First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't recall entering that, but it wouldn't be the first time I did something without remembering.

I would like my Maverick ASAP. My current Ford focus is still holding on, but I just had to get new battery and AC blower... Don't want to keep putting money into it.

That being said, as long as I can get good value for my current car without it going bad before, I'll be happy whenever.
I need a new AC blower but I'm not dropping any money into my 2008. I made it thru the dead of summer without AC so I'm happy. It may be harder to sell here in Dallas though without being able to put on craigslist "AC BLOW COLD!" I'm planning on lowballing every other 2008 A4 when I finally sell her.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a new AC blower but I'm not dropping any money into my 2008. I made it thru the dead of summer without AC so I'm happy. It may be harder to sell here in Dallas though without being able to put on craigslist "AC BLOW COLD!" I'm planning on lowballing every other 2008 A4 when I finally sell her.
I'll see what I can get from my focus and, to if worst comes to worst, trade.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not in a old folks home being abused, humiliated and robbed by low-lives at minimum wage.
My aunt Pearl (estranged from the family) worked in an old-folks home until she was in her 70s.

I first met her after she quit working. But I can tell you one thing, she was not a low-life.

Anyway, your comment had nothing to do with mileage.

It's just you trying to find somebody to listen to your opinions.

Good luck with that...

Last edited:

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
My aunt Pearl (estranged from the family) worked in an old-folks home

A regular pillar of the community uh. :) Don't take it personnel but like most things in America them days are long gone. You'll be lucky to get a baloney sandwich on Sunday for dinner.
As they bleed you dry for every dime in insurance you may have, and if's only Medicare you might as well kill yourself before they cart you off.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of you paying attention he has 466 miles to empty. This is calculated bt average mpg over the last 500. He has just shy of a full tank. So let's call it 13 gallons. 466/13 equals 35....that is damn good

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's just you trying to find somebody to listen to your opinions.

Good luck with that...
Don't take it personally. There seems to be a lot of people here who want to interact on the forum like its facebook, spitting off random, poorly thought out tangents on a whim that serve primarily to bolster their own status by disparaging random strangers and groups.

Kind of makes me nostalgic for the good old days of the forum, pre-social media, where we just invoked Godwin's Law and moved on.

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
466/13 equals 35....that is damn good

For something with a payload of 1500 lbs. or tow 2000, oh yeah. And don't forget whatever the EPA numbers shake out to they will be conservative. It's done that way to play it safe from all the years the manufactures where lying through their teeth. That's how and why the EPA ever got involved.

But lets talk that payload for a minute, a Chevrolet Colorado which is a bemouth next to it that barely gets over that in a truck body. We have a unibody construction that's rated for 600 lbs. more than a Nissan Frontier even with a V6.

It's simply incredible what Ford has done here. And for the first time in years, a vehicle specifically design for the American market.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For something with a payload of 1500 lbs. or tow 2000, oh yeah. And don't forget whatever the EPA numbers shake out to they will be conservative. It's done that way to play it safe from all the years the manufactures where lying through their teeth. That's how and why the EPA ever got involved.

But lets talk that payload for a minute, a Chevrolet Colorado which is a bemouth next to it that barely gets over that in a truck body. We have a unibody construction that's rated for 600 lbs. more than a Nissan Frontier even with a V6.

It's simply incredible what Ford has done here. And for the first time in years, a vehicle specifically design for the American market.
Well when your honest about it, Ford is always first and others just follow suit.

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mike Levine drove 50 miles in Nashville and got 50mpg. I think hybrid owners will be very happy.

SmartSelect_20210926-122427_Twitter.jpg
Come on Tim don't be teasing us hybrid order people. But I guess I can wish it. Thanks for the photo.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah look a little closer. Is that saying he took 1 hour 41 minutes to drive 50 miles?? Sure you can get 50mpg if you're driving that slow lol

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't recall entering that, but it wouldn't be the first time I did something without remembering.

I would like my Maverick ASAP. My current Ford focus is still holding on, but I just had to get new battery and AC blower... Don't want to keep putting money into it.

That being said, as long as I can get good value for my current car without it going bad before, I'll be happy whenever.
My car is on life support as well. 2017 Chevy Cruze with 166k on it. Every day is a gift at this point.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My car is on life support as well. 2017 Chevy Cruze with 166k on it. Every day is a gift at this point.
Same boat. I actually just fixed another break-line leak (4th one) in my Impala today. But I am not a mechanic and I really need this Maverick to show up by the end of the year before my current car kills me.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same boat. I actually just fixed another break-line leak (4th one) in my Impala today. But I am not a mechanic and I really need this Maverick to show up by the end of the year before my current car kills me.
I've been driving my Chevy with the check engine light on almost since new. It's a crybaby. But it did die in the middle of the street a couple weeks ago

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah look a little closer. Is that saying he took 1 hour 41 minutes to drive 50 miles?? Sure you can get 50mpg if you're driving that slow lol
Dang, for a minute my bubble was flying high and the you burst it. This hybrid was doing a slow speed pass around downtown Nashville at an average of about 14mph (100 minutes of driving to cover 50 miles)
Sponsored