Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your math skills are very suspect.

100 minutes at 14 MPH travels 23.3 miles not 50 miles.

1h 41m 57s is 101.95 minutes or 1.7 hours

50.8 miles in 1.7 hours is 29.9 MPH average
I didn’t breakdown the 1h 41min , but I got in the ball park at 29.43 MPH. Ahhh what are the chances that anyone will drive an average of 29 MPH.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Without the hybrid you'll be lucky to even get 30 on the hwy. I average 35 + in the city alone in my 100% petrol Honda. I do run premium but only to get the range, under a 11 gallon tank I'm cruising over 424 miles.

Sadly the Honda is a dog, but what utility. With the blessings (of you know who) I'm looking towards the Maverick in 2025. Hybrid of course, it would be my last vehicle. I'm building a camper and hitting the road, hope to die somewhere quiet alone and not in a old folks home being abused, humiliated and robbed by low-lives at minimum wage.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t breakdown the 1h 41min , but I got in the ball park at 29.43 MPH. Ahhh what are the chances that anyone will drive an average of 29 MPH.
Ford Maverick 50 MPG in 50 Miles for Hybrid Maverick says Levine Futurama Fry 27092021015831

If in the city, this is very likely. I have a 6-8 mile commute. I can either take the highway and drive an extra mile or two or I can take a semi residential road that has speed limits between 35-45mph, many stop lights, and is a shorter distance. Similar commute time. I'm going to start driving the shorter distance and I'm pretty sure my average speed will easily be in the 30mph range.

Also, I don't think that hyper mileing in this situation use going to bug anyone. I look ahead, don't keep using gas if the light is red. Besides, there are multiple Lanes on every part of this commute. You can find me doing the speed limit in the right one leaving the left one open for someone who wants to go faster. 🤷‍♂️

Every situation is different; to each their own. For me, 30mph average seems very likely.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you are doing 0 MPH when stopped at Red Lights for minutes or in rush hour traffic 29 MPH average is more than possible.

Seeing that 50% of the total miles traveled were all electric I can sure see being stopped or crawling in rush hour traffic as the main reason for the the 29 MPG and the 50 MPG result.

Too bad there wasn't a Maverick with an EcoBoost going on the same trip together with the Hybrid. The MPG numbers between the two would be interesting.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mike Levine drove 50 miles in Nashville and got 50mpg. I think hybrid owners will be very happy.

SmartSelect_20210926-122427_Twitter.jpg
That’s great to see the Maverick will live up to the hype.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your math skills are very suspect.

100 minutes at 14 MPH travels 23.3 miles not 50 miles.

1h 41m 57s is 101.95 minutes or 1.7 hours

50.8 miles in 1.7 hours is 29.9 MPH average
Thanks for the simple math lesson.. My reasoning for the 14mph number is for anyone who has ever driven in Nashville; If your downtown your lucky to exceed 15mph which is where the tourists are and where he was probably showing off the Maverick. As you travel slightly out of downtown on city streets (around Vanderbilt or near the Titans stadium its more like 30-40mph)

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does the computer calculate MPG. Is it only counting gas (So he did 25 miles on 0.5 gallons) or is it including electric miles (The gas engine got 25 miles on 1 gallon)?
How do I interpret 50 miles under electric. The battery is tiny and can't possibly push you 25 miles. So that means the gas engine and regen braking is putting power back but? how does that equate to 50% electric. That seems misleading?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
My wifes car says..19mph avg(all city)... So 29 mph I would ass/u/me is a suburb type driving...more 35-45 area's mixed with stop and go

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do I interpret 50 miles under electric. The battery is tiny and can't possibly push you 25 miles. So that means the gas engine and regen braking is putting power back but? how does that equate to 50% electric. That seems misleading?
I mean, technically almost all of the Maverick's electric power comes from gasoline (The small exception being down hill regen braking). The point isn't that you're using 'pure' electrical power, but that you're reclaiming gas power that would have otherwise been wasted by heating your brake pads or idling your engine.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, technically almost all of the Maverick's electric power comes from gasoline (The small exception being down hill regen braking). The point isn't that you're using 'pure' electrical power, but that you're reclaiming gas power that would have otherwise been wasted by heating your brake pads or idling your engine.
Yeah. Really, every single bit of charge comes from gas. Unless you have an electric car tow it to the top of a hill, even the regen you do going down the hill is kinetic energy that was made possible by the gas engine.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It calculates both, ICE and Elec but he must have been hypermiling to get those numbers.
I got similar numbers, it was not that difficult. Gotta be conscious of using regen breaking to its full potential and avoiding jack-rabbit starts. I really love the Hybrid.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Real world MPG will vary widely by person. I’ve seen people say they get 70MPG in an 11 Prius. I’ve rarely seen 50 and I can’t get above 41 now. I wish we could see a Maverick with 100k miles and a list of all services plus MPG for the entire time. If they had 3 shifts driving one on multiple routes non stop other than maintenance this could have been done by now (or nearly done) on a pre-production unit.
Sponsored