half the sensitivity out of the pedal and feels really good on slick roads. I’m a short 5’8” as is my wife and the room is the biggest I’ve had in a midsize truck. Plenty of room in the back for myself with the front seat adjusted for me. Adjustments in the front seat are awesome and can get comfortable. Not the case in my prior 3rd Gen Tacoma. Sounds really good, I was afraid it would be too loud and sound like a v6. Sounds like a v6 but it’s a nice sound. Thing turns heads that’s for sure. Don’t know how many times I catch people breaking their necks getting a second look. Obviously it’s an amazing looking machine so that’s a given!! Getting 16.9 mpg which is pretty good considering the spirited driving I’ve had. I'm sure it’ll get the advertised numbers no problem. That said we don’t buy these trucks for the mpg’s though.

Dislikes - Few of these are simple fixes. First I have a rattle in my center console that’ll drive a guy nuts. Something inside I can’t get to. Need to pop it open and take a look. Second is the one of the bed fender flares don’t fit the best. Can probably be loosened up and re-adjusted. Noticed when accelerating between 15-30 somewhere it has a weird “glitch” in the acceleration. Can see it in the RPMs. Dealer filled it with 87 (inside cap says 87+) and I since put 91 back in it. Hopefully that’ll smooth it out a bit. Doesn’t do it under harder acceleration. I’ve always had a habit when pulling up to a curb to put it in neutral and roll into the curb. Can do this just make sure ya stop and put it in neutral first. Tried this last weekend and an error came up said my parking brake had a malfunction and need serviced. Truck wouldn’t release the brake but after flipping the switch for a few minutes it finally released and message went away. Luckily I was at the donut shop so had a donut while I messed with it 😃. This is just an fyi not really a complaint.

Overall really enjoying this truck. It’s a blast to drive and every time ya park it she always gets a look back!!

Ford Ranger 500 Mile 2024 Raptor Owner Review IMG_3265

Ford Ranger 500 Mile 2024 Raptor Owner Review IMG_3268

Ford Ranger 500 Mile 2024 Raptor Owner Review IMG_3266

Ford Ranger 500 Mile 2024 Raptor Owner Review IMG_3267

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Put 500 miles on the Raptor this morning and just wanted to drop a few pics and share my thoughts on the truck.

Likes - The motor in this truck is beyond amazing. Thing pulls and has plenty of get up and go. I don’t notice any turbo lag in it. Tried a few different modes the sport and slippery. Sport mode definitely is a sport mode 🤣. Keeps the revs up with a more sensitive throttle and just wants to go. Slippery mode was awesome in the snowfall we got earlier this week. Feels like it takes half the sensitivity out of the pedal and feels really good on slick roads. I’m a short 5’8” as is my wife and the room is the biggest I’ve had in a midsize truck. Plenty of room in the back for myself with the front seat adjusted to for me. Adjustments in the front seat are awesome and can get comfortable. Not the case in my prior 3rd Gen Tacoma. Sounds really good, I was afraid it would be too loud and sound like a v6. Sounds like a v6 but it’s a nice sound. Thing turns heads that’s for sure. Don’t know how many times I catch people breaking their necks getting a second look. Obviously it’s an amazing looking machine so that’s a given!! Getting 16.9 mpg which is pretty good considering the spirited driving I’ve had. I'm sure it’ll get the advertised numbers no problem. That said we don’t buy these trucks for the mpg’s though.

Dislikes - Few of these are simple fixes. First I have a rattle in my center console that’ll drive a guy nuts. Something inside I can’t get to. Need to pop it open and take a look. Second is the one of the bed fender flares don’t fit the best. Can probably be loosened up and re-adjusted. Noticed when accelerating between 15-30 somewhere it has a weird “glitch” in the acceleration. Can see it in the RPMs. Dealer filled it with 87 (inside cap says 87+) and I since put 91 back in it. Hopefully that’ll smooth it out a bit. Doesn’t do it under harder acceleration. I’ve always had a habit when pulling up to a curb to put it in neutral and roll into the curb. Can do this just make sure ya stop and put it in neutral first. Tried this last weekend and an error came up said my parking brake had a malfunction and need serviced. Truck wouldn’t release the brake but after flipping the switch for a few minutes it finally released and message went away. Luckily I was at the donut shop so had a donut while I messed with it 😃. This is just an fyi not really a complaint.

Overall really enjoying this truck. It’s a blast to drive and every time ya park it she always gets a look back!!

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg
Very, very nice. Glad you're loving it. Looks exactly like what I have built and am wtg to be shipped. Makes me more excited.

Hope u keep loving it and have lots of fun with it.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
your last statement is what i tell everyone. If you drive something that when you park you don't look back at it because you love it - YOU'RE DRIVING THE WRONG VEHICLE.

3wheelkhalil

First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Raptor
Thanks for the quick review! Great taste in trucks and music I see.

OP
OP
Xyotafella

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
your last statement is what i tell everyone. If you drive something that when you park you don't look back at it because you love it - YOU'RE DRIVING THE WRONG VEHICLE.
Couldn’t agree more man. Like that good looking woman when she walks away ya always look back 🤣

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Can you change the color of the interior lights? The pics make it look like you have orange lights, nothing wrong with that just wondering

OP
OP
Xyotafella

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Can you change the color of the interior lights? The pics make it look like you have orange lights, nothing wrong with that just wondering
Not that I have found. They are a orangish color like the picture. But ya I wanted to show those cause I’ve found like one video of it. They look nice at night but wouldn’t of been my first choice in color

KayaPayaPigDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Shelter Green
Occupation
US Navy

Likes - The motor in this truck is beyond amazing. Thing pulls and has plenty of get up and go. I don’t notice any turbo lag in it. Tried a few different modes the sport and slippery. Sport mode definitely is a sport mode 🤣. Keeps the revs up with a more sensitive throttle and just wants to go. Slippery mode was awesome in the snowfall we got earlier this week. Feels like it takes half the sensitivity out of the pedal and feels really good on slick roads. I’m a short 5’8” as is my wife and the room is the biggest I’ve had in a midsize truck. Plenty of room in the back for myself with the front seat adjusted for me. Adjustments in the front seat are awesome and can get comfortable. Not the case in my prior 3rd Gen Tacoma. Sounds really good, I was afraid it would be too loud and sound like a v6. Sounds like a v6 but it’s a nice sound. Thing turns heads that’s for sure. Don’t know how many times I catch people breaking their necks getting a second look. Obviously it’s an amazing looking machine so that’s a given!! Getting 16.9 mpg which is pretty good considering the spirited driving I’ve had. I'm sure it’ll get the advertised numbers no problem. That said we don’t buy these trucks for the mpg’s though.

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg
beautiful truck! great review... i have 300 miles on mine and did a video review of it on my drive into work today... gonna edit and post it this evening. there are tons of things i love about it and a few that could use a quick look at how to fix.

OP
OP
Xyotafella

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
beautiful truck! great review... i have 300 miles on mine and did a video review of it on my drive into work today... gonna edit and post it this evening. there are tons of things i love about it and a few that could use a quick look at how to fix.
Sweet I’ll check it out when ya post it. Nice to finally have some content on them

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse-Mach E GTPE-Ranger Raptor 🤞
The 10 speed is a learning transmission so hopefully it will fix itself on the shifting. Thanks for sharing.

FarmGirl

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Looks wonderful! I wonder if those interior lights are available on the non-Raptor Ranger? They look really cool

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Looks wonderful! I wonder if those interior lights are available on the non-Raptor Ranger? They look really cool
Lariat has them but I think they are blue called Ambient Lighting

OP
OP
Xyotafella

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Ya the Lariat and Raptor trims have the ambient lighting!